UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What. The. HO@UTG#OGEIHB:LI@HD)*@T)@*^%E)@(&@_. The FLAGSHIP TRU in NYC still doesn't have them and I was told that eh. Maybe they will skip this wave. THE FLAGSHIP STORE.

Don't believe that. I bought the whole wave from the Times Square Toys R US on August 29th. I left a complete wave plus extras on the shelf. Looks like they haven't restocked.

Since I'm posting I might as well say hello to everyone. Been lurking here for over a year and I think I have only posted once.

What. The. HO@UTG#OGEIHB:LI@HD)*@T)@*^%E)@(&@_. The FLAGSHIP TRU in NYC still doesn't have them and I was told that eh. Maybe they will skip this wave. THE FLAGSHIP STORE.

Don't believe that. I bought the whole wave from the Times Square Toys R US on August 29th. I left a complete wave plus extras on the shelf. Looks like they haven't restocked.

Since I'm posting I might as well say hello to everyone. Been lurking here for over a year and I think I have only posted once.

Hello Mav,

Welcome, albeit a year late, to the board. Hope you enjoy your stay!

That's a tough question. Sometimes they never restock a wave. Sometimes they restock a wave a week later. Sometimes they restock a wave a year later. One of my local TRUs had a fresh case of wave 9 last year, about two years after its initial release. Sometimes stuff is deliberately restocked. Sometimes stuff is lost and then found in the stock room and just put on the shelves. Sometimes I think maybe stuff is lost and then found at some warehouse. If you're the Cap/Zola or Thor/BRB sets from Wave 12, you don't have to get restocked because apparently you just multiply on the shelves or other sets kinda of slowly degrade into those and X-Men:FC sets or something. There doesn't seem to be much method to the madness, so you pretty much just have to go every day and hope that whatever employee you ask for assistance knows what he/she is talking about.

There's a lot of smack that we can talk about TRU, and a lot of it is very well deserved, but even so, I think we should all remember that TRU has been a very healthy partnership for Minimates, and we've gotten a lot of 'mates through them that we wouldn't have otherwise gotten. Just something to remember. It can be a hassle, but ultimately it's worth it.

I sent my boyfriend today to pick themn up ( he scared me a bit by saying they were all gone) and he got me Tony/Hulk and Cap/Wanda.

I really love Cap and Wanda and Tony. Had Hulk not had his fugly skin boots, lol. Wanda's hair piece kinda bugs me, so I gave her AvX's wandas hair piece, which I think looks better. Her Now hairpiece looks like a messed up weave lol.

Finally got them in houston :) I found them yesterday and the reaper is awesome!!!

Any subtle differences from the wave 51 version?
From what I see no

Finally got them in houston :) I found them yesterday and the reaper is awesome!!!

Which store? If you stole mine, I swear... Lol
I think I did lol I went straight to the one in Webster that's my lucky toysrus ;) I did leave two complete waves though

Marv - welcome to the board and THANK YOU! I was goig too start trolling ebay for them but I will not give up hope!