UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens and Lost in Space!

Zach has strongly hinted at more GB Minimates, but nothing concrete yet.

I just scored one of these playsets, minus the molded figurines, for $18 on eBay...4961789553_3df73edcd0_z.jpg

I forgot I have that playset. I'll be digging that out of the closet today!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach has strongly hinted at more GB Minimates, but nothing concrete yet.

I just scored one of these playsets, minus the molded figurines, for $18 on eBay...4961789553_3df73edcd0_z.jpg

I forgot I have that playset. I'll be digging that out of the closet today!

:D I have to do the same thing now too!

Zach, another request for the ALIENS line, can we please get gunfire effect pieces that can be attached to the ends of the weapons?600px-Aliens_2007.jpg

That would be excellent! Especially with the flame-thrower. However, my biggest concern (besides how the Aliens' lanky bodies and height are addressed; I trust they'll be good based on what we've seen for "Battle Beasts" and "Halo") is that boxy 'mate bodies have never really been conducive to rifle-holding. A set of hands with the opening slit turned slightly inward (or rather the peg offset a centimeter toward the thumb) would make a world of difference. An odd request, I know, but two-handed battle-grip is an important detail for this line IMHO. Just an OCD thought.

We aren't planning a massive LiS push, it's really just a bonus for our electronic B-9 plans.

Hmmm.... what does that mean Zach? Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the world's biggest LIS Robot fans, and I'm IN (shut up and take my money) for the electronic Robot, but I'm REALLY excited for the minimates!

You thinking of one wave and done? a box set?

We aren't planning a massive LiS push, it's really just a bonus for our electronic B-9 plans.

Hmmm.... what does that mean Zach? Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the world's biggest LIS Robot fans, and I'm IN (shut up and take my money) for the electronic Robot, but I'm REALLY excited for the minimates!

I missed seeing that.

Damn, that is a bummer.

Pretty bummed to hear that Aliens: Colonial marines is getting terrible reviews, I've been looking forward to this one for quite a few years, especially since Gearbox took over development. sad.png

I'm not even close to being a gamer anymore (if it doesn't have Lego in it, I don't wanna play it!) but I'm pretty bummed for all the people like yourself that we're looking forward to this game. You'd think that in the last 20 years they could make one decent Alien game.

The one I enjoyed most was Alien vs Predator extinction on the PS2, that was great fun.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_Versus_Predator:_Extinction#section_2

Wow, lots of love for Aliens. I hope these do well, though I fear they may turn out more like Terminator (classic sci-fi movie that just doesn't have the juice to support toys so many decades later) then Ghostbusters. But, if the Aliens are cool (and the Brood makes me think they'll be cool), these should be a success. And at least you've got a recent movie to help drive up interest.

Lost in Space... well, good luck. It's a fifty-year old TV show that's better remembered for it's campiness then quality. I honestly don't think there are enough Lost in Space fans in the world to make this line fly (pun intended).

I'm excited for these, but ALIENS has stolen the announcement. Zach, can you confirm which suits we will be seeing? The casual suits:

250px-Lost_In_Space.jpg

or the Space suits:

lis03.jpg

On that note, are we getting THREE versions- or a combo from this list below?

-Casual suits in color? The deep square neck costume will go PERFECTLY on a square minimate chest. smile.png

-Space suits in color?

-Space suits in black and white like the TRU exclusive Universal Monsters set?

If yes to to the space suits, either version- I'm going to scoop them up so I can make custom Fantastic Four astronauts. Plus Robot B-9 will make for an even better H.E.R.B.I.E. to go along with my wave 48 Reed that I've converted into a 'scientist' variant with the lab coat from ASM Curt Conners. Wonder if the body type on robot will mirror that of Arnim Zola?? thumbsup.gif

For LiS, with the limited release it's getting, I'd be happy just to get the entire family.

Since there's 8 characters, I'd love to see four 5-packs (have the robot in each pack for better sales)

So, 2 packs for the color uniforms, 2 for the silver spacesuits, then throw in an extra character for the extra slot. include that monkey in an alien suit of course, maybe as a PVC accessory? Hopefully, theres at least a few different B-9 robot variations that can be made.

And of course, Will Robinson and his sister need to have the new smaller legs & arms!

So, I have a feeling the Alien Queen is going to be a standard 2" Minimate with bulky pieces, which made me re-think how they could approach the Power Loader.

What if the Power Loader is also a standard 2" Minimate, with a tampo'd Ripley on the chest block to make it look like she is inside the suit? The arms and legs could then be standard Minimate pieces sculpted to look like the Power Loader.

It would be in-scale with the Queen (somewhat) and not break Chuck's 2" body rule.

Here's my VERY ROUGH mock up of what I am talking about.

Ripley-PowerLoader.jpg

I think LiS is a cool license and all, but I can't imagine it having the retail legs to go on for very long. I would guess the vast majority of the people who would be interested in the franchise (outside of this board) would grab it as a one-off novelty rather than something to seriously start collecting. A box set or two, similar to the very successful approach they took with the Man With no Name or BTTF series, seems like it would be just right for this license.