UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tiny Tink basis for shrunken Wasp accessory. No brainer. Make it happen.

Nice looking mates. How it opens very large doors for the company and the minimates in general. So you can then go make more Marvel minimates to feed my habit.

Okay, since no one else has mentioned it, maybe it is just me, but doesn't it look like Smee has a wider space between his shoulders?

WendySmee1.jpg

Edited by Onyx_6

The Walrus Battle Beast also has a similar Chest as Ursula.

I'm curious to know how these sell at the theme park Disney Stores.

I know Halo did it, but could this help make more 2 MInimate and a Vehicle sets in the future? Smee's belly is fantastic.

My Deadpool minimate mentioned how excited he was to get Tinkerbell alone.

I don't think I've commented in here yet, but I have to say I love these! They match the source material very well.

Really excited for these, and the possibilities that good sales 'could' lead to.

Does anyone know if these will fit scale wise with the Jake and Pirates ships etc. I can imagine kids picking up the playsets and also grabbing a box of mates on their way to the register.

I can't understand the $30 price tag for Hook's ship. The typical price for the previous pirate ships have ranged from $13.99 to $16.99 depending on what strore it was purchased at and the Toysrus exclusive Halo warthogs that included three mates were $24.99. So why would Hook's ship cost almost twice as much as the other pirate ships just because of the inclusion of one extra figure?

Considering there are no licensing fees associated with this assortment, the prices should be in line with other releases at the very least. However, material costs have risen quite a bit over the last couple years and DST had managed to keep price points down until recently. Hopefully this isn't indicative of the new norm but given the price of the Minimates Enterprise (with one figure), $30 for a vehicle with two figures isn't far off the mark.

Also consider that these were probably ordered in much, much smaller quantities than a TRU exclusive. The lower the production run, the higher the SRP.

Then there's skimming; retailers and manufacturers will often introduce a new product at a high price to take full advantage of those willing to pay so much. Over time the price will adjust itself according to market demand. I'm guessing the typical 20% off sale is right around the corner, probably timed for Easter basket season. Because, hey, who wouldn't want to find a fairy hiding amongst your Easter eggs?

Damn. Smee and Wendy are pretty important, but not $15 important for someone who has no interest in vehicles. I'll probably also wait for one of those 20% off plus free shipping online deals.

$30 for the ship? jawdrop.gif

I would bet it's Disney price gouging, and not DST setting a high suggested retail price. The Disney Store tends to be more expensive; Marvel Universe and Legends figures are usually a few more dollars then anywhere else (although they have the latest wave of Legends at a reasonable price). My daughter REALLY wants Wendy, but I'm not sure if I can justify $30 for her... who am I kidding, I can. rolleyes.gif

Edited by hellpop

With the rise of the shipping rates I don't think I'll be able to buy these mates. I mean 3/4 of wave 15 (still have to get the heralds pack) cost me 41$! The thing with minimates was that they were always cheap and now bam! The rates go up and us overseas collectors get f@ked (sorry for the language). 30 $ for the ship is a bit high. I hope this "line" does well though,I may pick them up later. All in all I'm quite happy that release dates are being pushed back. It gives me more time to gather some cash. And with all of those stuff hitting on may (enterprise,strange tales,hulk) I can buy them and pre order the June stuff because I have my name's celebration and Easter!

For anyone having a problem with the cost of these, have you never shopped at DisneyStore before? I'm pretty sure they overprice stuff so that when they discount what doesn't sell they're not losing much on it.

I only go out of my way to DS when new exclusive Minimates come out, so I can't compare their prices of things found in other stores.

A 20% off with free shipping sounds great for these, hope we get one soon. I'm guessing they will hit the website on Monday morning.

The store I went to didn't get even close to what they got for last year's Avengers sets. I asked if there was more stock that wasn't on the floor, in an attempt to get a carded pirate ship that wasn't torn, but was told they had everything on the floor already.