UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens and Lost in Space!

Why can't the Power Loader just be a vehicle? There will be vehicles in this line, right?

If only there was Mario: Aliens...

. . .

Finally, Minimate Arnim Zola could have a girlfriend.

Um, how about less posting, and more watching Aliens. Mmmkay, thanks.
I've gotta do something while waiting for the post office to deliver. I suppose I could just go post something about Funko Pops like normal.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly dudes, I reckon we should all nab the Kubrick power loaders while we can. DST will probably maker a nicer

one eventually, but we'll have to wait and see... Am I wrong in remembering the mention of lights on the vehicle assortment?

If the Power Loader has a little yellow light on top of it I will wee myself a little bit...

I think they announced a 1:18 scale line of vehicles like the BTTF 'Time Machine' and KITT, so those are most likely the only things getting the light and sound effect treatment.

As for Kubricks, I am still proud to say that I don't have a single one in my collection and will be happy with whatever form of Power Loader I get from DST.

Edited by youbastards

honestly dudes, I reckon we should all nab the Kubrick power loaders while we can. DST will probably maker a nicer

one eventually, but we'll have to wait and see... Am I wrong in remembering the mention of lights on the vehicle assortment?

If the Power Loader has a little yellow light on top of it I will wee myself a little bit...

Those Kubs ain't cheap anymore. I was checking eBay and elsewhere and it seems like the cheapest ones are around $100. There was a time that ToyNK had them for $20! I bought two sets, sold one apart from the Alien warriors, and now regret it sad.png

As for Kubricks, I am still proud to say that I don't have a single one in my collection

Don't think I've ever done this on this forum, but you. . .you deserve it.

pBjIBBe.jpg

99% of Kubricks don't have ears molded to their heads. The ones that do look ridiculous. If DST ever does Ultraman and/or Star Wars, I too will have no need to own a single Kubrick.

And I've always wondered, what's with the holes on the top of their feet???

Another question, what is the purpose of Bearbricks? Is it appealing to people who like both Star Wars and cartoon style bear silhouettes? I just don't get it...

medicom-toy-darth-vader-stormtrooper-bea

The one thing I do respect the hell out of Medicom for is that somehow they have managed to produce these for years, and from what I can tell, the overall product quality has remained 100% consistent. unsure.png

The holes on their feet have been used for leg accessories like sculpted boot parts or shin guards that plug right in. The Be@rbricks appeal to folks who are into vinyl art kind of stuff it seems. They are all shaped exactly the same, but have different printing on them. I don't care for them personally. And some Kubricks do look worse than others. Their Marvel characters were pretty bad across the board. But some really work and are great, like the Aliens figures, the Metal Gear figures, and the Star Wars figures for the most part. I think this could have trumped what DST did from an aesthetic POV, but alas, it wasn't meant to be (they were never produced):

http://protoncharging.com/2008/06/20/ghostbusters-kubricks-at-tokyo-toy-fair/

You know that thread .....'Minimate pictures you'd rather not see ?

Anybody interested in a 'kubrick Aliens Powerloaders army pictures you'd rather not see ' ? wink.png I too remember when they were being sold for $20 & I can be a greedy bastard sometimes.

I shan't defend kubricks because many of the things that have been said are true ......I, however, cherish my collection which in terms of numbers of different characters exceeds the size of my Minimate collection .

You know that thread .....'Minimate pictures you'd rather not see ?

Anybody interested in a 'kubrick Aliens Powerloaders army pictures you'd rather not see ' ? wink.png I too remember when they were being sold for $20 & I can be a greedy bastard sometimes.

Yes I want to see that pic... I also am thinking I'll try and pick up a power loader at some point, so someone showing pix of one ( or many with minimates inside would be good.)

I do have to say that I'm a little disappointed that the biggest new minimate license that was 'revealed at TF' didn't have any pictures leak...

T.

Toy News International posted their DST Toy Fair gallery. No pics of Aliens, but they did say this:

The Aliens will not only get the Minimate figure treatment, but they will also get the Minimates vehicle treatment as well. We got to see some of these but were not able to take photo's of them. The Aliens themselves looked very cool and we will also be getting a Ripley figure. I am also told the chances of getting a Queen Alien and Ripley with Power Loader are very good. We will also see larger scale Alien vehicles with electronic lights and sounds from DST, similar to what they have done for Back to the Future and Knight Rider.

I too remember when they were being sold for $20 & I can be a greedy bastard sometimes.

I remember wink.png and as was often the case, you had more foresight than I with those. You should've cashed in those wave 28 cases before 20 different Deadpool variants flooded the market. You coulda retired 10 times over! biggrin.png

I coulda swore I posted a picture of a Minimate in the Power Loader, but can't find it. I did find this, though biggrin.png :

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=4775

Those Kubs ain't cheap anymore. I was checking eBay and elsewhere and it seems like the cheapest ones are around $100. There was a time that ToyNK had them for $20! I bought two sets, sold one apart from the Alien warriors, and now regret it sad.png

Have to say that I dont regret that choice of yours, nope not one bit! :P pics coming soon!

Jeff of the Miniacs