UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What!?!

NO CROCODILE!!!???!!!

Quote - My Wife.

Still, that's one set for me, one set for her, and 1+ each for customs, still deciding how many extras I need... Glad to see the top hat back, and in black!

Zach, can you show us here some pics of their backs?

Is the little boy in pink (Michael) the only one using the new shorter legs & arms? I can't tell on the Lost Boys. And do the Lost Boys suits have sculpted tails?

Lets hope this is the beginning of a long line of Disney mates! Next set NEEDS to be Lilo & Stitch!

Edited by monkeycrumb

Great news for the Minimate line which is ultimately good news for us. I feel myself going into my 'non-typical, wrong age-group,WTF would I know about this? ' psyche .....to be fair what is there for an ol' boy like me to love about these but that's not the 'mates fault?

What I will comment upon though is their 'eyes' ......they're bloody dreadful but that's down to the Disney spec. sheet not DST .

Tinkerbell before Sam Wilson.....who would have called it?

Shocked! I am SHOCKED by this reveal!

Seriously, I'm glad it's finally out there, and I hope these are a big, big success. I showed them to my daughter, and she's thrilled by 'em, so I'll probably be getting two of each. Well, at least ones for her. But I'll probably need them for myself so that I can avoid the temptation of cannibalizing my daughter's Minimates for custom parts.

And I really hope that this is the beginning of a long, fruitful relationship between DST and the Mouse. Next set, please: THE INCREDIBLES.

Wow.

No offense to the lot of you, but I was convinced y'all were crazy. Hell, I was ready for a wide assortment of you to be incredibly disappointed at this mystery line to be not Peter Pan and for Peter Pan to become some weird running gag anytime some new line was hinted at.

Goes to show what I know. Good sleuthing. Sherlock would be proud.

I'm still passing on them though.

I have to say I hate the look on Hook's face. He was always so expressionate. Here he just looks... bored.

I just think Captain Crook's face didn't translate well to the flat face. He's got a defining nose and huge chin which were both lost in the minimate design

captain-hook.jpg

terrifying looking minimates. Not for me, but there a couple of other Disney films I may be interested in if this becomes a 'regular thing'. So much seems lost on the 'generic' minimate style, particularly the head... I'm afraid to say they remind me of rushed custom figures.

I didn’t start seriously collecting minimates until the DC Direct minimates, they brought a level of attention to detail that made them go from “block curio” to “fantastic collectible” in my eyes, the Marvel waves (and other following properties) would make the DCD minimates in terms of quality so I was officially hooked.

The Peter Pan minimates remind me of the early Marvel minimates.

Which isn’t bad, I still think the original Venom (with his tongue out) and C3 Joker’s faces are the best looking versions, but the lack of overall detail kills my overall excitement.

So I will buy these as a “Block Curio”, I’m happy to see we got a full sized Tink and Captain Hook looks pretty good (though his color is kinda off), but I’m not sure how they’ll fit in with my minimate collection.

Well I'm not shocked. But seeing as I don't care much for Peter Pan I don't think I'm going to get them. Don't get me wrong. They look nice. But they're Peter Pan minimates and, well, I just don't care for Peter Pan. At least the Disney version. I kinda have to like the play because I was in it.

I guess I'm not sure why some people don't like these because of the simplicity. They pretty much look like exact representations of the characters in the movie, that in general look very bland. You have have three kids in Jammies and three kids dressed like animals, most of which have no real opportunity for any kind of tampos etc. I like them personally and since buying products at the Disney Store for the last few years I will be extrememly surprised if these don't sell well. I think the main thing that could hurt them is not being out in time for the DVD release, but between added exposure from it being out and the ongoing success of Jake and the Neverland Pirates cartoon i think these will be received well.

However, I do wish the first Disney Minimates could have been Wreck It Ralph. That would have been awesome.

Oh, and speaking of Jammies...

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/116561

I love the film, the idea, and the fact that 'mates have finally got a pinky-toe in the Disney door, however I personally don't think that these translate well into 'mate form. Regardless, I'll still probably get these if for no other reason than to support the expansion of this golden opportunity for DST. I've no doubt that these will sell if reasonably priced. Now in the extremely unlikely event that "Tron" and/or "John Carter" 'mates miraculously occur from this relationship, then I will be thrilled! I still maintain that Syd Mead inspired Light Cycles would be the ultimate Minimate vehicle packs.

*Disney also now owns a little franchise called "Star Wars"...just say'in.

I love the film, the idea, and the fact that 'mates have finally got a pinky-toe in the Disney door, however I personally don't think that these translate well into 'mate form. Regardless, I'll still probably get these if for no other reason than to support the expansion of this golden opportunity for DST. I've no doubt that these will sell if reasonably priced. Now in the extremely unlikely event that "Tron" and/or "John Carter" 'mates miraculously occur from this relationship, then I will be thrilled! I still maintain that Syd Mead inspired Light Cycles would be the ultimate Minimate vehicle packs.

*Disney also now owns a little franchise called "Star Wars"...just say'in.

I second this. Not too enamored by these, but might get them just to support the line... just for the sliver of a chance that Disney might be able license Star Wars for both Lego and Minimates.