UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

If Target carried them, at least their clearance sales would be a bit more realistic for moving product off shelves. Honestly, if any other company picked up Minimates, I'd prefer it were Target.

Also, it'd be even better to have exclusive waves at TRU, another at Target, and more at specialty! I'd imagine we'd get more characters we'd never get otherwise (Phoneix-5 Magik and Namor, perhaps?)

There are more Targets than TRUs. I would imagine the production numbers would be around the same, only then spread over more stores, leading it to look like less were produced. And who knows, maybe they'd increase the production numbers? But if TRU would clearance out things like the Boomer & Rictor packs for $1.24 or $2.24 like Target would, I'd clear out every TRU in Los Angeles!

I don't want to lose TRU as an exclusive partner. But I'd love to add Target, and I don't think it'd be as bad as everyone thinks. Plus, with more store traffic, it could bring in a huge wave of new fans!

Exactly. I never said stop selling them at TRU, but there's no way it could hurt to have them available at more stores. There are about six Wal-Marts and three Targets near me. I'd like to have more of a chance of finding these than to rely on the one TRU in my area that is unreliable when it comes to stocking these, to say the least. Let's not even discuss the unreliability of TRU online.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it would be great to have minimates at Target again. It would also be great to have them delivered directly to your home via unicorn. Neither of those is likely to happen in the near future. It's not like DST is keeping minimates away from other retailers to keep TRU happy.

Sure, it would be great to have minimates at Target again. It would also be great to have them delivered directly to your home via unicorn. Neither of those is likely to happen in the near future.

Give me a full stable, some spare ivory tusks or rhinoceri horn, and some duct tape and I'll see if I can't change that...

I don't think I've ever bought a pack of Minimates in a 'real' shop store ......just saying.

Despite my love of Minimates , my 'completism' & my occasional greed ..........there are some Minimate sets that I honestly think should never have seen the light of day .....a tiny few but too many & whatever price you clear them at it wouldn't be cheap enough. Sorry!

Not the most optimistic of threads but I have to say that it is some time since I've seen a Phoenix spelled in such a spectacular fashion huh.png ..........

.............only mentioned because I too struggle remembering whether its 'OE' or 'EO' but that's a beauty.thumbsup.gif

Where the bloody hell are these BTW dry.png

Sure, it would be great to have minimates at Target again. It would also be great to have them delivered directly to your home via unicorn. Neither of those is likely to happen in the near future.

Give me a full stable, some spare ivory tusks or rhinoceri horn, and some duct tape and I'll see if I can't change that...

:lol:

I don't think I've ever bought a pack of Minimates in a 'real' shop store ......just saying.

Despite my love of Minimates , my 'completism' & my occasional greed ..........there are some Minimate sets that I honestly think should never have seen the light of day .....a tiny few but too many & whatever price you clear them at it wouldn't be cheap enough. Sorry!

Not the most optimistic of threads but I have to say that it is some time since I've seen a Phoenix spelled in such a spectacular fashion huh.png ..........

.............only mentioned because I too struggle remembering whether its 'OE' or 'EO' but that's a beauty.thumbsup.gif

Where the bloody hell are these BTW dry.png

It's called a typo. I'm well aware of how to spell phoenix. Sorri if speling typos git ur pnties in a bunc.

If Target carried them, at least their clearance sales would be a bit more realistic for moving product off shelves. Honestly, if any other company picked up Minimates, I'd prefer it were Target.

There are more Targets than TRUs. I would imagine the production numbers would be around the same, only then spread over more stores, leading it to look like less were produced. And who knows, maybe they'd increase the production numbers? But if TRU would clearance out things like the Boomer & Rictor packs for $1.24 or $2.24 like Target would, I'd clear out every TRU in Los Angeles!

I don't want to lose TRU as an exclusive partner. But I'd love to add Target, and I don't think it'd be as bad as everyone thinks. Plus, with more store traffic, it could bring in a huge wave of new fans!

I first got into collecting Minimates by picking up a Wolverine/Colossus 2-pack at Target that was clearanced down to something like $1.08. I would definitely buy up a lot more of those now at that price to use them as spare parts and to help them get rid of stuff. TRU's clearance price of $6.99 or even $5.49 is a little steep for that.

I first got into collecting Minimates by picking up a Wolverine/Colossus 2-pack at Target that was clearanced down to something like $1.08. I would definitely buy up a lot more of those now at that price to use them as spare parts and to help them get rid of stuff. TRU's clearance price of $6.99 or even $5.49 is a little steep for that.

I think the biggest problem with TRU's clearances is the inconsistencies from store to store. I literally have two TRU's within 3 miles of each other: the one had a Universal Monsters set at clearance for $1.24 and a Marvel vs. Capcom Wesker/Doom for $3 and some change. The other had those same packs at around $3 and $8.49 respectively.

Inconsistency, though, seems to be a theme across the board. Clearance/Sales being coordinated would take a back seat to even product dispersement, IMO

The only argument I could make for Wal-Mart getting these is the possibility of a 24 hour Minimate toy run. Because sometimes you just want to buy Minimates at 3 in the morning.

I couldn't make a single good argument for Wal Mart. I used to love WM until I moved to Los Angeles. WM's here are the nastiest, most unpleasant places to shop outside of dollar stores. If I need to buy minimates at 3am, I just go online. And with WM, you can pretty much guarantee that if WM had exclusives, not every store would get them (the majority of their stores, most likely!)

Target would be a GREAT place to try to get that TRU wave of Thor 2 Movie minimates sold to! (hint, hint DST!)

The only argument I could make for Wal-Mart getting these is the possibility of a 24 hour Minimate toy run. Because sometimes you just want to buy Minimates at 3 in the morning.

Lol, so true. I've got some fond memories of late night Marvel Legends binging. They used to stock shelves at night too so you could usually find some cool stuff!

I've definitely ordered online at all hours of the night. But there is just something fun about the late night toy run. And the immediate gratification would be a nice counterpoint to the 3-7 day wait for shipping every now and then. With all of that being said, I would agree that WM runs would probably end up with nothing more times than not. But I've made many more useless runs to TRU than to WM when looking for lines that are sold in both stores in the past. At least with WM you can grab a gallon of milk or whatever else you need and feel like the time and effort were somewhat justified.

My TRU had one set left of the Phoenix Five Emma Frost and Colussus and tons of Wolverine and Reeper today. I got hte last Phoenix two pack and I picked up a Scarlet Witch and Captain America today along with the AvX Phoenix Killer box set. I am looking to customize the Phoenix Five Namor and Magik, unless someone tells me we will be getting them for sure, I will hold off on making them for a while yet.

I have not seen much action at my TRU with the sales in Star Trek Minimates, seam to be peg warmers which I was hoping would not be the case as I want more Star Trek minimates.

The Mortal Kombat vs. Tekken sets seem to also be peg warmers at my TRU as is Halo. There are still a few Spiderman Movie mates and one set of Ironman3 mates still on the pegs as well.

My TRU never got Battle Beasts minimates and only got one shipment of the Walking Dead Wave 1. I also never saw Knight Rider or Munster minimates at my TRU.

These are interesting times in collecting minimates. I wish we had a LCS that sold minimates, but the one in town stopped ordering minimates when the DC minimates got cancelled.

Wow Captain Paco, your TRU sucks! I hope you managed to get KITT & The Munsters Coach online because they are really pretty sweet!

It's nice to be in LA and have a better selection, but with that comes far more competition with more collectors and the scalper scum.That said, I still have yet to see wave 16.

I honestly can't recall the last time a TRU wave pegwarmed before the last two years starting around XMFC. Perhaps TRU had increased their order numbers? Even TWD is starting to seriously pegwarm (not the exclusives though).

We're about to see a huge influx of Minimates at TRU (prepping for the holiday shopping season?) between TWD, Wolverine, Tomb Raider, and Marvel.

I don't want to cry doom and gloom just yet, but the model is definitely changing. I like to think TRU's backing out on Thor 2 had more to do with overall Thor sales from the first movie, not just Minimates. That Hasbro stuff lingered far longer. But now we lost another box set, and soon we'll be sharing more packs with LCBS. Change is inevitable, but these changes aren't making me comfortable. I hope we're not approaching another "dark age".

My hope is that TRU is just waiting to clear inventory and start fresh. I really hope they carry the Aliens line. With promise of Aliens vehicles, it'd be great to get that SKU back into TRU.

Still waiting patiently for these to show up in my area.

I keep reminding myself that the first U.S. sighting was on the 3rd, only ten days ago, and that it takes about a month before my stores get inventory. Of course having a coupon that expires at the end of the month isn't helping any.

Nothing at any of my stores, either. I usually see them here the week after they start showing up on the East Coast, so at this point I guess it's "we'll get them when we get them."

PL, if it makes you feel any better, I've had two coupons expire and had to burn off $80 in rewards dollars that would have also expired since these were first expected out in June... verymad.gif

I have an extra set of these, if anyone needs them. My TRU has stocked 3 cases so far. The first was stocked in a separate aisle from the rest of the Marvel Minimates. They were in the collector aisle, by TWD figures :shrug:

The next two cases were stocked together and put on various pegs with the majority of the other Minimates, none on the appropriate labeled peg.

An Urban Yukio would go far with these if you have interest! ;)

EDIT: 16 is gone.

Edited by Onyx_6

I have an extra set of these, if anyone needs them. My TRU has stocked 3 cases so far. The first was stocked in a separate aisle from the rest of the Marvel Minimates. They were in the collector aisle, by TWD figures :shrug:

The next two cases were stocked together and put on various pegs with the majority of the other Minimates, none on the appropriate labeled peg.

An Urban Yukio would go far with these if you have interest! wink.png

I am so in.