Pete

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, JeffBohn said:

I don't see a lot of Seth Rogan-brand humor in the Preacher TV show, so I'm not worried about the vibe here just based on his name being attached. 

I wasn't aware Seth Rogen had a hand in the Preacher show.  Maybe this won't be so bad after all then!

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Wow. Classic Todd move. When I think of useless articulation, I think of Todd.

He doesn't make toys. He makes collectibles. I always thought you could have both but what do I know.

I was really excited when I learned he had made Saga figures, until I actually saw the figures.  At least they had some nice sculpts; the Invincible figure just looks like it was found in the back of a comics shop collecting dust for the last 20 years.

I had the same reaction to the beautiful, overpriced Saga figures. The shock and glee I felt knowing that they were actually licensing that kind of merchandise was quickly overshadowed by the disappointment over who was developing them. This was one of those times when I wished they'd gone to DST. I'm not into the 7" scale but, dang, I'd be all over Saga Minimates.

Image has soooooooo many great, quirky comics with unique designs that would make great Minimates.  Saga, Black Science, Deadly Class... if I were the head of a toy company that primarily sells to comic shops, I'd try to get some of these on board.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

After the performance of the previous indie comics wave, I'm not sure how likely that is.

Agreed. Maybe a Skybound series of half Walking Dead and half Invincible. I still can't believe we've gone through a whole TV season of TWD without even a solicit for a box set.

50 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

After the performance of the previous indie comics wave, I'm not sure how likely that is.

Fair point, but I will maintain that DST has been shockingly bad at choosing indie comics properties to champion. See: Grimm's Fairy Tales.

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

Fair point, but I will maintain that DST has been shockingly bad at choosing indie comics properties to champion. See: Grimm's Fairy Tales.

I think you're confusing a licensor with a fair maiden who needs her honor defended. We've gone over the Diamond sales charts before, but deals come about in different ways, and there are many considerations, including interest from the distributor and from the licensor. And since it rarely costs out to just make Minimates of a property, the licensing fees and tooling costs are very important.

It's rare that we actively seek out an indie comics license, but I'm not sure how often you'll see it going forward. 

Edited by DSTZach

19 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Agreed. Maybe a Skybound series of half Walking Dead and half Invincible. I still can't believe we've gone through a whole TV season of TWD without even a solicit for a box set.

How about a Walking Dead / Invincible / Saga mix?

I also wouldn't mind some Millar World Minimates.  I think Kick-Ass would sell and Secret Service/Kingmans seems to be pretty popular. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Black Slappy said:

With this being the 25th anniversary of Youngblood and a new book just relaunching this might be a good time to ask Liefeld about some mates. He seems to like the X-force Cable and Deadpool.

With a Vinimate Badrock.  I'd be in!  Me and probably one or two other people, but early Image is my favorite time in comics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/8/2018 at 8:02 PM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I would love a set of Cyberforce minimates (not the relaunch), Youngblood minimates, Danger Girl minimates, and Wetworks minimates, Savage Dragon minimates, and Spawn. The chance of seeing any of those is probably zero though.

Would buy all of those.  And more Invincible.  And more Valiant.  And a PITT Vinimate.  So it'll be you and I and about 3 other people.  

• 2 years later...