UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens and Lost in Space!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the art asylum website it says that DST will have two panels. One exclusively for minimates and another for the rest. In the Minimate panel description it says that they'll show marvel,aliens, battle beasts,walking and a new big line. Zach did say that they had more new licences in store. Man, sdcc is going to be a great time for us Minimate fans!

Alien: Resurrection belongs in either the Alien set or as a pilot to Firefly.

I've been trying to figure what you mean. Other than the Joss Wheadon connection, what are you seeing PL?

I think he means that Alien Resurrection has more in common with Firefly than any of the previous Alien films. I don't hate it, but I don't take it very seriously either.

Although he didn't connect it at the time, Whedon's crew on The Betty in Alien Resurrection was (subconsciously) a prototype of the crew of Serenity. Now every time I watch Resurrection, I imagine Mal & company.

Check this out: http://www.fireflyfans.net/mthread.aspx?tid=7350

Then there's this little Easter egg from Firefly which is far more deliberate. It's just a fun little connection between Whedon's and Ridley Scott's projects.

Sooooo, now that the panel has come and gone, does anybody have any info. to add on how these will be packaged (two-packs, four-packs or possibly a combination of the two ala Ghostbusters) and who will be carrying them TRU, on-line, both? I expected this thread to be buzzing by now! I like what I've seen, but I was kind'a anticipating a bit more details than we've gotten.

So glad this line is more comprehensive than Lost in Space. It'd be a shame to grab this property only to offer an electronic figure of the Alien and maybe a Minimates 2-pack of an Alien and the girl. whistling.gif

C'mon now, not everything can be as hip and fresh as Thief of Thieves to warrant an entire 4-pack!

I just hope they don't blow their wad too soon with those Ripleys. They need to save the "get away from her you b!tch" (angry BD face) for a Power Loader mini-vehicle and possibly the leather jacket version for an APC (unless it comes with a Marine). This line will do well (at least as well, if not better than Ghostbusters), but I'm a bit concerned that DST will play the wait-n-see approach on the vehicles. There's three (four if they do the Queen right and package as set...with sac and eggs please!) vehicles just ripe for Minimatizing: Dropship (w/ Bishop or Ferro), APC (w/Ripley or Marine), and Power loader (w/ Ripley), but only about 4-6 waves (depending on whether these are 2 or 4 packs...and if we're getting a full line including minors like Ferro, Spunkmeyer, Crowe, etc.). Inserting these between series will require a lot of forethought.

Sooo... i don't mean to be a wet blanket, but the prototypes shown at CC had a "no photography" sign clearly posted, and Zach asked very politely at the panel for no photos of the Aliens control art he showed, either. I'm pretty sure nobody here took these photos, but we're still publishing them, and as such are just as complicit in breaking that embargo as Toyark. So, yeah, yay journalism and free speech and all, but we've developed a somewhat privileged relationship with Zach as far as scoops go, and I would hate to endanger that.

Just saying.

I agree with Lobby, having said that, I like that the kid limbs are in affect and I think the Alien with the mouth tounge is pretty sweet

IMO It's a tricky line to walk with the pictures.

I would agree that we should respect DSTs request and I'd If been at the show I would have not taken pictures.

If Zach asked us to take them down we probably would.

However once the horse has bolted there's no point in shutting the stable door, these pictures are out in the wild and given that this happens saved on a bunch of hard drives.

T.

While I understand the "no pictures," I appreciate them as someone who couldn't make it to SDCC. For my own personal recollection, I would have likes to have gotten a pic of the prototype alien Zach showed at C2E2. I thought that looked spectacular, and I know it made me both appreciate the line and deaign more and really got me more excited for the mates! :yes:

I asked Toy Ark to take them down, and they did. They're very nice over there.

http://news.toyark.com/2013/07/21/sdcc-2013-diamond-select-toys-aliens-tomb-raider-ghostbusters-battle-beasts-and-other-minimates-97820

If the same could be done here, that would be great. Look at them in private, please.

Anyone who can PM me the source of those panel slides, let me know.