UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I share a concern mentioned by someone else; that these series won't make it to TRU pegs at all and will end up being shuttled off to some obscure clearance retailer because TRU feels that they've missed their window of opportunity to maximize sell-through.

Or, they'll sit in the warehouse as overstock until a low season, then we'll start seeing cases of them randomly turn up in stores in like a year and a half.

All the more reason to cut their losses and sell the lot of them to a clearance retailer.

But I hope you're right and this is an anomaly rather than a trend or sign of the Minimates Apocalypse. nopity.gif

Or, they'll sit in the warehouse as overstock until a low season, then we'll start seeing cases of them randomly turn up in stores in like a year and a half.

Also a possibility, considering what I've seen showing up lately.

Yeah, TRU Tomb Raider and TRU Wolverine haven't hit eBay yet. That is my litmus test for starting the hunt in-store.

I'm convinced the TRU 16 debacle is entirely due to the shared Item Number.

I believe you are correct about wave 16. I cleared out of one of my local TRU's wave 15 last week and today they got in a case of wave 16. The store had never gotten wave 16 before today.

Well, I think I am at the point that I may need to go outside my normal TRU channels for Wave 16. If anyone picks up a full set for trades or sales, let me know.

It's amazing too how few of these are online. For those who were around, how do the p5 and sw sets compare to the difficulty of finding Hulkbuster and the two Angels? I know those were very difficult. These are definitely the biggest pain since I started a year and a half or so ago.

It's funny, really only wanted the Sauron and maybe the SW sets but the fact I can't find them makes me want the others much more. Have the Wolvie set and passed up on the Hulk set once, which I now regret! Wasn't too excited about getting another Wolverine but love the figure, the claws are a huge improvement. Sauron is great (I know it's a 'Reaper,' but I don't know what that is!)

I too have this feeling at some point the stores will be flooded with them. Really starting to wonder though.

All the more reason to cut their losses and sell the lot of them to a clearance retailer.

But I hope you're right and this is an anomaly rather than a trend or sign of the Minimates Apocalypse. nopity.gif

Also a possibility, considering what I've seen showing up lately.

I've recently been out of the loop (no internet for a while & not too much time) but I noticed a very short while back that the TRU.com site suddenly sold out of the AvX Fan poll set ......one day they were showing 100's & the next time I looked they were all gone .

Just saying.

BTW I'm up for some these sets (trade etc.)

It's amazing too how few of these are online. For those who were around, how do the p5 and sw sets compare to the difficulty of finding Hulkbuster and the two Angels? I know those were very difficult. These are definitely the biggest pain since I started a year and a half or so ago.

It's funny, really only wanted the Sauron and maybe the SW sets but the fact I can't find them makes me want the others much more. Have the Wolvie set and passed up on the Hulk set once, which I now regret! Wasn't too excited about getting another Wolverine but love the figure, the claws are a huge improvement. Sauron is great (I know it's a 'Reaper,' but I don't know what that is!)

I too have this feeling at some point the stores will be flooded with them. Really starting to wonder though.

Doesn't really compare. Those sets showed up, without a problem; they just sold out real quick. X-Factor Angel was one per case, and that set remains the only one I never saw (and, to be honest with you, I was only going to buy to put his arms and legs on the Champions Angel, for a proper red costume Angel, so it's probably for the best). The SA Angel was made rarer after a factory screwup, but he went to specialty, not TRU. And the Hulkbuster set did ship two to a case, but Chuck drastically underestimated the appeal of that figure (which he readily admits). They were all findable, but you had to be quick, and a little lucky. This is just a case of sets not shipping to stores, on a pretty massive scale. Unfortunately, they will probably eventually show up, when we've all moved on to other things and those who really want them will have bought or traded for them somewhere else. Remember when this wave is pegwarming in January how difficult they were to find for awhile.

BTW, if you really only want Sauron, you know he's part of Wave 51, packed with the much more attractive Shanna the She-Devil, right? Those shipped to comic book stores several weeks ago and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Unfortunately, I don't anticipate these being everywhere in a few months. It appears certain regions (or distribution centers) got Wave 15 shipments while other regions got Wave 16 shipments.

7 stores that I regularly visit went from Wave 14 to Wave 16, completely passing over Wave 15.

My guess is that many of the stores that got 15 aren't getting 16 for the same reason: those damn shared item numbers.

Wave 17 has a unique item number, so this should essentially "reset" the distribution centers. Hopefully Wave 18 won't share 17's item number or we could very well be going through all this again in 6 months...

Shared item numbers have been happening at TRU for a while: 11, 12, and 13 all shared a number, as did 14, 15, and 16. So, I think the issue with wave 16 has been a distribution problem more than anything.

It seems like Marvel comic waves are given a new item number for each new year, with subsequent waves treated as "refresh" assortments rather than new product. This is why I suspect that, despite the sample case (allegedly) turning up on the website, we won't see wave 17 in stores until next year. Then, the same cycle, with 18 and 19 sharing an item number. Some stores will get the refresh, some won't.

Edited by Lobsterman