Invincible Minimates

Pete

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't blame TRU for us shipping them one case of the wrong wave. I don't know what was printed on that case, but I wouldn't expect a shelf stocker to look for the series number on the individual boxes.

And unless there's a dictated on-sale date for movie product, or a major toy release, I doubt they keep too much track of when items will be on shelves, let alone enforce dates on individual stores. I mean, they have delivery dates they'd like us to hit, but things have to be constantly adjusted (as seen at specialty), and they may not know when exactly they'll get it until the week it actually ships to them. I'm sure we notify them when items are en-route, and I'm sure they put product through their system as soon as they get it. Then it's up to individual stores to shelf it, based on their respective work loads and sell-through.

From talking to my TRU employees, it seems you may give the TRU system too much credit, Zach! :P

What you outline would seem to be the way one would expect a system like TRU to work. I don't suspect that it does, or at least the employees don't think it works that way.

Anything that shows up at TRU, from corporate (online) to the local B&M stores, seems to be a surprise. Local TRU stores do not even know what will be on their trucks until 8pm the night before, if someone were to even check. They get what they get and have to find/make room for it on the shelf the day they receive it. TRU online always seems to be caught unaware with putting new mates on their site (wrong/no pics, no names, etc.) even though you get them info early.

Do you know of Wolverine or TR have shipped to TRU yet? Either way, they have yet to add a record for them in their computer system; a search for "Minimate" currently returns about 12 items:

TWD 3

TWD 4

Marvel 10

Marvel 14

Koach Car

UM 2

UM 3

SFvT

MvC

Others?

Anything that shows up at TRU, from corporate (online) to the local B&M stores, seems to be a surprise. Local TRU stores do not even know what will be on their trucks until 8pm the night before, if someone were to even check. They get what they get and have to find/make room for it on the shelf the day they receive it.

The staff at my TRU has been telling me the same thing for years now. They're not even 100% certain what day the trucks will arrive. It's as if TRU doesn't understand that they're dealing in plastic crack!

Haha, for the most part that's true. All we can check is if we're approved to accept an item when it DOES arrive, and how many are in the DC warehouse. Besides that, we have no idea what's showing up if it doesn't have a street date. Hellpop gets it (:lol:), it's like that for most corporate chain retail.

For guys like me, it makes waiting for product VERY difficult. But yea, it's the only answer we give because...it's the answer. sweat.gif

Oh, I wasn't talking about the stores. I didn't think the stores had any control or advance knowledge of what they got. That's what I meant by "and then it's up to the stores." I don't even know if the main distribution center knows what they're GOING to receive in advance, but I believe corporate does. They expect things on a certain date, and we update them on that arrival date as things come off the boat. Distribution probably just checks to see what is going where, and puts it on a truck, but I didn't think they did any more than that.

Toysrus.com may work the same way as a regular store, which may be why the advance review case is always listed online first (I wonder if it's actually checked before it's sold). But Toysrus.com receives inventory separately from the main TRU distribution system, as far as I know. And I have been looking into the listing info situation, and it seems that all of that assortment info we put in the main TRU system is not transferring to Toysrus.com. I will try to be more vigilant in the future and send them pics and info before they ask us for it.

Edited by DSTZach

I just started reading some of the first issues (someone gave me scans of ALL of the invincible issues) and i'm loving it! I'll probably go and buy the trades when i've got the cash. And i really, really hope that this line goes on and on and on for a loooooong time.

One question though: Are the other Image characters that have cameoed in the book covered by the licence? I think Spawn, Savage Dragon and some others did cameo in the Invincible books but i'm not so sure.

Anyway, October 23rd can't come soon enough! Thunderbolts, Invincible (the T-Cats set is suppossed to hit around that time as well,right?), awesomeness all around!

Edited by Kostisfire

Although they've appeared, they are still the property of other creators and don't fall under the Skybound licence.

It'd be the equivalent of Invincible being released under the Marvel licence after his appearance here with Spiderman...

Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_3_14.jpg

And Kos, keep reading, it gets way way better.

Gotta get further than issue #11 no matter what!!!

Edited by Pete

Although they've appeared, they are still the property of other creators and don't fall under the Skybound licence.

It'd be the equivalent of Invincible being released under the Marvel licence after his appearance here with Spiderman...

Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_3_14.jpg

And Kos, keep reading, it gets way way better.

Gotta get further than issue #11 no matter what!!!

I'll def read all of them. I'll just have to add it on my pull list and gather the cash for the back issues. Shame about the other thing though. Let's just hope that the rest of the Image guys see how well these will sell along with the wd and we get more image mates. Edited by Kostisfire

It was done well too.

It was during a Angstrom Leavy arc.

From the pages of Invincible, Angstrom sent him to another dimension... this is that story.

If you look closely in Invincible (forget the issue), when he returns through dimension bubble, he has Spider-Man's web still on his back, as he had just been towing Spidey behind.

• 1 month later...