UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're deliberately holding this series back until my $5 coupon expires Thursday.

Yep, its is definitely a conspiracy...

Good timing for me. I just finished AvX.

I never liked Cyclops and now I dislike him even more.

They're deliberately holding this series back until my $5 coupon expires Thursday.

Yep, its is definitely a conspiracy...

Good timing for me. I just finished AvX.

I never liked Cyclops and now I dislike him even more.

Shane I gotta say I am happy to hear someone else who doesn't and hasn't liked Cyclops!

I have to say it is kinda neat to see this TRU stuff from the other side for a change...this is how we feel to pretty much all other TRU waves as we have to find people to help us get them or play the roulette that can be the TRU website(they messed up my last order so badly AND I still havent gotten my money back)

Jeff of the Miniacs

I don't want to freak out over nothing, but in my past experience with Hasbro products at least, Canada seeing something first is almost never a good sign for US distribution. The fact that this wave shares an item number with the previous two, which are on clearance, makes me wonder if TRU had intended to release wave 16 in June, but stores were still sitting on so much backstock of 14 and 15 that they decided to just reset with wave 17 in the fall and dump wave 16.

I will happily lay my paranoid theories to rest when someone spots these US-side tomorrow.

ToysRUs.com currently has a 15% off your entire purchase coupon (either in store or online) also. That expires on the 17th.

I don't want to freak out over nothing, but in my past experience with Hasbro products at least, Canada seeing something first is almost never a good sign for US distribution. The fact that this wave shares an item number with the previous two, which are on clearance, makes me wonder if TRU had intended to release wave 16 in June, but stores were still sitting on so much backstock of 14 and 15 that they decided to just reset with wave 17 in the fall and dump wave 16.

I will happily lay my paranoid theories to rest when someone spots these US-side tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm right there with you Lobby. My local store checked their stockroom for me this this week, and brought out full cases of both Wave 13 and Wave 14. Keep in mind, that store never got any Wave 15, so with that full case of 14, and the 8 Iron Man/Rhino packs on the hanger, I have zero hope of seeing this locally.

Next week will be 3 full months since Zach posted the packaged shots on ArtAsylum.com on 5/21.

When in lived in STL I never saw either of those waves. It sucks that I couldn't get something locally when other TRU had extras in the back. But now that I'm in California I'm sure I'll be seeing a ton of them.

I feel kind of bad now. I'd like to help out a bunch of you, but the problem with Canadian TRUs (in my experience) they always only ever get one case, of whichever minimate series, and after it's gone they never re-order. The only item they ever order in excess is the TRU fan-poll boxed set. BTW, the clearance price no longer applies to this wave and the have all gone back to $7.99. As of last check, My second TRU only had 2 Wolverine / Reapers and no other sets. The original TRU I made my initial discovery at has none left.

Here is another Canadian TRU score...please note that I am just the middle man on these as I am often sent forth to get stuff for friends and kids that collect them but don't have the ability to get to the stores for themselves, I am not hoarding these or anything like that lol!

Jeff of the Miniacs

post-11-0-20580700-1376435940_thumb.jpg

ToysRUs.com currently has a 15% off your entire purchase coupon (either in store or online) also. That expires on the 17th.

I got that coupon also. However, I bet these show up at TRU the week after the coupon expires. This seems to happen every time I get a coupon from them.

I was able to find all 4 packs of Wave 16 in a TRU store in Vancouver, Canada. Refreshing change for it to be distributed in Canada first before hitting the US stores. Previously it would usually take at least 2 months before hitting Canada.

I had always thought it should hit Canada first if they were being shipped from China. Logically the first shipment should hit Vancouver before hitting Seattle, Los Angeles or some other US port. Hopefully this trend will continue in the future.

So it's official, Toys R Us hates America.

maybe they love us and are protecting us from our selves:

-Cap and Wanda are boring (when modern Rogue is on a team, make Modern Rogue! all others are worthless.)

-Hulk has no toes meaning a toed version in the future could happen (that’s not what they meant when they said “make toed!”)

-Iron Man’s eyes look funny, get the Bones Armor instead.

-We’re not getting Magik and Namor so Piotr and Emma will just be reminders of another incomplete team (Cyclops can stand alone)

-You get Reaper with Shanna, you get Wolverine every other set.

-Not having 16 stinking up our shelves means we can get Wave 17 sooner which has all sorts of goodies like a new Black Widow, Mecha Hulk, and a clear blue human torch (yeah, call him Electro all you want, he’s wearing a Blue Ghost Rider’s flame and being “Blue Human Torch” for me) it’s like TRU ‘Merica is saying “no need to eat your brusselsprouts kids, let’s go straight to ice cream!"

(that said, I would buy all of this wave in a heartbeat if I saw them, except Cap and Wanda, I’m just justify in my head why it’s okay if this wave never appears outside Canada)