UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens and Lost in Space!

I've been playing Aliens: CM since the weekend - early copy - and sadly, the reviewers are correct. Poor graphics, VERY clunky gameplay and a confusing story. I haven't been this disappointed in a game in a looooooong time.

Bummer. :( I only put $5 down at Gamestop for it, but I'm hoping they'll let me transfer it to another game.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing Aliens: CM since the weekend - early copy - and sadly, the reviewers are correct. Poor graphics, VERY clunky gameplay and a confusing story. I haven't been this disappointed in a game in a looooooong time.

I'm waiting on my lost in the post CE version.

REviews and all have me very sad

So, I have a feeling the Alien Queen is going to be a standard 2" Minimate with bulky pieces, which made me re-think how they could approach the Power Loader.

What if the Power Loader is also a standard 2" Minimate, with a tampo'd Ripley on the chest block to make it look like she is inside the suit? The arms and legs could then be standard Minimate pieces sculpted to look like the Power Loader.

It would be in-scale with the Queen (somewhat) and not break Chuck's 2" body rule.

Here's my VERY ROUGH mock up of what I am talking about.

Ripley-PowerLoader.jpg

That would be SUPREMELY disappointing.

I understand this "2-inch Rule" when it comes to Marvel. Contractually DST only has the license for specific sizes of action figures (2-inch scale for Minimates and 7-inch scale for Marvel Select). But this ain't Marvel.

There's no reason not to be able to put a 2-inch Ripley Minimate inside an appropriately proportioned power loader. If DST can get away with making Hulkbuster and Phoenix Killer armors for Tony Stark, they can do this for Fox.

And if they really don't want to use the 2.5" body for the Alien Queen then they're just going to have to get really creative because that bitch should be huge. I want to be impressed, not disappointed.

I think the power loader will get the vehicle treatment. The Queen will have a new taller,slimmer,maybe sculpted body and a big tail to balance her amongst other sculpted stuff IMO.

I too think the Power Loader is going to be a vehicle. I have a fear the Queen may not be as big as she should be, but it's always possible like you said, slap on a zik sized (hopefully sculpted or with sculpted "jacket" part) torso, large slipover "mask" extra long "gloves" and "boots" with a long tail attachment and the 2" body might be close to scale with the additional pieces

The Kubrick Power Loader works pretty well for Minimates, and it's a separate piece. I'm not a fan of the Power Loader as a figure idea, but can imagine it happening since they've done similar things in the past (recently with that Iron Man figure).

So, I have a feeling the Alien Queen is going to be a standard 2" Minimate with bulky pieces, which made me re-think how they could approach the Power Loader.

What if the Power Loader is also a standard 2" Minimate, with a tampo'd Ripley on the chest block to make it look like she is inside the suit? The arms and legs could then be standard Minimate pieces sculpted to look like the Power Loader.

It would be in-scale with the Queen (somewhat) and not break Chuck's 2" body rule.

Here's my VERY ROUGH mock up of what I am talking about.

Ripley-PowerLoader.jpg

I like your mock-up, it's a cool idea. I wouldn't mind this along with a Minimates Vehicle Power Loader.

I have the Kubrick one and it is beautiful. It will be hard to beat though. Minimates fit perfectly inside. I have it packed away somewhere.

Aliens Minimates? Oh...oh...oh... SPUFF IN THE PANTS! HO. LY. SHOOT. I am in LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRVE!!!

On the game front, Aliens Infestation on the Nintendo DS is one of the best games I've played in years. It is incredibly reminiscent

of the Alien 3 game on the Sega Game Gear from back in the early 90's, being a side scrolling shooter, but is is incredibly exciting

and scared the pants off me in parts!

Shamrock posted this link over in the other Toy Fair thread but I thought I'd share it here. I love the battle-damaged/explodey head Xenos, and I hope we get similar in minimate form. Would at least mean there is plenty of variation to keep the line going a bit longer.

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/toy-fair-2013-neca-predator-alien-robocop-figure-images-7271/

Also, someone here mentioned new hands that hold guns properly etc. I was wondering whether people think it would be possible for us to get brand new sculpted/non articulated arms that are already attached to the gun. So we'd get a regular marine, with a regular pulse rifle, but then we get a separate accessory which is in effect 'action pose' arms with the pulse rifle in them, that make it look like the marine is aiming the gun.

Smart gun marines would probably need new arms, anyone who had the T2 sets will tell you that you can't get T800 to hold the gun properly (two handed) very easily. I always thought that he would have benefited from extra arms/hands.

Thanks for the info Dreadnok. I had no idea there was a highly rated Aliens DS game out there. . .just ordered through the Amazon affiliate link buttrock.gif

Glad to help, man! If you enjoy this game half as much as I did you will LOVE IT! Cycling through the M41 Pulse Rifle/Smart gun/flamethrower, welding doors shut, burning alien residue to clear doorways... oh, and BRICKING yourself when you crawl into an airlock and see 30 blips on the Motion Tracker, bleeping away at you... There's a whole load of great stuff I havn't mentioned, because I'd ruin the surprises of sheer 80's style side scrolling awesomeness! Enjoy, man!

It came out in 2011 and got really good reviews. I would pick it up but I can't find it anywhere here. I might try the Internet.

Honestly, if you have a DS and like Aliens it is SO INSANELY worth it! You'll be playing it well into the night, wishing you could find the willpower to pause the game to turn the lights on!

Its great, it plays just like the Metroid and Castlevania GameBoy games from the last decade.

It is fantastic, isn't it? That familiar P-R-R-R-R-T P-R-R-R-R-RT sound of the M41 A cycling through rounds, Xenomorphs screaming under the impact of explosive tipped caseless ammo!

Edited by Dreadnok Rocksteady

Yeah, I'm a guy who grew up playing the classic NES games, and Aliens is one of my top 5 movies all-time, so. . .plus, it was $10 shipped on Amazon. Can't beat that with a stick.

Same here, I was really into side scrollers on the Game Gear, like Shinobi and Robocop versus Terminator, but Alien 3 was one of my favourites. Let me know what you think when you get it!

I reckon the Power Loader will be done like the Delorian or Kitt, they'll want to make something in scale, and it would work well in the 20 to 25 bucks price range. If not, the Kubrick power loader would be just the right scale!

I was thinking a possibility for the Power Loader was to treat it like PB Iron Man. You get a Riply mate, but she comes with Power Loader pieces to add to her feet (giant boots), hands (giant pincher arms), crotch/torso (power loader cockpit). If they do massive sculpting on a 2" Queen, they should be about the same size that way. JMHO :yes: