UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, now I'm confused.

I called earlier in the week with the item number MYTE gave us (046482), and that showed up in the store's computer as a cell phone or something. I gave the guy the SKU number for the Wolvie pack (699788726488) and he said it was associated with the item number for the last two waves (823898). I called in with that item number today, and the guy (a different one) said the computer showed that item number was discontinued and they wouldn't be receiving any more.

Has anyone else had any luck getting good information out of TRU har har har I know that's an oxymoron on this?

Only ever had 1 person give me tangible info at a TRU. Nice girl as customer service at the one down the road, told me where they were currently in the houston area, and a rough estimate of when they would arrive there. Sure enough, she was right (off by a day or 2 early).

Othertimes, people are dismissive or more eager to help people with returns or something.

As a Customer Service rep, its kinda hard to not get mad when you do a better job than these people every single day. lol I just wanna ask them to use their computer cause I can do what they do without wasting either of our time.

fwooshey - each individual Toys R Us does not order for their store. Instead, replenishment is determined by the computer system and sent straight from the warehouse. End result? If your store is sitting on a pile of old Minimates that use the same SKU as this wave, you're probably not going to find these figs

lobster - remember something: the people you're talking to at TRU are, as far as the company is concerned, there to serve "mom." However much money you think you spend at Toys R Us, I guarantee you "mom" spends more. If you're lucky enough to shop at a store where some collectors work, you'll get far better service. But you'll also run the risk of whatever you're looking for already being sold out because we grabbed it when it came off the truck. Tis truly a double edged sword.

Isn't the last item number on clearance? Does this mean that when these show up, they'll be 6.98?

I find myself of two minds about this wave. I'm looking for it, because it's a new wave of Minimates, but there isn't anyone that I actually want out of this wave, save Sauron, and I'll just get him with Shanna. Maybe I'll feel differently when the books actually reach trades (not hardcovers, trades!) and I read them, but for now they're just new versions of characters I've got a bunch of already.

thanks for the pics! :D these look great, im so relieved that Cap comes with two normal gloves, and that Colossus has details under his phoenix armor, now I can use him for my Outback Colossus :D

thanks for the pics! biggrin.png these look great, im so relieved that Cap comes with two normal gloves, and that Colossus has details under his phoenix armor, now I can use him for my Outback Colossus biggrin.png

Colossus also comes with a chest block riser that I did not photograph.

This wave looks great but ill probably skip out on this unless im at TRU with my son and he wants some (which he probably will). I really do want a Reaper but ill wait for the LCS Wave and get Shanna instead. I already have a dozen Wolverines, although the new one does look sharp.