UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[clink]

I agree it's not classic. But I still subscribe to the Stan Lee theory of comics - every comic is *somebody's* first comic.

I like that this hobby keeps bringing in fresh blood. Whatever is good for sales is pretty much okay with me. Personally I'm tired of the constant A-lister refreshes, but I know it's what's best for the line overall. I'm sure there are some fans who really want them just as bad as I want things from my wishlist.

But I wouldn't count the delay as lack of interest, we've seen such delays on plenty of other storylines. I think that's just part of the manufacturing process.

And, as I said, there a ton of other sets I'd want first :) It's just the completionist in me that grumbles at any incomplete roster!

I don't really give a sh!t about the Phoenix Five, but I do agree with the basic idea that, if you're going to start a team, just complete the goddamn team. Especially if it's a team of five, and you've made three, and you release figures in two- packs.

I just wish we'd get beast from the First Class set.

I found that a Cyclops or Angel body from this set with new head, X-Factor Beast's mask, duck feet, and hands works perfectly to fill this void. I even used X-Factor Beast's legs painted black (except for shins) to give him a more accurate look. Since he never really looked overly muscular/beefy in this particular series, I don't mind that he doesn't have a bulked-up chest piece, at all.

[/clink]

Edited by emperorshotz

First off, Where is this wave at? Show yourself! smile.png I expect them to pop up any day now, and I'm sure they're at least on the boat to the US by now, right?

Second, it's kinda interesting the lack of interest that the Phoenix 5 members are getting. Yes, a lot of members want them, but it seems almost equal between the want / don't want crowds. I guess that's why the DST Q&A today mentioned not the expect the last 2 to get made anytime soon. Which is a bit sad. I hate unfinished teams, but there's a ton of stuff I still want first. But the hard part is that the further we get away from their storyline's release, the less likely we'll ever see them done. I'd certainly take them over another Wolvie variant.

It just sucks to be a single 2-pack away from completing a team or theme, and we have a bunch of those near-completes already.

There are so many teams in that position too which drives me nuts. Only a few have been completed.

Its the First Class comic one, since we got a 4 pack a while back. Its like X-Factor or FA Angel, needs one single minimate to finish the look.

At least with X-Factor we can use Archangel with the team but still that red x costume haunts me.

isn't this the same issue with X-Force Nightcrawler? Sorry, not that familiar with X-Force, but I've seen a lot of collectors custom an X-Force Nightcrawler because he's the only 1 missing from the team.

maybe we can ask Zach why DST's having a hard time completing some team. does low sales of the previously released members of the team affect it somehow?

[/clink]

^Deathlok.

I agree and apply monkeycrumb's rant to at least the basic members of the team. For Uncanny X-Force, we have it complete with the 4-pack boxset and TRU Fantomex.

But for Phoenix 5, yup, it sucks to know they won't ever be completed. And the team name is Phoenix 5...kinda awkward to just have 3 of them...

It depends on which line-up of X-Force we're talking about. Before we were missing AoA Nightcrawler, we were missing Wolfsbane, Elixir, Domino & Vanisher.

EDIT: I guess if you're saying 'Uncanny' X-Force, then we have the full starting line-up, but are indeed missing Nightcrawler & Deathlock from the later incarnation.

RE-EDIT: And also E.V.A. technically (she kinda became her own character.

RE-RE-EDIT: And the Cluster-f*ck ( ;) ) of characters that are in the new line-up

Edited by Nessex

I can deal with the lack of complete Minimate teams... there's still time for some and for others, the time has rightly passed.

Although... when a team is so close to completion, it is a great shame. (FC Beast)

Makes me question future purchases of partial teams.

Yeah. Alpha Flight was done very well, 2 box sets and a part of a random assortment wave. Same goes for Outback, 1 wave with an extra showing in a TRU wave. So it would be nice to get one wave devoted to completing teams.

Phoenix Magik and Namor, FC Beast and Danger (to complete the Utopia X-men), and some others I can't think of, lol.

Yeah. Alpha Flight was done very well, 2 box sets and a part of a random assortment wave. Same goes for Outback, 1 wave with an extra showing in a TRU wave. So it would be nice to get one wave devoted to completing teams.

Phoenix Magik and Namor, FC Beast and Danger (to complete the Utopia X-men), and some others I can't think of, lol.

Maybe the last couple of worthy? And most of the West Coast Avengers! Still at least we are getting songbird any week now to complete the osbourne thunderbolts team - that was a real bonus I didn't see happening at one point.

Maybe the last couple of worthy? And most of the West Coast Avengers! Still at least we are getting songbird any week now to complete the osbourne thunderbolts team - that was a real bonus I didn't see happening at one point.

She had to be mass voted in, I hope we get another full wave vote again. Loved that lol. And if you have to say most, might as well make a new WCA wave lol.