UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she has, historically, usually worn plain tan/brown. I think i'd prefer her to stay with the tan/brown outfit personally. If the spots prove popular enough to stick around, one can always sharpie some on.

Edited by Nessex

Think we're going to change "Sauron" to "Reaper," since these guys have no pants and he's shared between both series, making him KIND of an army-builder. Not sure we'll sell more or less of him that way, but hey.

Also, it's "Titania." Not "Titiana." The latter reminds me of an old SNL sketch involving Dan Ackroyd as an uncouth art expert.

Just curious, but isn't it a bit late in the game to change the packaging now? You did say earlier you expect these to ship in spring, likely before wave 50.

I believe we just sent the corrected packaging to Marvel for approval this morning, and I'm still seeing an April/May ship date for these, so I don't think it's too late. It will definitely precede Series 50, though. So if you have OCD... well, I'm sorry.

Also wanted to add: Shanna - in the Marvel Now! comic, she has a leopard print on her clothes, yet the minimate is basic brown. Will this be corrected?

When they correct their cover artists, we'll correct our Minimate:

savage_wolverine_mile_high_exclusive.jpg

Savage_Wolverine_Vol_1_2_Milo_Manara_Var

Think we're going to change "Sauron" to "Reaper," since these guys have no pants and he's shared between both series, making him KIND of an army-builder. Not sure we'll sell more or less of him that way, but hey.

Also, it's "Titania." Not "Titiana." The latter reminds me of an old SNL sketch involving Dan Ackroyd as an uncouth art expert.

Just curious, but isn't it a bit late in the game to change the packaging now? You did say earlier you expect these to ship in spring, likely before wave 50.

I believe we just sent the corrected packaging to Marvel for approval this morning, and I'm still seeing an April/May ship date for these, so I don't think it's too late. It will definitely precede Series 50, though. So if you have OCD... well, I'm sorry.

>Also wanted to add: Shanna - in the Marvel Now! comic, she has a leopard print on her clothes, yet the minimate is basic brown. Will this be corrected?

When they correct their cover artists, we'll correct our Minimate:

I don't have OCD. I don't have OCD. I don't have OCD. :)

As for Shanna, I'm not nit-picking, just curious. I hadn't seen that cover. I just read the first two issues of Savage Wolverine, and her costume is very much leopard print. I still plan on buying her, and honestly to me if it were leopard or just brown she'd still work as a 616 minimate for me. I just thought the leopard print would "pop" more.

Leopard-print Shanna would make a great addition to a Savage Land box set with Ka-Zar, Zabu and Stegron the Dinosaur Man. (hint hint).

...And Dinosaur army builders!

Edited by kaipo

Oops, probably shouldn't have mentioned the Reaper thing in the other thread, But it's awesome DST strives for perfection and is actually changing the name, I don't think most companies would have bothered. Either way way, super stoked for this wave!

Oops, probably shouldn't have mentioned the Reaper thing in the other thread, But it's awesome DST strives for perfection and is actually changing the name, I don't think most companies would have bothered. Either way way, super stoked for this wave!

Well, we are pretty great.

Having a little regret now. I miss having a Sauron. Not sure when we'll get him again. Damn perfectionism...

Well, we are pretty great.

Having a little regret now. I miss having a Sauron. Not sure when we'll get him again. Damn perfectionism...

I blame Cho. Why have a bunch of guys running around your comic that look like Sauron if they aren't Sauron? Though, I suspect, by the time these come out, we'll find out that Sauron is at the center of the story.

I honestly can't believe that there's so many people bent out of shape over this. Look, it's Sauron, okay? If you need a freaking loin cloth on him so badly, here's what you do:

1. Go buy an extra Minimate set with a Moloid.

2. Save.

3. Buy a Sauron Reaper set when they come out.

4. Put the loin cloth on the Reaper.

5. If his tail is in the way... here's the tricky part... CUT OFF THE BACK OF THE LOIN CLOTH.

Seriously, is there anybody here that can't do this? You all have thumbs, right?*

*Apologies to any MMMVers who don't have thumbs, or are in fact physically incapable of modifying a Minimate piece. I'd be happy to do if for you.

CUT OFF THE BACK OF THE LOIN CLOTH.

You raise a bigger issue. How does the real soar-on wear his loin cloth? Does he bare his prehistoric cheeks to the savage world below? Or does he have a specially tailored loin cloth that let's his tail swing freely while providing modest coverage for his nethers?

As the team exited the Blackbird into the humid Savage Land darkness, Wolverine growled, "Bubs, looks like it's going to be a full moon tonight."

I blame Cho. Why have a bunch of guys running around your comic that look like Sauron if they aren't Sauron? Though, I suspect, by the time these come out, we'll find out that Sauron is at the center of the story.

I honestly can't believe that there's so many people bent out of shape over this. Look, it's Sauron, okay? If you need a freaking loin cloth on him so badly, here's what you do:

1. Go buy an extra Minimate set with a Moloid.

2. Save.

3. Buy a Sauron Reaper set when they come out.

4. Put the loin cloth on the Reaper.

5. If his tail is in the way... here's the tricky part... CUT OFF THE BACK OF THE LOIN CLOTH.

Are people bent out of shape? I didn't get that. When life gives you pterodactyls, make pterodactyl men. All you need is one of the many loincloths we've made. And sugar.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/searchTag.php?tag=21

Or a pair of shorts/tattered pants/Daisy Dukes:

83996-45249-sauron_large.jpg

UX61_SauronLayout.JPG

x-men-classic-10-sauron.jpg

ren13.JPG

And I don't think Sauron is involved, I think I just saw him on a comic cover wearing glasses and a collared shirt. The man's a scientist, after all. He was bitten by a radioactive pterodactyl, though, so I assume these are more victims of that pterodactyl or the actual mutant pterodactyls. I'm not even sure they're man-like in the comic at all, they may simply be pterodactyls. Cho doesn't need to gussy up a dinosaur to make it better.