UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

So, we've got the line-up for Wave 16. I'm not 100% on the pairings, but I *think* they'll look something like this:

Marvel Now! Iron Man & Indestructible Hulk

Uncanny Avengers Scarlet Witch & Captain America

Phoenix Force 5 Emma Frost & Colossus

Savage Wolverine & Sauron/Reaper

Couple of questions aimed at any one who can answer them (it'll probably help if you have kick-ass mutton chops):

Will PF5 Emma & Colossus come with a red version of Cyclops' shoulder guard?

Is the flying Lizard man going to be Sauron or is he a generic Reaper henchman? I mean, he can stand in for either, but what will he be marked as on the packaging?

Pics

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see that we're getting P5 Emma Frost & Colossus. It'll be nice to have the three of them rather than just have Cyclops. Hope to see Magik and Namor out and about soon as well. I'm not too happy to get another Scarlet Witch so soon... I mean we just got a new one of her, I would have rather seen a modern version of Rogue instead...

I believe 51 and 16 will be out in Spring. Before Series 50, possibly.

I believe Emma and Piotr will come with a new Cyclops chest piece. Also, Hulk comes with that drone of his, Wanda has hex hands, Wolvie and Cap come with hair, Cap has a shield, IM has boot jets... Otherwise, it's not a particularly accessory-heavy wave.

We just did Rogue, as well, so two Scarlet Witches in quick succession vs. two Rogues is entirely a matter of preference.

Pretty sure we'll be calling Sauron "Sauron" in both places. I was not even aware of Reapers before now. As far as I know, Sauron no longer wears a loincloth, but we've made lots of them if you need one.

So basically Sauron is overreacting to his Weapon X days, when they had him in full battle armor with a helmet and everything?

And usually it wasn't a lion cloth, the was the tatters remnants of Lykos' pants. Gotta love pants in the 616, you can turn into the Hulk, a Werewolf, even grow a lizard tail, and the waist band and croth seam will remain intact. Even the zipper holds! Textile genius!

So basically Sauron is overreacting to his Weapon X days, when they had him in full battle armor with a helmet and everything?

And usually it wasn't a lion cloth, the was the tatters remnants of Lykos' pants. Gotta love pants in the 616, you can turn into the Hulk, a Werewolf, even grow a lizard tail, and the waist band and croth seam will remain intact. Even the zipper holds! Textile genius!

When I do a google image search for "Sauron X-Men" (you have to add X-Men, or you just get Lord of the Rings results) there seem to be a healthy mix of loincloth results and tattered pants results. Seems entirely dependent on the artist. I also think it might depend on whether Lykos factors heavily into the story. (Because in many stories he just begins and ends as Sauron, and they leave Lykos out of the picture, I assume to avoid over-complicating stories that really aren't heavily about him.)

In one he's even wearing a belted gun-holster, lol...

And just for the sake of noting it, there don't seem to be many nude ones, if any. I do see a few where he -might- be nude, but they're normally from odd flying angles where his lower section isn't clearly visible.

And as I said earlier in the thread, I would indeed transplant a Gollum loincloth onto my Sauron minimate, if indeed his tail weren't attached to his crotch-cap... making it impossible to have both without some hacking and gluing. (And I'm the type who isn't willing to hack and glue my toys, be they minimates or anything else.)

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about Sauron. He's been on my most wanted list since I started collecting. It's cool were finally getting one but I'm bummed he's not the iconic version. And he seems like the kind of character we're only gonna get once.

Come to think of it, for a character that looks so cool and toy-friendly, he's been surprisingly unrepresented in action figure form. I don't think he's ever had a Marvel Legend or Universe figure, pretty sure that ToBiz X-Men figure we got waaaaaaay back at the beginning of that line is the only representation he's ever had.

Edited by bigvis497

Following the same established formula I see - compliment the main specialty wave, and give us a bonus expand-on-a-previous-theme pack!

Thanks DST! I still love this strategy, and I love to see you guys flesh out our collections in this manner!

Agreed. Great strategy and gives us incentive to buy the box sets! (I have to admit I picked up the Fear Itself sets just 'cause the Hulk and Juggernaut in wave 15 were too cool to pass up)

Someone on eBay is smart, they are offering up the Heralds of Galactus Boxset with the Firelord/Air-Walker set, and the Fear Itself Worthy Boxset with Juggernaut.

It would be a lot smarter for anybody wanting the 'Heralds' & Firelord/AW' sets to order them right now from TRU.com for $2.50 less than that auction's starting price .

Man... I was hoping to see the Fear Itself The Worthy Villians completed in a TRU wave. Attuma, Absorbing Man, and Titiana would be a dream.

Maybe another 4 pack with an "Old man Serpent" as the 4th figure in the future...

Now that's a cool idea. Personally I would much rather have seen the worthy completed rather than having some of those and some of the PF5. This way we seem to have lots of partially completed teams, but hey, I guess the other way of looking at it is that at least everyone gets something they want this way...

Think we're going to change "Sauron" to "Reaper," since these guys have no pants and he's shared between both series, making him KIND of an army-builder. Not sure we'll sell more or less of him that way, but hey.

Also, it's "Titania." Not "Titiana." The latter reminds me of an old SNL sketch involving Dan Ackroyd as an uncouth art expert.

Think we're going to change "Sauron" to "Reaper," since these guys have no pants and he's shared between both series, making him KIND of an army-builder. Not sure we'll sell more or less of him that way, but hey.

Also, it's "Titania." Not "Titiana." The latter reminds me of an old SNL sketch involving Dan Ackroyd as an uncouth art expert.

Just curious, but isn't it a bit late in the game to change the packaging now? You did say earlier you expect these to ship in spring, likely before wave 50.