UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend in Canada finally sent my Phoenix Emma dn Phoenix Piotr.

Love them, but might buy another Outback Colossus to try and bulk up the Phoenix one. And I might give him Colossonaut's face since that looks more Angry, but we'll see.

Plus, the stands they came with are really... Ugh. They are bad. The little foot peg is too small to fit anyones foot.

IMG-20130830-00575_zps758f45be.jpg

If you want close ups or anyting else, just ask. Also, you can see my little edit of Magik's teleportation disk, lol.

Also, here are the 2 faces. Don't really like Angry Colossus as much as I thought. His Phoenix one looks bored, which looks good when put alongside Cyke and Emma.

IMG-20130830-00569_zpsb76d1259.jpg

IMG-20130830-00567_zpsbf906d9c.jpg

IMG-20130830-00570_zps214a8a02.jpg

Also, here is a picture of the offending stands. The left is the good one from the SDCC bags, and the right one is the ugh one.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

I love the custom White Phoenix Hope

Whoa the peg is tiny on that stand.

Yeah, one of the reasons I got the White Phoenix, since i prefer that look over normal Hope's clothes...

As for the peg, yeah. The only minimate I hate that can use that peg is Shaman from AF, since his peg hole is tinier than everyone elses.

Otherwise, I might use putty, but that defeats the purpose of a stand if you ask me.

I just found these! I can confirm that the stand with the small peg is indeed meant for Reaper, but doesn't come packed in that pack! Reaper/Wolvie have 2 regular stands, Phoenix Five pack has small stands.

These mates are really nice, great paint apps!

Edited by youbastards

A couple more pix of Wolverine, I'm going to go ahead and say this is the best Wolverine Minimate produced to date.

20130901_112818.jpg

20130901_112837.jpg

20130901_112902.jpg

My work in progress Sauron, using the crotch/thigh pieces and a highly chopped up labcoat, all from Silver Age Lizard.

I also used a Hulk waist riser so the belt line shows.

Not sure if I'm going to keep the labcoat, but I definitely like the purple shorts look. I may tweak the headsculpt a little too, to make it more unique from the Reapers.

20130901_112601.jpg

20130901_112627.jpg

Yeah, I think my TRU thinks I'm some kind of vagrant who comes in everyday, for like 3-4 minutes, then leaves.

Wow.... I think my toysrus thinks the same.....

Mine may take out a restraining order...

For a wave that is majority character retreads, they are all really nice 'mates. I keep going back and forth between Cap and Wolvie for my favorite of the bunch.

Thanks for the photos. I agree this isn't a line I was PSYCHED about but they did a great job of brining it to life. And is it just me or does Wanda always just have ugly not practicle costumes?