UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the Emma & Colosus set and the Wolverine & Reaper set in Bloomington, IL this weekend.

I now hope to one day see the Phoenix Force Namor and Magick as they are just as much part of that set as Colosus and Emma are to the X-men.

I passed on the Captain America & Scarlet Witch and the Hulk & Iron Man as I have no real need for them. I may have to break down and buy a Namor off eBay and customize him.

Has anyone seen these in Mass?

Father O'Brian gave me a peep of his Wolverine set during Eucharist the other night at St.Joseph's .

Snikt!

good one.... :-)

Your making me think of Ray Donovan minimates

Man, this reeeeally sucks! I just had my little cousin read and LIKE AvX and wanted to get him the Iron Man/Hulk, Scarlet Witch/Cap, and Emma/Colossus sets for his bday in October (not to mention I want a set for myself!). Both my local TRU's have been completely useless in helping and one even said they might not get them at all!

tina-belcher-ugh.gif

My TRU got a case today… of Iron Man 3. Which makes total sense since they still have 3-4 stragglers hanging about from the last case back in June. Not to mention about 20-30 assorted packs of earlier series and 2 full pegs of the AVX box set. Plenty of Mirage, Magma, Rictor, Kingpin, Silver Surfer, Anihilus, Amazing Spidey's and others to go around. All at the whooping $6.99 "clearance" price.

Yes, I am being a grouch… FUTRU.gif

There are at least three or four cases of Wave 15 that have the pegs, (and clearance end cap), on lockdown at my TRU. I'm doubting that I'll see W16 without traveling to a different store.

The Marvel product had been moving really well up to this point. I think three cases of W15 were sold then my store did one of those close down and open a new store with a Babies R Us deals. Which is great as far as the store looks. But when TRU does that, it seems like they get a ton of whatever is current at the time the new store opens and have a hard time selling it through. Especially when most of the people that wanted those had already bought them.

My TRU got a case today… of Iron Man 3. Which makes total sense since they still have 3-4 stragglers hanging about from the last case back in June. Not to mention about 20-30 assorted packs of earlier series and 2 full pegs of the AVX box set. Plenty of Mirage, Magma, Rictor, Kingpin, Silver Surfer, Anihilus, Amazing Spidey's and others to go around. All at the whooping $6.99 "clearance" price.

Maybe if TRU decides to skip a fan poll box set, and maybe start sharing more sets with the LCBS waves, we can get back to equilibrium?

My store is the exact same way. Only they have "buy one get one 40% all ironman figures and playsets" on the ironman minimates with them at their regular price.