UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

Galactus never made it anywhere near me. Odd.

The Galactus set didn't end up in my neck of the woods until very late. I became convinced it was not getting stocked in my area, so I bought from Luke. Months later, a case showed up in both stores near me.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which probably means they're sitting at my local TRU here in NEPA as well.

But I don't care because I've got a box sitting at home from TRU.com. banana.gif

verymad.gifverymad.gifverymad.gif

So YOU'RE the one LOL. Saw on the board that they were there but the same day Prowlar wrote the message (thanks), Cap was gone by 9:30 pm when I went to order. For what it's worth someone from TRU customer service told me they're supposed to re-stock online in 2 and a half weeks.

Special? Oh hell, yeah. I slip on my skin-tight dog suit, race across the street, and dry hump my neighbor's family until they chase me home with a baseball bat.

Seriously? Not to me. I don't pay attention to how many cases are in stock. But I've never been one of those guys who post "FIRST!" either. I'm sure to them it's the highlight of their entire month.

Patience has usually been my friend but my optimism has sometimes worked against me. I don't recall a TRU series taking this long to get to my local stores from the first reported sighting (in this case September 3rd).

I guess I should feel lucky but luck shouldn't even be a factor here. Consumers should be able to walk into a store or order these online without feeling like they're The Chosen One, blessed by the toy gods to receive a special favor.

I don't know what's up with TRU and Minimates lately but if they're experiencing a lull in sales, it's pretty easy to explain.

I feel exactly the same way as MPL. Patience works out for me 99% of the time, but this is getting ridiculous. Wave 17 is out and I still haven't seen anything of wave 16 amongst two local store locations and I know I am not alone.

I am far from a sales genius, but I would dare say that TRU needs to examine its distribution system with regard to sales numbers. If these were not TRU exclusives, they likely would not sell any Minimates to me.

I guess I should feel lucky but luck shouldn't even be a factor here. Consumers should be able to walk into a store or order these online without feeling like they're The Chosen One, blessed by the toy gods to receive a special favor.

Amen.

I just had a chance to check out this series last night and while the figures are fine, I have an issue with the packaging, specifically the copy.

The character descriptions are pretty generic. None of them address why the characters look different than usual. I'll admit that's not a problem with Wolverine, Captain America or maybe even Scarlet Witch, but when it comes to new Iron Man armor, kids might be interested in whatever new features have been added to the armor.

The most glaring oversight is with Hulk. It has Banner's typical origin biography but makes no mention of why he's wearing robo-pants or what Darth Maul's probe droid from Star Wars is doing in the package. The uninitiated might pair that with Iron Man thinking it's a floating JARVIS.

I mention this because I believe consumers enjoy backstories on toys like these, bios that compel them to buy another incarnation of a character they might already own. I know I appreciate that added level of detail since the only way I keep up with the Marvel U is through Previews, the occasional trade paperback, and yes, Minimate packaging.

I just had a chance to check out this series last night and while the figures are fine, I have an issue with the packaging, specifically the copy.

The character descriptions are pretty generic. None of them address why the characters look different than usual. I'll admit that's not a problem with Wolverine, Captain America or maybe even Scarlet Witch, but when it comes to new Iron Man armor, kids might be interested in whatever new features have been added to the armor.

The most glaring oversight is with Hulk. It has Banner's typical origin biography but makes no mention of why he's wearing robo-pants or what Darth Maul's probe droid from Star Wars is doing in the package. The uninitiated might pair that with Iron Man thinking it's a floating JARVIS.

I mention this because I believe consumers enjoy backstories on toys like these, bios that compel them to buy another incarnation of a character they might already own. I know I appreciate that added level of detail since the only way I keep up with the Marvel U is through Previews, the occasional trade paperback, and yes, Minimate packaging.

That's a good point. I always like when descriptions are added like "Extremis" Iron Man or " Nova Flame" Human Torch. Makes it less confusing too.

Been checking all 5 TRU locations in northen Utah pretty regularly (pop in during lunch, phone calls, etc.). We usually get things pretty timely here, sometimes a little late, but this is silly. At the very least 1 or 2 of these locations should have something. Curiouser and curiouser.

Im bugged enough that im letting this wave go.. If i come across an iron man set as im looking for other stuff then ill snag it... But i wont go online and im not making special trips anymore.

Never mind, I just realized I was in the 16 thread, not 17, and getting in TRU 16 is absolutely nothing special at this point. IGNORE ME!

Is that a venture brothers reference? If so, is it a secret hint that venture bros mates are in the works?

Yes and no, respectively.

Sorry I didn't give all the figures cool names, I usually try to do that for you guys. I probably should have called Hulk "Indestructible" or "Agent of SHIELD" and Iron Man "Invincible." My bad.

As far as the descriptions go... Maybe I could have dug up the particulars of the black and gold armor, or explained who Bob is, but I didn't really think the Hulk's metal pants needed an explanation. But I'll try to make more of an effort with new versions of characters in the future.

Sorry people are giving up on the assortment. Hope they show up by everyone soon, but they're worth ordering, from TRU or from Luke's.

I would get it from TRU but they only had the Cap/SW set up for less than one day this month (was gone in hours) and the Emma/ Colossus for a few days. Luke had only the SW and Hulk sets and is now sold out of SW. It's rough! In Queens NY I NEVER had trouble like this. Have only been checking one TRU lately but never had to check more. Zach, is there a reason TRU this wave is so hard to find? Were they produced in the same quantities of others?

I honestly don't know what the relative quantities are, but I know some of their items were delayed getting out of the warehouse this fall. Not sure if that affected what stores this asst. went to.

Looks like Luke has all three non-P5 sets now, if that helps.

I honestly don't know what the relative quantities are, but I know some of their items were delayed getting out of the warehouse this fall. Not sure if that affected what stores this asst. went to.

Looks like Luke has all three non-P5 sets now, if that helps.

I was traveling in Middleton and Janesville, Wisconsin this weekend and went in to 2 different TRU's. The Middleton Store was huge (larger than my local TRU) and had a peg completely full of Wolverine/Reaper (at least 15 on this peg but it was full from the pegboard to the front). Then I found TWD mates and they had some of Sailer Zombie/Leg Bite Zombies and a few other of the Tyresse & Zombie sets. They also had a peg full of hte Munster's Coach (which was never available in my local TRU) and they had a peg full of Halo mates. The Janesville Store had the Riot Gear Governor and the new Rick Grimes sets (only one of each) so I snagged them. They also had one package of Iron Man & Rhino, so I snagged it, too. (it was full price but never saw it at home TRU.)

As for Trek Mates: The Middleton TRU had two Kirk/Khan sets and seven Sisko/Cardassian sets. The Janesville TRU had three Kirk/Khan and five Sisko/Cardassian sets but that was it.

I was hoping to find more at the TRU's in Wisconsin, so I could help out some of you on here but no luck. I am now praying my local TRU will get some more Wave 16 and then Wave 17 soon.

When I go to Florida for the end of December, I will be staking out the TRU's in the area of Panama City Beach looking for minimates. I am already compiling a list of the Comic Shops and such in the area. If anyone knows the area and can give advise, please let me know.