UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two TRUs both got plenty Wave 15. None are left after at least 4 restocks. No sign of any Wave 16 yet in either location.

One other thing one of my TRUs has done is to move ALL Minimates to the collectors aisle. The aisle with the video game and more adult collector focus. The Marvel Minimates are no longer with the Marvel stuff.

My two TRUs both got plenty Wave 15. None are left after at least 4 restocks. No sign of any Wave 16 yet in either location.

One other thing one of my TRUs has done is to move ALL Minimates to the collectors aisle. The aisle with the video game and more adult collector focus. The Marvel Minimates are no longer with the Marvel stuff.

I noticed my store did the same thing except for the AVX box set with the Scarlet Witch. Those were the only mates in the comic/marvel aisle.

No Wave 16. No Tomb Raider. Looks like they got a huge shipment of Street Fighter v. Tekken though.

One of my local TRUs finally finished their reset and they now have a full peg of Spider-Sense Spidey/ FA Punisher. That store is never going to see wave 16.

My local store ALSO got a sold case of Spidey/Punishers (the other store is full of wave 15’s) is this a case DST is making or is TRU.com sending them to stores like they do sometimes with discount stock with a “you deal with” mentality?

Question: For the people that haven't found Wave 16 in-store, did your stores stock Wave 15?

Very few of the SE Michigan/NW Ohio stores ever got Wave 15 in-store, but Wave 16 was plentiful on release. Just wondering if that correlates at all.

I t think both stores in Memphis got wave 15. One store currently has a few of those plus a glut of wave 12. The other store sold through whatever they had and now doesn't have a single comic Marvel 2 pack in the store. It's got a few MvC sets and a few movie sets, but no comic two packs. Edited by Turtle

Since they're available online (and I ordered enough other items to qualify for free shipping), I just ordered them online. I'm done spending the money on fuel. I hope they sell well when/if they ever get to my stores.

Thanks for the heads up, Prowlar! :thanks:

You're welcome. Since I don't have a local TRU I have check several times a day just hoping to be quick enough to pick up the exclusives when they're available.

Also, strangely, a restock on the TRU Iron Man III wave.

I found a huge and absurd restock of the Hasbro Iron Man 2 figures at TRU over the weekend. Mostly the MK IVs that pegwarmed for the longest time. It was a crazy amount of them, too; a block of like 20 pegs, set up as you might see a brand-new movie release. Yikes.

What's the deal with these and TRU in general? Why are they so hard to find? I'm in Queens NY and have never had so much trouble finding a wave before, not even close. Found Wolvie/ Sauron and IM/Hulk sets in Times Square but my local TRU just got a brand new shipment of the FF wave? Why? I hope they don't linger here, if they do I hope they know why.

Also there were some IM 3 sets and a First Class Emma/Havoc that's been there since I started collecting.

A lone Real Ghostbusters 2-pack just showed up at my TRU and I'd never seen these at retail either. Between that and the sudden influx of Street Fighter X Tekken 'mates, I'm thinking someone at the distribution warehouse is finding cases that were "lost" and are finally getting them to stores.

This might be great in terms of uncovering buried treasures (Battle Beasts exclusives, please!) but I don't see how it'll help distribution of newer series, especially ones with more sensitive timelines. (The Wolverine, I'm looking at you!)

I am glad I am not the only on MPL. Unless a new TRU wave gets released, I only happen into a TRU when its time to buy a birthday gift for a friend or relative. I cleaned out one of my TRUs of all their remaining HALO stuff a few weeks back and last Sunday they suddenly have a restock of the HALO Warthog 3 figure sets (at full retail). Where did these things come from?

My local TRU also got the Warthog sets, about a week ago. I thought it was a fluke stockroom find.

Mine too. They were on clearance just this past spring.

If only things like Heralds of Galactus, Mr Negative/Fantomex, Cap TTA got released from the stockroom archives.