UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is the single most important Marvel VILLAIN still waiting for a Minimate? POLL ADDED - Round 3 - Pick ONE

youbastards

We've gotten some pretty high-profile villains over the last couple of years: Mr. Sinister, Crossbones, Arnim Zola, MODOK, Galactus, Kang, Grim Reaper, Annihilus, Blastaar, Puppet Master. We also have Onslaught and Baron Zemo in the pipeline.

Who, in your opinion, is the single most important Marvel villain that has yet to receive a Minimate? This isn't necessarily your most wanted villain, but the villain that has had a big impact on the Marvel universe, but doesn't have a Minimate yet.

Additionally, what single villain do you expect we will never see as a Minimate, even if the Marvel series reaches Series 100?

Here are the rules:
- No wishlisting, the Marvel wishlist thread is here.
- No re-do's: If a character has aready had a Minimate, it isn't a contender.
- No teams, sorry Wrecking Crew. Although if you think Piledriver is the character missing, then he would count.
- Please keep your character choice limited to 1 character, not a list.

A new poll has been added, you can choose ONE character that survived from Round 2!

Here are the results of Round 2, characters needed a minimum of 3 votes to move to Round 3.

Villains moving to Round 3:
Baron Mordo - 3 votes
Baron Strucker - 7 votes
Beetle - 4 votes
Blackheart - 5 votes
Blob - 10 votes
Enchantress - 28 votes
Fin Fang Foom - 6 votes
High Evolutionary - 9 votes
Iron Monger - 5 votes
Mojo - 6 votes
Pyro - 6 votes
Silver Samurai - 4 votes
Stryfe - 10 votes
Super Adaptoid - 3 votes
Toad - 22 votes
Viper - 4 votes
Winter Soldier - 6 votes

Round 2 Eliminations:
Arcade - 1 vote
Avalanche - 2 votes
Executioner - 2 votes
Mimic - 1 vote
Ronan - 1 vote
Tiger Shark - 2 votes
Titania - 1 vote
Wendigo - 1 votes
Whirlwind - 2 votes
Wizard - 2 votes
Wrecker - 2 votes
Xorn - 2 votes
Zzzax - 0 votes

Here are the results of Round One, characters needed a minimum of 3 votes to move to Round 2.

Villains moving to Round 2:

Arcade - 3 Votes
Avalanche - 5 Votes
Baron Mordo - 3 Votes
Baron Strucker - 13 Votes
Beetle - 5 Votes
Blackheart - 8 Votes
Blob - 22 Votes
Enchantress - 28 Votes
Executioner - 3 Votes
Fin Fang Foom - 9 Votes
High Evolutionary - 7 Votes
Iron Monger - 7 Votes
Mimic - 3 Votes
Mojo - 9 Votes
Pyro - 10 Votes
Ronan - 4 Votes
Silver Samurai - 5 Votes
Stryfe - 9 Votes
Tiger Shark - 4 Votes
Titania - 3 Votes
Toad - 24 Votes
Viper - 4 Votes
Wendigo - 5 Votes
Whirlwind - 3 Votes
Winter Soldier - 8 Votes
Wizard - 4 Votes
Wrecker - 3 Votes
Xorn - 3 Votes
Zzzax - 3 Votes
Super Adaptoid - 4 Votes

Round 1 Eliminations:
Bastion - 1 Vote
Batroc - 1 Vote
Black Tom Cassidy - 0 Votes
Blood Axe - 1 Vote
Boomerang - 2 Votes
Bulldozer - 0 Votes
Callisto - 0 Votes
Constrictor - 0 Votes
Count Nefaria - 1 Vote
Cyber - 0 Votes
Deathbird - 2 Votes
Demogoblin - 0 Votes
Destiny - 2 Votes
Diablo - 0 Votes
Dragon Man - 1 Vote
Exodus - 1 Vote
Gargoyle (Hulk Villain) - 0 Votes
Genesis - 0 Votes
Ghost - 0 Votes
Gideon - 1 Vote
Gladiator (Daredevil Villain) - 0 Votes
Graviton - 0 Votes
Grey Gargoyle - 2 Votes
Hammerhead - 1 Vote
Hate-Monger - 0 Votes
Hela - 0 Votes
Hood - 2 Votes
Immortus - 2 Votes
Jackel - 2 Votes
Jack O'Lantern/Mad Jack - 1 Vote
Kaine - 2 Votes
Lilith - 0 Votes
Living Laser (added to list)
Living Monolith - 0 Votes
Mad Thinker - 0 Votes
Magus - 0 Votes
Master Mold - 1 Vote
Mastermind - 1 Vote
Mesmero - 0 Votes
Mister Fear - 1 Vote
Mister Hyde - 0 Votes
Molten Man - 1 Vote
Owl - 0 Votes
Paste Pot Pete/Trapster - 0 Votes
Piledriver - 1 Vote
Pluto - 0 Votes
Psycho-Man - 0 Votes
Puma - 1 Vote
Rama-Tut - 0 Votes
Spidercide - 1 Vote
Spiral - 1 Vote
Sebastien Shaw - 1 Vote
Shuma-Gorath - 1 Vote
Spot (added to List)
Surtur - 1 Vote
Thunderball - 0 Votes
Tombstone - 1 Vote
Toxin - 1 Vote
Typhoid Mary - 1 Vote
Ulik - 2 Votes
Whiplash/Blacklash - 0 Votes
Zodiac - 0 Votes

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brotherhood of Mutants and the Wrecking Crew. I'm sure there's some A-lister I'm forgetting but those groups sprung to mind first. If I had to narrow it down to one? Oh, let's say...... Blob.

As far as someone who we would never see, I could easily go through the OHOTMU and find some one-off oddball characters but that would be too easy. If you mean purely from an aesthetic point I would say Mojo. But we did get MODOK and Mojo was on the wave 50 poll so it's entirely possible. We've seen so many designs stray from the traditional aesthetic (dogs, alien insects, genetically engineered floating heads) that at this point nothing DST does would surprise me. The only reason I could see a villain not get produced is if there is something offensive or controversial about the design.

But then again we are getting a Nudy Beach Sauron.....

If we are going for ones that may or have messed with Marvel heroes as a whole its a bit hard. I would go

Enchantress. I know mainly a Thor villian but I would guess like Loki she has messed with alot of heroes heads and not just the Asgardian.

Arcade. on a simaler thing to Enchantress. He has at one time or another tried to murdercade a whole bunch of street lvl or lower powered heroes.

As I said its hard to pick out a real heavy hitter A list villian that hasn't been done so my two are a bit lower down the alphabet. As for one not being made then I pick.

Toad, also know as the last minimate of the apocolypse.

Let's try to keep them to a single character, not groups. This thread isn't for re-do's either, if the character had an official Minimate already, it isn't a contender.

Immortus I would say counts, as the design is distinct.

I'm going with Wendigo, due to his involvement with the introduction of one of the most important Marvel characters of all time. I would love to be able to recreate the Hulk 181 battle with an official Wendigo 'mate. As a standalone character, I wouldn't count him, but that appearance alone makes him my most important villain to not yet have a 'mate.

For the villain I doubt we will ever see, I'm going with Purple Man. A cool villain with a dangerous power, hindered by a bland design.

Edited by youbastards

I'd also say the Enchantress, as she's challenged both Thor individually and the Avengers as a group, and has popped up in several other Marvel books over the years. Looking at the modern Marvel Universe, I'm still surprised that we never did get the Hood, since he was such a big part of the MU for awhile there, and wouldn't require any new pieces. But the time for him has probably passed.

As for whom we'll never see, I'm afraid that a lot of the cool, colorful old villains are unlikely. Guys like the Living Laser, Grey Gargoyle, Constrictor... I just don't think they are very likely. Thanks for bringing me down, YB.sad.png

What, someone hasn't said that Joe Quesada is the biggest Marvel villian not to have been made yet?

Since I don't think the Gibbon or Dr. Bong count, I'll go with Toad. He was posterized, has been around almost since the beginning of X-Men comics and was even in the first movie (though handled pretty badly IMO). But having said that, there are tons of other bigger profile villians that could easily be made. Wrecking Crew, Hood, comic Blob, Enchantress, Executioner, Madame Masque, Tombstone...the list goes on.

Somewhat related, is anyone else disappointed that we're getting so few villians in the upcoming waves? I know we got spoiled with wave 48/TRU 15, but I was hoping those set a new trend for more villians.

Edited by groundhog7s

Toad to me is the most glaring villainous omission, for all the reasons GH just said. Enchantress and Executioner are up there as well. Also, and I know they're unrelated, but Wrecker, Piledriver, Bulldozer, and Thunderball are all cool, colourful, somewhat high profile villains. If they ever teamed up, they would make some crew.

Edited by Turtle

Somewhat related, is anyone else disappointed that we're getting so few villians in the upcoming waves? I know we got spoiled with wave 48/TRU 15, but I was hoping those set a new trend for more villians.

Well, Onslaught, 2 versions of Zemo, and Songbird are all in Wave 50, but it seems like we knew the results of Wave 50 sooooo long ago now that I can see how it feels like we already got them.

We need a Wave 48/15 equivalent for Hulk villains and Thor villains. The release timing and character selection for the FF waves were perfect and I agree that we need more of that for the 616 characters.

A while back, I would have said The Hood, but he's now dropped off the radar.

There's various villains (or former villains) I'd like, such as the Jackel, Kaine, Spidercide, Toxin, Hammerhead or Harry Osborn.

There's villains I'd also like re-made such as Carnage, Hobgoblin, Apocalypse, Quicksilver, Thanos and The Abomination.

But for someone who has never been produced before, I'd say Xorn.

Hahaha... no wishlisting. That's cute. teehee.gif

For most important, I would have to say Toad. I think he's one of the longest-running villains in the Marvel U who hasn't been Minimated yet. He's had an impact by virtue of his being involved, if tangentially, in X-men stories since the beginning and is still involved.

For "never going to happen," Cameron Hodge. He'd be too nondescript in his human form, and I think his big robot spider thing form would be too much, even with the add-ons we've seen to characters like MODOK or Onslaught.

Well, Onslaught, 2 versions of Zemo, and Songbird are all in Wave 50, but it seems like we knew the results of Wave 50 sooooo long ago now that I can see how it feels like we already got them.

We need a Wave 48/15 equivalent for Hulk villains and Thor villains. The release timing and character selection for the FF waves were perfect and I agree that we need more of that for the 616 characters.

True about wave 50, although I don't really count Songbird as a villian for some reason and it was a fan poll. If anything, the amount of votes for different villians should have said something about the need for them.

And I've said for years that a Hulk wave would be awesome if it had a good mix of villians. I'd love to see DST tackle Zzzax and it would be a good place for Wendigo. Plus, I still think a transformation Hulk that's half Banner would totally rock.

it's definitely Toad, Pyro, and then Blob. it's a lil silly we haven't gotten them yet with some of the other releases.

My pick for never gets made goes to Obnoxio the Clown. and Doc Ock needs a redo the most.

I'd also love to see Tombstone( my custom will do for now) and a Young Vulture

Single most important TO ME?

The Beetle. Classic first appearance costume (with a 1990s variant).

There are lots of others (some even mentioned here... Fin Fang Foom wub.png... that I'd love to see) but my Spidey/Human Torch collection just looks empty without him.

Edited by Mystery Man