UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Invincible Minimates

Pete

depends on how they wanna go with the series, if they wanna follow the TWD model of going in chronological order of events then your line up would be perfect Lob, but if they wanna take some of the bigger characters than i imagine

BD Invincible

Robot

Angstrom Levi

Monster Girl

Blue/Black Invincible

Conquest

Thragg

Young-Omni Man

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love an "army builder" 4-pack:

Dupi-Kate

Mauler Twin (with alt head)

Angstrom Levi (alt head)

Robot (with bulked up alt look)

I grabbed all the Ultimate Collections from my library and am loving this comic. I really hope we get more characters from this line!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Id love some more sets. None of my comic shops had it so had to resort to EBay. Ive been finding the ultimate edition hardcovers here and there at half price books and I really like the book.

I'd love to see the Guardians of the Globe be represented.

I think this line should have been rolled out the same way that Thundercats was. Small, limited run but pushing to cover the major characters in the first 4 box sets. I just don't understand how a line based on a comic that's been around since 2003 didn't have the legs to keep going. Maybe I'm overestimating the popularity of the comic or the cross-over potential between Invincible fans and Minimate collectors. But it seems to me that this line filled a void in Invincible merchandise. Anyway, I'm hopeful we still see more box sets but at this point I'm doubtful.

Zach, out of curiosity, how many box sets were produced? 3000?

I'm really surprised that this set didn't sell better, but it doesn't seem like it had any support at comic book shops, which is a real shame. I've long been a proponent of more indie comics Minimates, but if DST couldn't convince stores to order an Invincible box set, I don't think there's all that much of a market. Hopefully Valiant will prove me wrong.

I think this line should have been rolled out the same way that Thundercats was. Small, limited run but pushing to cover the major characters in the first 4 box sets. I just don't understand how a line based on a comic that's been around since 2003 didn't have the legs to keep going. Maybe I'm overestimating the popularity of the comic or the cross-over potential between Invincible fans and Minimate collectors. But it seems to me that this line filled a void in Invincible merchandise. Anyway, I'm hopeful we still see more box sets but at this point I'm doubtful.

Zach, out of curiosity, how many box sets were produced? 3000?

At least that. Same number as all of the Thundercats sets, I believe, but we made those for Icon Heroes, and it's a very different license, with a very different fan base. Apparently.

And while there is STILL no other 3D Invincible merch I know of besides a statue, that's part of the reason we weren't going to plan out four sets of MM off the bat. No prior data to go off of. You can argue that a second set might sell more of Set 1, but that's not something you can predict with any certainty. Regardless, Set 1 is still available.

I've never really bought into the "if you announce more, people are more likely to pick up the first set/wave" argument. It's not like people are holding off buying the set with Eve because they want Rex Splode (though I'm sure everyone wants Rex Splode). Sadly, I don't think we will ever know how well these would have sold, because retailers didn't support them, for whatever reason. I was very disappointed when I went to several different shops and couldn't find them anywhere. I ended up buying a set off of Luke, which I'm happy to do, but I wanted to encourage my LCBS to support indie comics Minimates, and I didn't get the chance. Incidentally, Luke has this set marked down to nine bucks as part of his March sale; evidently, he didn't move that many either. confused.gif

I've never really bought into the "if you announce more, people are more likely to pick up the first set/wave" argument. It's not like people are holding off buying the set with Eve because they want Rex Splode (though I'm sure everyone wants Rex Splode).

It's not the case with all lines (like this one) but I know for a fact that collectors have held out on starting to collect properties featuring ensemble casts like Star Trek because they want all members of the bridge crew. If you're not willing to offer all the main characters, it doesn't help consumer confidence. Too many collectors have started a small collection never to see it completed and don't want to get burned again.

• 3 weeks later...

I would've bought more Invincible sets like hotcakes, especially if they'd have released a newly sculpted mask for the title character in the second set (I'm predicting a battle-damaged Invicible in the imaginary set in my head).

Savage Dragon would be neat but it's MADMAN and the ATOMICS that I'd want most of all for "non-big 2" comic characters. Oh sweet holy Moses, those would be fun, colorful and from a line with wonderful material that hasn't been diluted by too many creative hands.

Same goes for Hellboy.