UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that the previous Hulks that had sculpted toes also had the bottom portion of tattered pants on the same foot piece. Since this Hulk's pants end above his knees, that just wouldn't work. Besides Thing, I don't think there are any large foot pieces that have sculpted toes.

Could just be a cost saving measure?

Anyone remember Mantra from the Ultraverse? Emma Frost makes for a nice base. Great, just what I need to do, start thinking about Ultraverse customs. rolleyes.gif

I am in a huge minorrity but I LOVED the Ultraverse! I am still annoyed they didn't mention it during the Exiles run or during any of the Phoenix sagas. Last time we saw the Phoenix Force and the Infity Gems they were in the UV but then they magically appeared here and all of those stories were forgotton.

The Avengers movie Hulk had toes and no tattered pants.

Hail Ivan

Could one swap out the feet then if Toes are your thing? I can't believe I just typed that...

Edited by thereasonsy

My guess is that the previous Hulks that had sculpted toes also had the bottom portion of tattered pants on the same foot piece. Since this Hulk's pants end above his knees, that just wouldn't work. Besides Thing, I don't think there are any large foot pieces that have sculpted toes.

Could just be a cost saving measure?

Barbarian Hulk has twos with no torn pants.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a concern for consistency, as with Hulk's color of green. Not that a lack of consistency is a bad thing, as Hulk has been drawn with various shades of green over the years, but as far as I know, he's always been drawn with toes. hulk.gif

I'm actually pretty happy to get various shades of Green for the different Hulks. Apart from being true to the art they are representing, it also makes for better diversity in my collection. Same goes for the yellows on Wolverine, Reds on IronMan, Blues on Cap etc...

Anyone remember Mantra from the Ultraverse? Emma Frost makes for a nice base. Great, just what I need to do, start thinking about Ultraverse customs. :rolleyes:

I am in a huge minorrity but I LOVED the Ultraverse! I am still annoyed they didn't mention it during the Exiles run or during any of the Phoenix sagas. Last time we saw the Phoenix Force and the Infity Gems they were in the UV but then they magically appeared here and all of those stories were forgotton.

While I preferred the original Ultraverse to the Marvel Makeover I'd still love to get characters from both versions. Phoenix Prime, Sirin, Foxfire, Solitare, and Nightman being at the top of my list.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a concern for consistency, as with Hulk's color of green. Not that a lack of consistency is a bad thing, as Hulk has been drawn with various shades of green over the years, but as far as I know, he's always been drawn with toes. hulk.gif

I'm actually pretty happy to get various shades of Green for the different Hulks. Apart from being true to the art they are representing, it also makes for better diversity in my collection. Same goes for the yellows on Wolverine, Reds on IronMan, Blues on Cap etc...

It also makes it impossible to swap parts. A little diversity is okay but it would be nice to not have every Hulk be a different color.

I can forgive different colors on accessories and other parts but I prefer skin tones to be consistent. I like to be able to swap parts and since that's part of the Minimates play pattern, it seems consistency would be paramount to design and production.

The Hulk socks are bugging me but it's not a deal-breaker. Alternate feet with toes would have been great and would be a welcome pack-in with a future set if DST could slot them in there. ("Hulk Through the Ages 2?")

Anyone remember Mantra from the Ultraverse? Emma Frost makes for a nice base. Great, just what I need to do, start thinking about Ultraverse customs. rolleyes.gif

While I preferred the original Ultraverse to the Marvel Makeover I'd still love to get characters from both versions. Phoenix Prime, Sirin, Foxfire, Solitare, and Nightman being at the top of my list.

Unfortunately, we'll probably never see those characters again. The deal the creators signed with Malibu includes partial ownership of the characters, and Marvel has indicated they have no desire to honor those agreements. It's a shame, because there was some good material (and characters) there. The Ultraverse holds up a lot better then most of the other comics that came out from that period, including much of Marvel's output. There were some terribly named characters there, though, with Atom Bob and Electrocute being on my short list of worst superhero names.

Couple things:

1. Sauron looks pretty good. Unfortunately, that's the only one I'll be picking up. The rest is a pass for me.

2. I find it strange that they went with those feet for Hulk when they have the mold with toes that they could've used.

3. What's the deal with the red armor...the gold armor we got with Cyclops was supposed to be red? I vaguely remember people complaining about that but it never bothered me since I'm not really up to date with the current stuff.

It's weird, but this TRU wave is blowing the Comic Wave out of the water. I'm very impressed.

I think TRU 16 would've been a slam dunk if they included Now! Thor over Scarlet Witch, and Now! Cyclops over the Reaper.

I'm still just gonna drop how well received NOW! Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, and Dr. Strange would have been. Cyclops too to some extent. Not that 51 is...terrible, just lackluster to what could have been. Totally understandable, it's WAVE 51. Just...ya know.

On the flip side, red Cyke armor is such incredible fanservice and i'll thank DST till my dying day for actually managing to fix that.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face