UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Show Me Your Store's Minimates Section!

DSTZach

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures guys. I'll have some to contribute this weekend. I am no retail marketing guy, so I won't pretend to know their motives, yet it would seem better to have one section to easily find these guys in. I am not forgetting the fact that a kid checking out Marvel Legends might "discover" Minimates, but one must weigh the pros and cons of having them scattered all over the store.

I am beginning to think I very likely just didn't spot Battle Beasts and walked right past them... I almost never ask for help anymore because TRU floor employees always seem bothered by my inquiries and I have yet to find one that even knows what I am talking about without consulting their computer. Its never been of help to me.

I wish i lived in America

We don't even have stores that carry Minimates :'(

On second thought, it wouldn't be wise, 'cause i'd go broke really really fast...

Here is the Minimates section from my TRU. As you'll notice most of the pegs are clogged. I am almost the only person that buys them. It is a blessing and a curse.

attachicon.giftDV9U_9KKp6p06rrSmPK1yq5aMmfgZdySSq15e1xiOs.jpg

I love that Sentinel, whenever I see it hanging on the pegs I can't resist buying another.

Say the word and I could probably wrangle 2 or 3 of them for you.

Wow, Minimates in the Nickelodeon aisle? Thats a new one...

It's more of a hodge lodge aisle the Nick figures are to the immediate right of the WWE figures. To the right of the Minimates are the adult collector stuff (Neca, DST, Macfarlane Sports Picks, etc.) then to top it all off there is the Angry Birds stuff. Edited by minimadman

My TRU in Massachusetts.

One aisle has Star Wars/Transformers on one side and Spiderman/Avengers on the other side.

Spiderman section:

post-6533-0-65298500-1362149416_thumb.jp

Avengers section:

post-6533-0-88135600-1362149441_thumb.jp

Another aisle has Marvel/Batman on one side and Movie figures/Sports figures on the other side.

Marvel section:

post-6533-0-99112100-1362149541_thumb.jp

Movie section:

post-6533-0-74379500-1362149556_thumb.jp

It gets very annoying trying to find new releases. Like if they carried Battle Beasts, I have no idea where they would be. I end up walking up and down every aisle.

Still no signs of Wave 15. wallbash.gif

Edited by pappymojo

TRU #1 - They have a lot but spread them out all over the place.

Spiderman/Iron Man/Marvel Universe aisle:

tru1_zpsd0864bfa.jpg

Expendables/More Marvel that turns into DC aisle

tru4_zps23c761ce.jpg

Collectors Aisle (There is a peg for Walking Dead but they sold out awhile ago)

tru2_zpsb451368a.jpg

tru3_zpsc0ae8e40.jpg

TRU#2 - Small store, Doesn't get in boxsets and hasn't gotten in Wave 14 or 15.

tru5_zpsb161f4db.jpg

This is what I call a trip through Shane's crappy local TRU.

We begin with the section that seems to be more adult oriented stuff like horror and video game collectibles. This store always looks like an earthquake just hit, so bear with me.

tru1_zpse4cc3fea.jpg

tru2_zps77f55c9b.jpg

tru3_zps125999b7.jpg

Lots of expendables and a few Knight Rider, still no Walking Dead.

tru4_zpsebf8a569.jpg

This is the DC section. I have no idea why they placed all the Predator figures here, but they also hid the Battle Beasts here, as well. Someone else found them because only two of four figures were left.

tru5_zps0ea8a19c.jpg

We enter the Marvel section...

tru6_zps53431d32.jpg

Lots of four packs!

tru7_zps818cf1c0.jpg

Whats left of Wave 15

tru8_zpsb1662aeb.jpg

This is whats left of the once mighty "Endcap of Awesomeness". They moved it back into the aisle and made it smaller. I guess once all of Wave 15 flew away, they downsized. Pay attention to the batteries as they seem to be some kind of strategic placement.

tru9_zpsae8ca3da.jpg

Another end of aisle rack. (look, more batteries)

tru10_zpsd15f62b1.jpg

Last week, this end of aisle rack was full of older Minimate 2-packs. Now it is all batteries and SLUGS. Are they trying the battery/Minimate thing with SLUGS now?

tru11_zps57fcd70e.jpg