UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Striking Dioramas - Relaunched!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I picked up the full shipment of dioramas from the manufacturer, and our part of the production has begun! I am still shooting for a March 9th release date. Thank you to everyone who has preordered these so far. Here is a look at the Concrete Battle and Concrete Wall Dioramas. You could also place a third Concrete Wall on the far left for an even larger display!

concrete01_zps4cb43c6b.jpg

concrete02_zpsac430043.jpg

concrete03_zpsafa1db3b.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions! Today I have a preview of the Military Base Diorama:

base_zps6f3d5d0e.jpg

Also I wanted to give you guys a little more information on the foot pegs I am using. If anyone else uses legos with their minimates, you will know that there are some minimate feet that absolutely will not fit on the studs. I wanted these dioramas to work with ALL minimates, so I made the foot pegs slightly narrower (I believe they are 1/64" smaller in diameter). The minimates that I tested that would not work on a lego stud work great on these. This also means that some minimates would be a looser fit, since not all minimate feet holes were created equal. To make up for this, I also made the pegs taller. This way, even if it is a loose fit, the peg will go in deeper (that's what she said), and still keep the figure standing. Hopefully this is a good solution for everyone!

I used to make video games and sell them, so I have TONS of textures, photos, and 3D models that I have the rights to, and a lot of those resources are being put to good use again in these dioramas. The military base was an unused level in one of my games. :)

They were first person shooter games on the PC. This was about 5 years ago. I had my own company called Cyborg Arm Games, and I used to sell the games through my own web site. I also had 2 games published in Russia and Eastern Europe. There is still a trailer online for one called

. Sales were ok, but not good enough, so I sold the rights to the games to a Russian company a few months before starting the toy store.

Got my Striking Dioramas in the mail today! Very cool. I got the two Barren Streets for the Walking Dead mates. They make for a pretty nice display. (Discovered that my camera is broken when I after I set them up, so no pics. Sorry) I screwed up my first sticker job and had some bubbles. Luckily they are on the doors and look appropriate. I got better as I moved on and got the others on smooth. Unfortunately one of the foot pegs got stuck in Punk Zombie's foot and came off. I'll need to glue it back in when I get the chance. Overall, I'm impressed though and glad to finally have something in scale with the minimates for display.