UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An extra gauntlet for Cap! Yes! That was one of my biggest problems with the new gauntlet/shield holder pieces: no way to display him without the shield.

Interesting... Putting sculpted toes on the bigger Hulk feet (starting back with Wave 41 Hulk IIRC) sort of "broke" with the cleaner, non-sculpted foot aesthetic of the standard base body, but became the norm for bulked-up barefoot characters (mainly Hulk) since then. Is this an intentional shift back to the non-sculpted foot for bigger characters going forward, or a one-off for this particular iteration? Or, does it just depend on the designer's mood the day the control art is getting made?

I'm curious about whether there's a design standard being established for limbs on bulked-up characters, or if it's always going to vary from character to character, and not necessarily in a consistent or predictable way. On non-bulked bodies, uniquely-sculpted hands and feet are the exception, not the rule, but it seems to be the reverse for the bulked-up characters. Obviously the larger hand and foot caps are going to be sculpted, I'm just wondering if the aim is generally to have them sculpted in the same way (toes vs no toes; fingers vs fist).

Sooooo..I haven't been reading Marvel Now. I know the Hulk is monitored by SHIELD. Can someone tell me what deal is with his metal diaper?

Hulk now wears a full on armor so that when he turns back to Banner (after he's done with his smashing) he will have some kind of "clothes" on and SHIELD will be able to find him and retrieve him.This is his semi-armored look.

Edited by Kostisfire

Interesting... Putting sculpted toes on the bigger Hulk feet (starting back with Wave 41 Hulk IIRC) sort of "broke" with the cleaner, non-sculpted foot aesthetic of the standard base body, but became the norm for bulked-up barefoot characters (mainly Hulk) since then. Is this an intentional shift back to the non-sculpted foot for bigger characters going forward, or a one-off for this particular iteration? Or, does it just depend on the designer's mood the day the control art is getting made?

I'm curious about whether there's a design standard being established for limbs on bulked-up characters, or if it's always going to vary from character to character, and not necessarily in a consistent or predictable way. On non-bulked bodies, uniquely-sculpted hands and feet are the exception, not the rule, but it seems to be the reverse for the bulked-up characters. Obviously the larger hand and foot caps are going to be sculpted, I'm just wondering if the aim is generally to have them sculpted in the same way (toes vs no toes; fingers vs fist).

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a concern for consistency, as with Hulk's color of green. Not that a lack of consistency is a bad thing, as Hulk has been drawn with various shades of green over the years, but as far as I know, he's always been drawn with toes. hulk.gif