Invincible Minimates

Pete

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't managed to read any issues of invincible. I keep saying 'ill buy the large collected editions' but then for some reason it doesn't happen. Always something else to buy.

That said, these look like great mates, and I'll be picking them up in preparation for when I eventually get round to reading the book and inevitably fall in love.

You really should pick up Invincible. It isa super fun comic with a lot of classic energy and isn't really bogged down trying to be a dark or edgy or gritty comic. It's got great, wonderfully bright and vibrant colors. It's not meaty and it's not heady, but it is soooo much fun. This is a great first line-up, and if nothing else ever comes, I'll be happy enough with these four. But there are so many more colorful, fun characters, I'm hoping we see plenty more and that they eventually make to the wave format (Dupli-Kate, Multi-Paul, Reanimen, and white-suited Viltrumites would all be good army builders).

And the idea of the Guardians of the Globe facing off in Minimate form against the Justice League... too fun.

Edited by Turtle

I just ordered the Compendium 1 which contains the first 46 issues for $36 bucks. I think that'll last me until the mates come out :D

Is that a hardcover or a paperback? I have been collecting the hard cover Walking Dead books (the ones with the slipcases) and thought I may do the same with Invincible. But my friend picked up the paperback WD compendium and loved it.

Truth be told, because of their size and weight, it can be a bit of a chore to read the hardbacks. It's not exactly the sort of book you can read in bed on a lazy Sunday morning and much like my Absolute DC stuff, I'm a bit scared of creasing pages etc. Although, they do look bloody lovely on a bookshelf....if I had a bookshelf :)

Compendium is the huge paperback. I have both the Walking Dead ones, they're a lot cheaper than buying the editions separately, but yeah, it's a chore to read.

I find the Waling Dead compendiums easy to read, but very hard to hold. ;)

Compendium is the huge paperback. I have both the Walking Dead ones, they're a lot cheaper than buying the editions separately, but yeah, it's a chore to read.

I find the Waling Dead compendiums easy to read, but very hard to hold. wink.png

That's nothin'! :D

Go get a IDW Artist's Edition "Mad" hardcover! That'll sprain yer wrist trying to maneuver that sucker.

I find the Waling Dead compendiums easy to read, but very hard to hold. wink.png

Yeah, that's what I meant tongue.png

I hope this runs a few boxsets at least. I know Invincible has at least 2 main looks the yellow/blue and the dark/blue and then the battle damaged stuff.

Same with Omni man I think there is at least one other main look and then damaged style.

The Elephant

Then characters like Rex Plode, Robot and Dupli-Kate. I have a bit trouble remembering the main villains but I think Mauler, The Elephant (BIG WANT!) and I remember a dude with tentacles in his chest.

It would be nice if this took the box set format. One everyone or two months would be ideal for this licence. You can have variations of the big guys and have lesser known characters with them. Most of image's comics would work in this format. Take spawn for example. A variation of spawn in each box set with some villains,allies or secondary characters. I hope Todd comes to his senses and give dst the spawn licence. Nowadays his toys are kinda crap.

Shut your mouth, MisterPL! You'll jinx it! I think Invincible can at least support one box set. Thief of Thieves on the other hand...

Oo. Yeah. Forget about them.

Yeah, I'm with Lobsterman. LCS owners will take Invincible 'mates but it might be a little soon for Thief of Thieves. Besides, I really want these.

Okay, maybe someone (Zach?) can answer a question for me. I know ToyFair is a retailer exclusive event where toy companies come out to display products that they have, or will have if interest is there, for sale. My understanding is that big-wigs from retail stores (Target, TRU, the Wal, etc.) are there. But who else is there? Who is DST's target audience at ToyFair? We see pictures of the items they offer, but outside of TRU and LCSes, I don't see DST products. Are there LCS representatives at ToyFair? Is there ever a chance that, if an LCS is there, that they could afford to swing an entire set of something?

I am truly curious about this and don't mean anything against DST. I know they are constantly trying to get back into more big boxes, but is that all? Thought or ideas welcome.

EDIT: I guess I thought I was posting this in the ToyFair thread. I will post it there too, but this thought occurred to me reading the post about how LCSes would love Invincible mates. How do they let DST know, if they don't go to ToyFair, and DST does not get a positive response at ToyFair, how do they even make it to previews for the LCS to see and order?

Edited by Onyx_6

I get the feeling that this is as far as this line is going to go. I hope I'm wrong but every year we see art or even prototypes that don't get the retailer demand needed to move forward. I think we're looking at one now. confused.gif

I know people who are HUGE invincible fans that will buy these that do not otherwise purchase minimates.

The comic has a pretty cultish following. I think it'll sell well enough. But we'll see.

Hey Zach, I have a few quick questions for ya, if you have any answers:

1. Will this line be JUST this box set?

2. If not will the line be composed of just box sets?

3. If so can we expect to see the Teen Team or Guardians of the Globe?

• 1 month later...

i am so insanely psyched for these! huge Invincible fan, its definitely a favorite and a series I recommend to whoever will listen.

Personally I'm good w the series being composed of box sets, if anything would make it would make them easier to track down.

Guardians of the Globe are a must! And oooh so many delicious villains to pick from! Really want a Tyranasaurus!!

Okay, maybe someone (Zach?) can answer a question for me. I know ToyFair is a retailer exclusive event where toy companies come out to display products that they have, or will have if interest is there, for sale. My understanding is that big-wigs from retail stores (Target, TRU, the Wal, etc.) are there. But who else is there? Who is DST's target audience at ToyFair? We see pictures of the items they offer, but outside of TRU and LCSes, I don't see DST products. Are there LCS representatives at ToyFair? Is there ever a chance that, if an LCS is there, that they could afford to swing an entire set of something?

I am truly curious about this and don't mean anything against DST. I know they are constantly trying to get back into more big boxes, but is that all? Thought or ideas welcome.

EDIT: I guess I thought I was posting this in the ToyFair thread. I will post it there too, but this thought occurred to me reading the post about how LCSes would love Invincible mates. How do they let DST know, if they don't go to ToyFair, and DST does not get a positive response at ToyFair, how do they even make it to previews for the LCS to see and order?

Anyone with a store CAN go to Toy Fair, but we know not everyone does, especially not comic shop owners, who may not carry a lot of toys, so we would never tank a product in the concept stage without even prototyping it and offering it to the 3000+ retailers who read Previews.

Out target audience at Toy Fair is new customers, especially international buyers who make the trip to the US specifically for this event. But we take a lot of orders from existing customers, as well, and them seeing the product in person is always a good thing.

Hey Zach, I have a few quick questions for ya, if you have any answers:

1. Will this line be JUST this box set?

2. If not will the line be composed of just box sets?

3. If so can we expect to see the Teen Team or Guardians of the Globe?

We'll see how well the first set does. I have high hopes. Not sure if TRU will bite, which will probably affect how the figures are offered. Edited by Zach Oat