UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

It's weird, but this TRU wave is blowing the Comic Wave out of the water. I'm very impressed.

I think TRU 16 would've been a slam dunk if they included Now! Thor over Scarlet Witch, and Now! Cyclops over the Reaper.

I agree!!!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird, but this TRU wave is blowing the Comic Wave out of the water. I'm very impressed.

I think TRU 16 would've been a slam dunk if they included Now! Thor over Scarlet Witch, and Now! Cyclops over the Reaper.

Nah. Now! Thor over Wolverine, Now! Cyclops over Reaper. Cause Now! Wanda is amazing.

Nah. Now! Thor over Wolverine, Now! Cyclops over Reaper. Cause Now! Wanda is amazing.

yeah she's pretty good I guess. I hope we do get Thor and Cyclops eventually. Maybe even Colossus and a few others.

I think the reaction to Marvel Now Wanda is that there was a "classic" Wanda in the last AvX set. Wanda overload so to speak. If they go the route of a Marvel Now Cyke I would prefer it to be in an Uncanny X-Men boxset with Now Emma, Magneto, and Magik.

I do think you should always make a Cap, Iron Man, and Thor to go together whenever they have a theme though.

Interesting. It's the other way round for me - much prefer the new, more obscure characters included in wave 51. I found the character selection in 16 pretty disappointing. When there are a lot of different heroes in the limelight it seemed a shame to go back to so many we have plenty of already. That said, I do like the iron man and wanda.

I'm hoping the fan poll set is Marvel Now. After reading a lot of the books, I find it mostly likeable and the costume designs are pretty unique without being over the top.

Same here. It would make sense as a TRU set because 1) it's current events, like the AvX set last year, and 2) you can get in a couple big names like Thor and IM (who also have movies this year) and a couple 2nd-tier fan favorites. I think it could be a great set, but I understand it could be disappointing to folks looking for a set focused on long-requested unmade characters like the Brotherhood.

I'm hoping its more of a fan oriented poll, like The Brotherhood. I believe Zach said before that TRU isn't as picky about character selection, it would be a shame to waste that.

I'm still convinced The Brotherhood are in the plans for something, the fact that not a single one of them was in the Wave 50 polls is awfully conspicuous.

Edited by Valo487

Marvel NOW! Avengers (Box 1):

Thor

Captain Marvel

Hawkeye

Hyperion (can sub Sunfire or Havok but the next box set might mean you're then too mutant heavy)

Marvel NOW! Uncanny X-Men (Box 2):

Cyclops

Magik

Emma

Magneto

THUMBS UP!

THIS. But I want Thor to have his own set.

Thor

Thor

Thor

And Gorr

I'm hoping its more of a fan oriented poll, like The Brotherhood. I believe Zach said before that TRU isn't as picky about character selection, it would be a shame to waste that.

I agree that they aren't picky about character selection, but they probably aren't too happy with all of the Heralds sets they still have a year later. I would think Marvel Now versions of popular characters would outsell BEM any day of the week. And along those lines, I don't expect this wave to be peg warmers either.

Stores, no.

Ebay, yes.

One full set of TRU 16 was sold on eBay last week, shipping from Timonium, MD.

Thanks YB,

So most likely one leaked set from DST as they are in Timonium, MD.

T.

I smell Snowden.

Interesting... Putting sculpted toes on the bigger Hulk feet (starting back with Wave 41 Hulk IIRC) sort of "broke" with the cleaner, non-sculpted foot aesthetic of the standard base body, but became the norm for bulked-up barefoot characters (mainly Hulk) since then. Is this an intentional shift back to the non-sculpted foot for bigger characters going forward, or a one-off for this particular iteration? Or, does it just depend on the designer's mood the day the control art is getting made?

I'm curious about whether there's a design standard being established for limbs on bulked-up characters, or if it's always going to vary from character to character, and not necessarily in a consistent or predictable way. On non-bulked bodies, uniquely-sculpted hands and feet are the exception, not the rule, but it seems to be the reverse for the bulked-up characters. Obviously the larger hand and foot caps are going to be sculpted, I'm just wondering if the aim is generally to have them sculpted in the same way (toes vs no toes; fingers vs fist).

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a concern for consistency, as with Hulk's color of green. Not that a lack of consistency is a bad thing, as Hulk has been drawn with various shades of green over the years, but as far as I know, he's always been drawn with toes. hulk.gif

I wouldn't say he's always been drawn with toes.

heroes%20hulk%20dale%20K%20Wtc.jpg

870175.jpg