UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found wave 17 today and I'm one of the many whose store skipped over these. Which is odd because that's never happened before and other than movie stuff, minimates aren't exactly clogging the shelves here.

So, you guys who couldn't find these, what are you doing? I would feel like a real tool if I paid a cent over retail for a wave that doesn't really do anything for me...

Not buying them. It's weird, because I did go to TRU several times looking for them, even though there's no one in the wave I'm really dying for. I can imagine myself finally seeing them and not buying a singe one. If I really wanted them, I would have just bought them from the website.

Speaking of not buying them... I bought them tonight. For anyone in eastern PA, I found these at the TRU in Allentown. For what it's worth, they looked to have a full case, and they seemingly had received 17, but only one pack from that wave was left.

Bought Cap/Wanda and Iron Man/Hulk. I really like the black and yellow Iron Man; he's a really sharp figure. The others... well... none really stand out. Hulk is okay, but the boot feet are quite weird, and really do detract from the figure. Cap's helmet is really well done, but I just am not a fan of any updated Captain America costume (shield is nice and shiny, though). Wanda is fine, I guess, except that I don't care much for the skirt piece. So... they are what they are. Meh.

Have yet to find this wave anywhere in Northeast Ohio or Akron. Just found TRU wave 17, so maybe this passed us by? Really wanted that Scarlet Witch, but I'll settle for Robot Hulk and Rescue I guess.

Akron? There's a cottage camp outside of Akron in a grove of maple trees... cool, green... beautiful. I'd go there with a woman. A strange woman. A quiet woman.

If you know where that quote is from props to you sir.

Is there any official explanation as to why so many TRU's never got these?

Not on my end.

I think Lobby's supposition that it's a distribution problem is correct. It seems like my local TRUs got in more cases of 15 right around the time 16 was supposed to be hitting pegs. And the fact that many of those stores that haven't seen 16 did get 17 leads me to believe it's not a "we have too many Marvel Minimates" problem as much as it is a "we think we already have these out" problem.

i just got my TRU 16 set. love Phoenix 5 Emma Frost & Colossus. I hope Chuck changes his mind and make Phoenix 5 Magik & Namor.

But the eyes on the helmet of my Iron man is waaayyyyyy off the center. anyone else had this problem?

I didnt want to wait so i made these(excuse the bad quality cell phone pic)

20131130_121057_resized_zps8ea4e9b1.jpg

I went to one of the TRUs near me that is a bit off the beaten path, figuring it would not be terribly crowded being the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I was right, but there was nothing much in the way on Minimates. Wolverine Movie series showed up, but the EXs were gone. Loads of IM3 Minimates still left and a few Walking Dead 3 left. All else gone or not ever stocked. I don't think my area will even get 16 at this point.

I've never realized we had a "F--- TRU" emoticon. That's absolutely fantastic.

... and when is TRU 18 due anyway? I know convention photo's said November and that's obviously not accurate. Maybe January? Hopefully before February? Sadly it'll be March?

Edited by Mystery Man