UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"CaptainJackSparrow" just posted the following review of The Jolly Roger at DisneyStore.com:

Having lost "The Black Pearl" in another treacherous mutiny, I found myself in need of a pirate ship. The flag of "The Jolly Roger" immediately caught my eye so I decided to give it a try.
It's certainly well armed, sporting 8 cannons on each side, fully accessible through the opening deck. The Captain's room at the stern is roomy enough to seat one, which is all a Captain really needs, savvy?
The fabric masts are an authentic touch and the detailing overall is superb. It's a wee ship but exquisitely crafted and decorated.
Fortunately, the ship also comes with a First Mate, Mr. Smee. He's a rotund little chap but very poseable, certainly more so than others of his diminutive stature. UNfortunately there's also a stowaway on board, a young lass by the name of Windy or Wesley or something. While she's adorable I've little use for her and she for me so I'll be dropping her off at the nearest port.
This may not be "The Pearl" but "The Jolly Roger" is a fine ship and worth its weight in Aztec gold. Now I'm off in search of a ship with black sails that's crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hades itself spat him back out.
Hopefully Disney will get the hint and offer Minimates based on that other Pirates property they have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is an odd thing for Disney Store to do and I almost wonder if the ship isn't a pricing mistake. Regardless, I grabbed a couple.