UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Here's what I don't understand

The Disney Store is completely separate from the Disney Parks. The Disney Parks have their entirely own lines of exclusive merchandise. And we're talking fully molded exclusives, not just repainted Star Wars figures and cheap stuff. They spend the money to get quality stuff!

I think the Disney Theme Parks would be *perfect* for Disney Minimates! The Haunted Mansion set Lurch77 mentioned would be perfect for the parks, as would a ride-themed Pirates of the Carribean (as opposed to the movie version which would always be my first choice!)

But NOT having the Peter Pan minimates at the parks still boggles my mind! It would be a great seller!

Plus, most importantly, all theme park merchandise is available to order directly from Disney on the internet! So no, you don't have to go to the theme park to buy it!

Heck, the theme parks would be a great place to put the Marvel Best Of waves at too!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. These things are expensive. No way am I paying $27 a pack for these, and then another $35 for the Jolly Roger. Nearly $100 (including shipping) for 10 mini-figures and a vehicle?

Edited by TheAnvil

Here's what I don't understand

The Disney Store is completely separate from the Disney Parks. The Disney Parks have their entirely own lines of exclusive merchandise. And we're talking fully molded exclusives, not just repainted Star Wars figures and cheap stuff. They spend the money to get quality stuff!

I think the Disney Theme Parks would be *perfect* for Disney Minimates! The Haunted Mansion set Lurch77 mentioned would be perfect for the parks, as would a ride-themed Pirates of the Carribean (as opposed to the movie version which would always be my first choice!)

But NOT having the Peter Pan minimates at the parks still boggles my mind! It would be a great seller!

Plus, most importantly, all theme park merchandise is available to order directly from Disney on the internet! So no, you don't have to go to the theme park to buy it!

Heck, the theme parks would be a great place to put the Marvel Best Of waves at too!

I'm pretty sure Marvel Minimates have been spotted at the parks. Someone saw them there. But I'm not privy to the sales details.

Minimates debt is a terrible curse.

I want these, too, but they're a very low priority. Personally I'd love to see these blow out of the stores without a lot of support from the existing Minimates collecting community especially if it meant Disney requesting boxed sets of their other properties like:

The Rocketeer

Tron

Indiana Jones

Pirates of the Caribbean

Zach, my wife and I are Annual Passholders at Anaheim CA's Disneyland. We spend more time browsing merchandise than we do riding the rides. I have never to my recollection seen minimates there, and I know I've never seen the Disney Store exclusives there. Which on it's own doesn't mean much, since a small quantity could easily sell out without us ever seeing them since we certainly don't go every day. But they do carry comic books at some of the stores too, so maybe some specialty stuff has trickled through? But we definitely search for the DS exclusives since we'd get a passholder discount if we bought them at the park, so I have hunted for them there.

Now, on to the wishlisting!

I want to see Single Packs at the Disney Parks!!

Then they could throw in random properties any time they want, and never be restrained by character count. For instance, instead of having to come up with *another* Peter Pan 4-pack, you could trickle out and complete our collections with Tiger Lilly, Nana, and Croc, and they don't even have to be in the same wave! Just please, for the love of all that's holy, avoid blind boxes!

But with single packs, you could have higher case counts of the "heavy hitters" and short pack the more obscure characters, since the impulse-buyers at Disneyland is a different type of market. You could even keep the main characters as open-stock "Best Of"'s and rotate through supporting characters!

One line Disney currently has is a die-cast car line based on Disney characters as cars. They have them packed individually and the occasional 2 or more pack with an exclusive car to said pack. I think this would work wonderfully for Disney Park exclusive Minimates.

Sorry, I guess I was thinking when UK Collector found Marvel packs at Universal Studios:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10688&page=15#entry252417

My bad.

Universal Studios would have been the perfect place for the Universal Monsters 4-packs. With all the other stuff old both at the park and at the independent stores on the City Walk, I'm surprised UM wasn't available there.

Sorry, I guess I was thinking when UK Collector found Marvel packs at Universal Studios:

My bad.

Universal Studios would have been the perfect place for the Universal Monsters 4-packs. With all the other stuff old both at the park and at the independent stores on the City Walk, I'm surprised UM wasn't available there.

Damn right.

The idea if single packs is a great one, and I would love Haunted Mansion mates.

My bad.

Aside from the common studio, is there much of a monster presence at Universal Studios? Heck, I don't know if BTTF was even available there.

Aside from the common studio, is there much of a monster presence at Universal Studios? Heck, I don't know if BTTF was even available there.

Universal Studios used to have a wicked cool BTTF ride with 8-seater DeLoreans, cast member videos, dinosaurs, ice balls, volcanos and more! Unfortunately, I think they have retired the ride. :(

My bad.

Yes, there's still a big monster presence at Universal. They have their giant walk-through Monster maze up year-round (plus the greatest Halloween park make-over every October), plus Universal is a lot like Disney in that they have a lot of gift shops inside the park, but also outside the park for their Universal Citywalk, which is a open-air mall which is free to enter (besides parking) and has even more gift shops, restaurants, and regular stores like GameStop, shoe stores, etc. There's also a comic book shop there which does carry Minimates, but it's been awhile since I've been there, but I do remember finding the IM2 single packs there. (Things From Another World, IIRC. They have a flying saucer crashed into the storefront as their sign). But they are completely indepedent from the actual theme park.

But the theme park itself still sells classic Universal Monsters merchandise.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got my Peter Pan sets open this weekend, since they were part of my daughter's Easter basket. We still need to pick up the Peter & Lost Boys set, but we've got the ship and Hook/Tink. Captain Hook is really, really great, despite the limp sword.ermm.gif He's the standout, I'd say, though I think the others are impressive.

Now the bad news... I stopped by my local Disney Store the other day, and I'm pretty sure that no one else has bought any sets since I bought mine. sad.png I'm good for at least one more, but I really hope my store isn't indicative of how these are doing overall.

So I finally got my Peter Pan sets open this weekend, since they were part of my daughter's Easter basket. We still need to pick up the Peter & Lost Boys set, but we've got the ship and Hook/Tink. Captain Hook is really, really great, despite the limp sword.ermm.gif He's the standout, I'd say, though I think the others are impressive.

Now the bad news... I stopped by my local Disney Store the other day, and I'm pretty sure that no one else has bought any sets since I bought mine. sad.png I'm good for at least one more, but I really hope my store isn't indicative of how these are doing overall.

Hey Hellpop, which location did you find them at?

They are at the Disney Store in the Springfield Mall, which is just outside of Media. If you can't get over there, I can pick them up for you, though I don't know if I'll be able to get there this week.

Ok cool,thanks for the tip. I'm actually less than ten minutes from there. The funny thing about that is, my wife stopped in there for a gift right when these were hitting, and I had her ask about them. She was told they don't carry minimates anymore, so I haven't even bothered to check back. Might stop today while I'm out and about ( the wife always needs something in Target ;-) )

Did the Disney Store ever really "carry" Minimates? Sporadic box sets don't really constitute a clearly defined beginning and end. Sounds like your DS employee was being lazy.

Little guy ?

You're right that was probably 'Lazy' .....or Dopey.... or Grumpy.... or Sneezy,Sleepy,Happy

-Doc.bashfulheadsmate