UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Striking Dioramas - Relaunched!

EDIT: New Dioramas on Page 3!

As you might have seen in the Toy Fair thread, we are relaunching our brand of display environments called Striking Dioramas! While the previous series was made of cardboard, the new series features laser cut black acrylic for a stronger base and a higher quality look. The new series also features PVC foot pegs - the top requested feature from our last series - and high resolution graphics printed on durable vinyl film. Series 1 will include 14 designs, plus a blank diorama with templates for you to create your own customized display.

The factory that produces these for us is only 25 minutes away, and I was able to take a tour last week and view production samples. I also got the final breakdown of the production costs, and the retail price on these will be $14.99 each. These look VERY nice in person, especially the black acrylic material. I will be receiving our prototype this week, so I will definitely be posting pictures with some Minimates. Until then, here are renderings of 5 of the 14 designs, including an example of how some dioramas can be displayed side-by-side:

Industrial Base

industrial_zps595720b6.jpg

Fighting Stage

versus_zps55ec6eac.jpg

Desert Refuge

desert_zps248b14ba.jpg

Flying Fortress #1

hellicarrier1-1_zpsc37ee0d7.jpg

Flying Fortress #2

hellicarrier2-1_zpsab1faf8f.jpg

hellicarrier_2up_zps18a6737f.jpg

I am making some final revisions to the remaining designs, and I will be posting them here once they are finished. The tentative release date for these is March 13th. I have a second series planned for early summer. More details coming soon! smile.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are great! Quick question, Luke, can the Flying Fortress ones be displayed flipped and/or two of the same next to each other?

Thanks!

O6

These are great! Quick question, Luke, can the Flying Fortress ones be displayed flipped and/or two of the same next to each other?

Thanks!

O6

Was thinking the same thing, as I prefer the dio sans jet. Also wondering how the movie Quinjets will look with that background.

The lighting effect on the base of the dio is fantastic on the two flying base sets. Very nice touch.

They all look great. Looking forward to seeing the full 14.

How do others feel about the jet? I could certainly remove it. Otherwise - good idea about making the non-jet ones line up. That will be an easy fix. :)

I could take or leave the jet, but I think the ability to line up the non-jet ones with each other and on both sides of the jet one would be a good idea, for sales if nothing else ;)

Maybe in place of the jet, you could do a sunset, or flock of birds, or something less specific to the floating fortress. Maybe.

Edited by Onyx_6

These look great and have huge potential! Will they be limited in numbers or something you will be continuing to produce as long as they sell?

One with lit alcoves as the printed backdrop that can be combined in a row would make for a good start to a hall of armors...

I already suggested that DST offer a carrying case that looks like the front of a barn but if you wanted to offer a "Farm Surprise" first, that'd be cool. wink.png

I'm considering changing the front of my home, 'Bumblebee Barn' so that it resembles a Minimate carry case .

Come to think of it ...it is a Minimate carry case ermm.gif

I picked up the prototype from the manufacturer! The quality of these is very high, and I am extremely happy with how they turned out. Here is a pic prior to applying any graphics:

plain_zps52466e11.jpg

And here are a few pics after adding the vinyl stickers for our Thunderstorm Diorama:

lightning03_zps29f04409.jpg

lightning01_zpsd8187492.jpg

lightning02_zps7a8f1aa9.jpg

Since the prototype turned out so well, I have put all dioramas up for preorder in the store. You can see all of the different designs here: Striking Dioramas

I put an expected shipping date of March 11th on these. As soon as production is finished, I will post more in-hand pics of each diorama. I hope you guys like the new designs!

These look great and have huge potential! Will they be limited in numbers or something you will be continuing to produce as long as they sell?

We are not planning on making this a limited release. We already have a good relationship with the factory, and we can always have them produce more of these for us.

Luke, will you be offering the pristine black one as an option? I love that shine.

Edited by Onyx_6