UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

So, selling them at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. would be the death of minimates?

As soon as Target or Wal-Mart are interested in carrying Minimates, I'm sure Zach will let us know.

Weren't some of the boxed sets, like Venom TTA and Fear Itself, available on Walmart.com for a while?

walmart.com currently has IM3, wave 50 and 51, plus some other stuff.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, selling them at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. would be the death of minimates?

As soon as Target or Wal-Mart are interested in carrying Minimates, I'm sure Zach will let us know.

Weren't some of the boxed sets, like Venom TTA and Fear Itself, available on Walmart.com for a while?
walmart.com currently has IM3, wave 50 and 51, plus some other stuff.

That is stock sold and shipped by a third party, most likely Entertainment Earth, only availble online. Basically a specialty store partnered with Wal-Mart to sell thru the website, like an Amazon seller. Wal-Mart doesn't directly stock/sell Minimates, and you won't find the website stuff in-store.

That is stock sold and shipped by a third party, most likely Entertainment Earth, only availble online. Basically a specialty store partnered with Wal-Mart to sell thru the website, like an Amazon seller. Wal-Mart doesn't directly stock/sell Minimates, and you won't find the website stuff in-store.

Yeah, but since you can do site to store pick up for free shipping, its in essence the same thing.

Plus, I can use my Sam's Credit to buy them, lol.

Also, I present... The Uncanny Avengers. (Not picture: Modern Thor, Modern Rogue, and Modern Wolverine (Didn't have enough money to buy him yet)

IMG-20130908-00591_zpsb7b94858.jpg

Edited by Zexion_Armando

What. The. HO@UTG#OGEIHB:LI@HD)*@T)@*^%E)@(&@_. The FLAGSHIP TRU in NYC still doesn't have them and I was told that eh. Maybe they will skip this wave. THE FLAGSHIP STORE.

Don't believe that. I bought the whole wave from the Times Square Toys R US on August 29th. I left a complete wave plus extras on the shelf. Looks like they haven't restocked.

Since I'm posting I might as well say hello to everyone. Been lurking here for over a year and I think I have only posted once.

Welcome! Thanks for the heads up, man. Got the IM/Hulk and Wolvie/Reaper sets at Times Square, but they didn't have the other two TRU exclusives on the shelf. They told me they don't have a back room to hold items to restock so what they had on the floor is all they have.

:( Wanda/Cap! Where are you?!!!

Edited by emperorshotz

If anyone thinks having Minimates at Wal-Mart rather then Toys R Us would be an improvement, they are absolutely kidding themselves.

I can't think of another big-box retailer I'd rather see DST partner with. Walmart would buy far too many and end up passing on future waves due to poor sales. Target would buy too few and collectors would have a fit.

If TRU could get their online act together (adequately stock exclusives and ship to stores for free), they'd be ideal.

What else is there? Kmart? ermm.gif

That's the point I always try to make when TRU-bashing comes up. They have their problems, no doubt, but what's the alternative? Wal-Mart and Target are infinitely more frustrating and collector-unfriendly. And you can forget about Minimates being carried by either web site.

Nada in SW Washington yet.

On the WM thing, that would be a huge step backward for me. My area Walmarts could really care less about their toy departments.

Same here. For what it's worth at least TRU IS a toy store. On a side note I did get the Maria Hill 2-pack for 9.99 (for a Sharon Carter custom)

Edited by bilbofett

If Target carried them, at least their clearance sales would be a bit more realistic for moving product off shelves. Honestly, if any other company picked up Minimates, I'd prefer it were Target.

Also, it'd be even better to have exclusive waves at TRU, another at Target, and more at specialty! I'd imagine we'd get more characters we'd never get otherwise (Phoneix-5 Magik and Namor, perhaps?)

There are more Targets than TRUs. I would imagine the production numbers would be around the same, only then spread over more stores, leading it to look like less were produced. And who knows, maybe they'd increase the production numbers? But if TRU would clearance out things like the Boomer & Rictor packs for $1.24 or $2.24 like Target would, I'd clear out every TRU in Los Angeles!

I don't want to lose TRU as an exclusive partner. But I'd love to add Target, and I don't think it'd be as bad as everyone thinks. Plus, with more store traffic, it could bring in a huge wave of new fans!

The last 3 comic book TRU waves have shown up online the same exact day as my local store. The snag is being on PST they are up hours before my local store opens but being a nervous nelly I ordered them in fear of selling out. So naturally when I go to the store there they are fresh on the peg… and just a bit too late to cancel my online order.

If Target carried them, at least their clearance sales would be a bit more realistic for moving product off shelves. Honestly, if any other company picked up Minimates, I'd prefer it were Target.

There are more Targets than TRUs. I would imagine the production numbers would be around the same, only then spread over more stores, leading it to look like less were produced. And who knows, maybe they'd increase the production numbers? But if TRU would clearance out things like the Boomer & Rictor packs for $1.24 or $2.24 like Target would, I'd clear out every TRU in Los Angeles!

I don't want to lose TRU as an exclusive partner. But I'd love to add Target, and I don't think it'd be as bad as everyone thinks. Plus, with more store traffic, it could bring in a huge wave of new fans!

So true. If TRU would bite the bullet and actually have a real clearance cycle on their product they would move out far more product making room for fresh stuff and appear a lot more relevant. So much old dead stock at $.50 off (or still full price) that is going nowhere. Minimates are a great example. So are those 6" Iron Man armored avenenger figures that TRU must have bought all of Hasbro's old stock of and then jacked the price up to $19.99! My TRU has 4 pegs JAMMED full of those things with no movement. Clear that crud out!