• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alien.... Minimates...?!

FRICKING ALIEN MINIMATES?!

tumblr_m0scugsLut1r786ovo1_500.jpg

That's my best mate's 30th birthday present sorted :D

If you guys ever do Highlander minimates (even if it's a one off four pack) then I'd have minimates from three of my all time favourite films :D (the other being Ghostbusters).

Pretty sure that Hudson was my first avatar on this forum, by the way.

I remember that! But then you switched it to that weird Batman guy that you have now and abandoned your rights to Hudson. sleep.png

Zach, if ever there were a better time to bring back Army dumps...it is ALIENS! You have no idea how many of those would be purchased by us, no idea. Just make it a simple pack out of 12 Alien Warriors with alternate parts (extended jaw head).

What you want to avoid is stuff like this, that Kenner line was....ugh:

KillerCrabLoose1a.jpg

QueenFlyingLoose1a.jpg

I want all the Marines, even Wierzbowski and Crowe. Not sure how they are gonna pull off the Alien Queen though, or the Power Loader for that matter. These things defy what has been done before with Minimates.

I remember that! But then you switched it to that weird Batman guy that you have now and abandoned your rights to Hudson. sleep.png

Um, I own the copyright to use his likeness in that role without the permission of the actor or producers as an avatar on this forum. You owe me $$$ now.

Zach, why don't you get DST to go ahead and cancel Lost in Space, and then they can devote all the resources allocated to it to designing a Minimatized Alien Queen and Power Loader. Thanks.

Um, I own the copyright to use his likeness in that role without the permission of the actor or producers as an avatar on this forum. You owe me $$$ now.

Here, let me make a contribution on your behalf:

thedouchebagjar_newgirl.png

Alien Queen will be like Galactus, using a 2" body with larger parts that give it a bigger scale, but still essentially a 2" Minimate base body.

I would also be happy with the Queen being a less articulated, larger "Vehicle", that has parts sculpted to resemble a Minimate's body. Not a fully articulated Minimate (that would break Chuck's rule), but something close.

Power Loader is an easy "Vehicle" too, just something large enough to fit a 2" Minimate into, shouldn't be much trouble. The Marine APC can be similar to the M.A.X. APC that was shown a few years ago.

Police-APC_1314875538.jpg

I'm pretty exctied about these also, but I suppose I should confess I've never actually seen any of the Alien movies (yes, I'll turn in my nerd card). I did, however, watch Alien vs Predator and have to wonder if the Alien Minimate line goes well if Predator Minimates could then be a possibility.

So what would people like to see as the first wave?

I'd love to see each 2 pack as 1 human / 1 alien that way alien army building happens quickly and stock piling Marines would be super quick and easy too.

Ripley / Warrior Alien

Vasquez / Face Hugger & Eggs

Gorman / Praetorian Alien

Bishop / Damage Warrior Alien (Chase = Damaged Bishop)

Throw out an exclusive Ripley (with Flamethrower/Pulse combo) and Newt double pack.

Pack Hudson (or Gorman? Apone?) with the APC and put out the Alien Queen/Power Loader as a 2 pack of "vehicles" so they aren't constrained by size.

This way (imo) you've got a hot first wave that allows for rampant army building as the marines would surely come with enough parts to pass off dupes as random grunts and you keep enough of the key characters (Hicks, Burke etc) for a strong wave 2 too.

I dont have enough images to convey my excitement.

But god damn i'm excited.

If I had any talent I'd be photoshopping a facehugger onto the MMMV logo right now.

Done. smile.png

Dude, words cannot convey my love for you

Wow, lots of love for Aliens. I hope these do well, though I fear they may turn out more like Terminator (classic sci-fi movie that just doesn't have the juice to support toys so many decades later) then Ghostbusters. But, if the Aliens are cool (and the Brood makes me think they'll be cool), these should be a success. And at least you've got a recent movie to help drive up interest.

Lost in Space... well, good luck. It's a fifty-year old TV show that's better remembered for it's campiness then quality. I honestly don't think there are enough Lost in Space fans in the world to make this line fly (pun intended).

So what would people like to see as the first wave?

I'd love to see each 2 pack as 1 human / 1 alien that way alien army building happens quickly and stock piling Marines would be super quick and easy too.

Ripley / Warrior Alien

Vasquez / Face Hugger & Eggs

Gorman / Praetorian Alien

Bishop / Damage Warrior Alien (Chase = Damaged Bishop)

Throw out an exclusive Ripley (with Flamethrower/Pulse combo) and Newt double pack.

Pack Hudson with the APC and put out the Alien Queen/Power Loader as a 2 pack of "vehicles" so they aren't constrained by size.

This way (imo) you've got a hot first wave that allows for rampant army building as the marines would surely come with enough parts to pass off dupes as random grunts and you keep enough of the key characters (Hicks, Burke etc) for a strong wave 2 too.

Facehuggers, Chestbursters, and Eggs need to be included as acessories in each box, not take up a character slot. I would prefer a simple ALIEN Warrior 2-pack over variations of ALIENS. It all depends on what DST has a license for, if it is only the 86 film, then the ALIEN variations should be pretty limited. I do like the idea of battle damaged ALIENS, with acid splattered limbs, etc.

What I would REALLY like to see with this series are bases in each pack that resemble the ship's floor tile:

tile.jpg

Didn't Robbie the Robot guest star in one episode of Lost in Space??

Zach, does the license allow you to make Robbie the Robot?!? WANT!!!!!

The robot in Lost In Space(LIS) was known as Robot B-9 although I'm not sure anybody called him anything other than 'Robot' . The robot that starred in 'Forbidden Planet' was Robbie the Robot who also had cameos in a few other shows & movies. You knew that I guess but I'm pretty sure they never appeared in LIS together although they did appear together in this .............

I knew most of that but I confess to having just come across that youtube link.

The voices are wrong though ?

Wow, lots of love for Aliens. I hope these do well, though I fear they may turn out more like Terminator (classic sci-fi movie that just doesn't have the juice to support toys so many decades later) then Ghostbusters. But, if the Aliens are cool (and the Brood makes me think they'll be cool), these should be a success. And at least you've got a recent movie to help drive up interest.

Lost in Space... well, good luck. It's a fifty-year old TV show that's better remembered for it's campiness then quality. I honestly don't think there are enough Lost in Space fans in the world to make this line fly (pun intended).

I'm excited for these, but ALIENS has stolen the announcement. Zach, can you confirm which suits we will be seeing? The casual suits:

250px-Lost_In_Space.jpg

or the Space suits:

lis03.jpg

It would be cool if yes they were accessories in each pack, but if they threw enough in I'd forgo a character slot for them.

If memory serves Alien variations based purely on Aliens would get you Warriors, Chestbusters a Queen and arguably a Praetorian/Royal Guard (although thats heavily debatable) so yeah they'd probably have to go down the battle damaged route quite quickly.

Bases are a must as are cocooned civilians and backdrops, if DST don't do these I pray Luke will