Invincible Minimates

Pete

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, hopefully they're not all like that. The home office seems to always get the set that's wonky somehow. (The Hulk TTA set especially.) In the future, I'll need to ask them to look at the Minimates before shooting.

Corner Store Comics has them on eBay using their own picture, looks like it is more than just the DST set. sad.png

Okay, I don't have pictures yet but here's my quick lunchtime review:

• Allen the Alien – This dude is tall, coming at at almost 2 5/8" from head to toe. The noggin is a slip-on, sculpted mask with a plain red head underneath. Great figure.
  • Omni-Man – Flawless as far as I'm concerned. The 'mate captures the character perfectly. No quality issues whatsoever.
  • Atom Eve – Adorable. While the block figure doesn't do justice to that sweet behind of hers, this is yet another example of why simple designs suit this category.
  • Invincible – The mask does indeed fall far too low on Mark's head but as Zach said, it's snug enough that you can get away with simply not putting it on all the way.
  • Accessories – Three flight stands and four circular stands. Works for me.

My one, ridiculously petty nitpick has to do with the additional hairpiece for Mark. It's sculpted in a completely different, far more detailed style than the much simpler, masked hairpiece, which is a throwback to early Marvel. I'm sure it's probably just a repurposed part but it struck me immediately while swapping them out. It's not a deal-breaker by any stretch and it fits just fine. Like I said, it's petty.

Overall, this set is giving me some serious DC Comics flashbacks. Maybe it's the capes, maybe it's the simpler character designs, or probably both. I think comic book customizers will be very happy with these figures. I can't see fans of the series having any problems with these. I've only read the first trade and I'm hooked on these figures. More, please.

I would soooooooooooo kick some butt at that Minimate factory......somebody must have seen WTF was going on before these went into the packaging ?

I know little about the licence but these look fun.

I'm noticing knee tampos becoming de rigueur across the range & it looks like we're going back to the old crotch (?)

-staccatoheadsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

Picked this set up today. I had hoped to take some pictures, but some family stuff kept me busy.

Like others have said, Invincible's mask just needs to be slid up a bit. The rest of the set is great. The designs are really suited to Minimates. One note: Double check the faces on these guys when you pick them up. My LCS had two sets, and in one of them Omni-Man had a Thief of Thieves head instead of his proper mustachioed one.

Have to get over to one of the LCBs today to see if they ordered this set. If not, it will have to wait to be included in whatever crazy order I place with Luke during his Black Friday sale.

My votes for box set #2:

-Invincible in his second costume (though BD Invincible should happen. He's probably the one guy that I wouldn't mind having a BD figure of)

-Robot

-Rex Splode

-Angstrom Levy

Have to get over to one of the LCBs today to see if they ordered this set. If not, it will have to wait to be included in whatever crazy order I place with Luke during his Black Friday sale.

My votes for box set #2:

-Invincible in his second costume (though BD Invincible should happen. He's probably the one guy that I wouldn't mind having a BD figure of) DupliKate

-Robot

-Rex Splode

-Angstrom Levy

Army builder box set. thumbsup.gif

Lobsterman, on 21 Nov 2013 - 10:27, said:

hellpop, on 21 Nov 2013 - 10:04, said:

My votes for box set #2:

-Invincible in his second costume (though BD Invincible should happen. He's probably the one guy that I wouldn't mind having a BD figure of) DupliKate

-Robot

-Rex Splode

-Angstrom Levy

Army builder box set. thumbsup.gif

Wouldn't Invincible be an army builder too?