UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just checked out this thread cause I'm not really into Peter Pan mates however my son is just getting into Peter Pan so I might get some of these down the road.

$30 for the pirate ship? Wow.

I was just in Indianapolis and visited the Castleton Square Mall. I found both 4 mate sets and the Jolly Rodger with Wendy and Smee. The ship was $29.50, and the two four packs were each $19.50. While my wife was shocked I spent that much money on Peter Pan minimates, I sort of wish I would have gotten a second set with Hook and Tinker Bell. I will be opening my Peter Pan mates just to display them but not sure how I will do it just yet. I will likely make a background and then set up a case I have that should hold the Jolly Rodger (fully assembled).

I am now wishing for future Disney minimates.

Yah - I am a little floored by the prices of these.... that pirates ship is twice as much as its 3 predecessors. Other than an extra mast and an extra figure, it's almost identical to the first ship released.

Of course I'd like to see more Disney minimates... but not at those costs

I was just in Indianapolis and visited the Castleton Square Mall. I found both 4 mate sets and the Jolly Rodger with Wendy and Smee. The ship was $29.50, and the two four packs were each $19.50. While my wife was shocked I spent that much money on Peter Pan minimates, I sort of wish I would have gotten a second set with Hook and Tinker Bell. I will be opening my Peter Pan mates just to display them but not sure how I will do it just yet. I will likely make a background and then set up a case I have that should hold the Jolly Rodger (fully assembled).

I am now wishing for future Disney minimates.

I suppose I could have mentioned that Indy had them before. I was there this weekend and saw them. i also found out that several of the staff members there know who me and my boys are and what are collecting habits are. When the manager at the Disney Store knows who you are because you've been in so many times you lose a lot of man respect.

I've only been in my Disney Store three times (I just found out about it last month, the one I used to go to closed) and they already know me. Let's just say it's good customer service, and not because I'm the only grownup asking about Peter Pan toys, okay?

Anyway, I picked up the set with Tinkerbell and the pirate ship. I probably would have passed on the ship, but my daughter wants Wendy.... Haven't opened them yet, as they'll most likely go in her Easter basket. I'm sure I'll pick up the other set at some time, but $70 for 10 figures and a ship I already have (second mast or no second mast) is just too steep for me at once. But I look at it as an investment in the future, with the hopes that these do well enough that Disney does more. All I'm saying is, I'd better get Incredibles Minimates out of this!

The selection of characters in each of the sets was VERY well planned out thumbsup.gif (not for collecting but for maximizing sets sold). I'd wager majority of little girls order of priority would be: 1) Tinkerbell, 2) Wendy, 3) Peter Pan. For the boys it's probably 1) Peter Pan, 2) Hook, 3) Pirate Ship. Either way you're stuck buying all 3 sets.

Seriously, who's taking these pictures for the Disney Store? dry.png It's not Avenger's 4-pack bad but still ...

And if we want to see other Disney minimates, we'd be better served telling Disney how much we like/want them instead of DST.

Yah - I am a little floored by the prices of these.... that pirates ship is twice as much as its 3 predecessors. Other than an extra mast and an extra figure, it's almost identical to the first ship released.

Of course I'd like to see more Disney minimates... but not at those costs

It's just the ship, though. The 4 packs are comparable to sets from other lines.

Heck, my latest Thundercats set cost a few bucks more.

And not every Disney movie would need a vehicle. I can't see a point to anything for something like Aladdin or Lion King (Pride Rock?). The ship was hard to swallow, but I've spent more on 4 packs of Minimates (as evidenced above).

Though, to prevent the need for the ship, we could've gotten a third box set with Wendy, Smee, Nana & Tiger Lily. I would've loved that.

Tiger Lily... wub.png

Nana and TIger Lily are missing from this set and I would like to see them at some point.

But you are correct, TENIME_art, we don't need vehicles for every Disney line of minimates.

An Aladdin set could be: Aladdin with mini Abu, Jasmine, Razoul and the Sultan. A second Aladdin set could be: Jafar with mini Iago, Genie with mini lamp, Prince Aladdin & Rajah. Carpet could be included with either set or even in both.

Then there could be a little Mermaid set that is Prince Eric, Ariel (in mermaid form but include parts to make her human) with mini Flounder, Triton with mini Sebastian and Grimsby. A second Little Mermaid set would be Ursula with mini Flotsam & Jetsam, Max (Eric's dog), Ursula in human form (when she attempts to steal Eric's heart) and Chef Louis. Will need a butcher's knife for the chef and a trident for Triton. No need for any vehicles at all in this set, can u us the Jolly Roger as Prince Eric's boat just remove the pirate mast.

For Snow White there could be two five packs. 1) Snow White with Bashful, Sleepy, Dopey and Happy. 2) Charming, Evil Queen, Doc, Grumpy & Sneezy. No need for any vehicles here since there weren't any in the movie other than a horse. Accessories could be pickaxes for the dwarves, a Mirror for the Queen, A sword for Charming, and a mini blue bird for Snow.

Not sure how sets would work for Cinderella. 1) Cinderella (in her common attire) with mini Jaq and Gus, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and the Grand Duke. 2) Lady Tremaine, Anastasia Tremain, Drezella Tremaine & Princess (Royal Ball gown) Cinderella. There could be a vehicle with this line which would be the Pumpkin Carriage and would need Minimate Horses to pull it, so I doubt it would be made.

Just some thoughts for a few of the more popular film lines.

But I would like to see a box sets of 1) Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy; 2) Donald, Daisy, Clarabelle Cow and Scrooge McDuck; 3) Chip, Dale, Gadget, Monterey Jack with mini Zipper; 4) Mowgli, Baloo, King Louie and Shere Khan with Kaa; 5) Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit and Christopher Robin with a mini Piglet.

So it took eleven whole pages for this to devolve into a wishlist thread? Wow, that's pretty good for us. Great restraint, guys!

My Disney top 5 wants:

1. The Incredibles

2. The Rocketeer

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas

4. The Muppets

5. Winnie the Pooh

The last two are more for my wife.happy.png

So it took eleven whole pages for this to devolve into a wishlist thread? Wow, that's pretty good for us. Great restraint, guys!

Agreed. Congrats everybody! That's got to be a new record. No-prizes for everyone!

Shame shame shame on you for not wanting Muppets yourself though, HP. . .shame.

Agreed. Congrats everybody! That's got to be a new record. No-prizes for everyone!

Shame shame shame on you for not wanting Muppets yourself though, HP. . .shame.

Oh, it's not that I don't want them myself, but I'm definitely not the biggest Muppets fan in the house. They'd be in my top ten, but I don't think they'd jump ahead of, say, Toy Story if it wasn't for the better half.smile.png

We actually have other awesome Disney 'Mates designed from earlier proposals, so hopefully when Peter Pan dazzles and they come back and say they want something else, one of those can move to pole position.

Thanks for supporting the line, guys.

We actually have other awesome Disney 'Mates designed from earlier proposals, so hopefully when Peter Pan dazzles and they come back and say they want something else, one of those can move to pole position.

Thanks for supporting the line, guys.

I hope this leads to a marvel like Disney line. A line that covers the Disney comics,movies and cartoons. Heck,I'd be in heaven if you announced a comics line. The duck stories from Carl Barks are some of the first things I read. Actually I'm still buying the bi monthly Disney comics with Donald,Mickey and the others. And those graphic novels they did set in the middle age with the wizards,the one that was parodying Star Wars,I'd love to see a line that would revolve around those characters! You know what would be the craziest thing? An all Disney line which covers the comics,the movies,the cartoons and the videogames. Then the first wave could have:

Jack sparrow/jack skellington

Mickey/Donald

Woody/stitch

Mr incredible/sully

This is not a realistic model of how I'd plan a first wave,just an example of how having the licence of all that stuff would allow for some waves mixed with characters from everything!

Ps: this has already become a wish list thread so I figured I'd contribute too!