UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Alpha Flight was done very well, 2 box sets and a part of a random assortment wave. Same goes for Outback, 1 wave with an extra showing in a TRU wave. So it would be nice to get one wave devoted to completing teams.

Phoenix Magik and Namor, FC Beast and Danger (to complete the Utopia X-men), and some others I can't think of, lol.

There is something to that though. I am not excited about Emma and Piotr because to be frank I like the costumes of Magik and Namor more. I would love an X-Men wave to finish off teams: Namor/Magik (with Namor having accessories to put him in his X-Men costume); Sunfire & Banshee, FC Beast/X-Factor Angel Varient & Danger. That finishes off three teams there with P5, Extinition, and Giant Sized line ups complete. Banshee and Sunfire's completion actually gives a complete line up from Uncanny 94 - Uncanny 138. Add Kitty (Sprite) and Lorna in her crazy purple costume and we make it up to 171when Rogue joined and Carol left.

If you were a retailer, would you actually risk your own money on that wave? Each individual pack might make sense as part of a TRU wave (though I'd question the wisdom of releasing a set to go with a box set from 2004) but putting them all together sounds suicidal.

Yeah. Alpha Flight was done very well, 2 box sets and a part of a random assortment wave. Same goes for Outback, 1 wave with an extra showing in a TRU wave. So it would be nice to get one wave devoted to completing teams.

Phoenix Magik and Namor, FC Beast and Danger (to complete the Utopia X-men), and some others I can't think of, lol.

There is something to that though. I am not excited about Emma and Piotr because to be frank I like the costumes of Magik and Namor more. I would love an X-Men wave to finish off teams: Namor/Magik (with Namor having accessories to put him in his X-Men costume); Sunfire & Banshee, FC Beast/X-Factor Angel Varient & Danger. That finishes off three teams there with P5, Extinition, and Giant Sized line ups complete. Banshee and Sunfire's completion actually gives a complete line up from Uncanny 94 - Uncanny 138. Add Kitty (Sprite) and Lorna in her crazy purple costume and we make it up to 171when Rogue joined and Carol left.

I would buy all the cases of this wave.

All of them...

...ever.

FOUND THEM!!! buttrock.gif

Well, I found half of them. Took a trip to one of the local TRUs here in Ottawa, Ontario based off of a tip from a fellow Canadian (Thanks Pickle). On the pegs were 2 IM / Hulk sets and 3 Wolverine / Reaper sets. SW / CA and the P5 Colossus / P5 Emma Frost were cleaned out. Also got them for at the discounted sales price the other mates were marked down to ($5.95). This is quite the milestone for me as TRU exclusive minimates tend to show up south of the border first and then make there way up here a month / 2 months later.

I took the liberty of snapping some pics for y'all. Enjoy!

ypi9.jpg

ozqq.jpg

m7ca.jpg

xeka.jpg

y00p.jpg

l86r.jpg

NOTE: Reaper and Wolverine do not come with the bases in the last pic. Iron Man is the only one who comes with a flightbase. Hulk's droid pegs into its respective stand.

Any questions?

I just tried to do a quick bit of research and can't find out who is this reaper character? I assumed it was Sauron but the only marvel reaper I can find any info on was a Leifeild character from back in the day. Oh well he will be sauron in my collection anyway.

Or how about the 6 digit TRU item number, please? It should show up when you price scan the pack at the store.

Congrats!

Myte-- wow, congrats on scooping all of us stateside! smile.png

I think those bar code numbers have one more number at the beginning and end; they're usually 12 digits. I'm pretty sure there's a 6 at the beginning. Can you check and see what the last number is?

699788726488 Wolverine/Reaper

699788726495 Hulk/Iron Man

Or how about the 6 digit TRU item number, please? It should show up when you price scan the pack at the store.

Congrats!

The only six digit number that turns up on my receipt is 046482. Not sure if these numbers are the same between Canadian TRUs and American ones. Hope it helps.