UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens and Lost in Space!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sold off my Kubrick Alien stuff. If this deal falls through, I'll be an unhappy camper. Lost in Space is a favorite from early after school TV. Dr. Smith in Minimate form? Heck yes! Also, curious to see Robot done in this medium.

I'm dying to see the Robot in minimate form! I'm actually worried that DST is going to go all Munsters on us and just give us one character and a vehicle!

Shogi, great design work! I don't see them spending the money on ball jointed tails but I'd love to be wrong! Pics just can't come soon enough!!

Questions for Zach:

Aliens:

1) Is the license just for James Cameron's Aliens, or does it include Ridley Scott's Alien, or Alien 3 or Resurrection? I'd love to eventually get some of the Ridley Scott Alien crewmembers!

2) Will this be both a Specialty and TRU release, or will it be exclusive to one or the other? And if shared, will the waves be shared or unique to each market?

3) Any timeframe you can share with us for release date and possibly pics? Will we get pics a significant time before SDCC? And the in-store ETA - Summer 2013 or Fall 2013??

Lost In Space - same questions as above about TRU/Specialty, ETA, but mainly I want to know if we can expect more than just one character with a vehicle. I know you said it will be limited in scope, but I just want to know if we're going to at least get Dr Smith, Will Robinson, and most importantly, The Robot in Minimate form!

Zach, another quick question. I know you can't show pictures, but can you at least explain what DST's plans for the Alien Queen and Power Loader are currently? Are they going to be standard 2" sized Minimates, or larger 'vehicle' sized toys? I ask because people are in speculation mode and could spend a lot of money on the Minimate compatible Kubricks, but some clarification from DST could potentially save that money.

Again, not asking for pix or anything, just some clarification on how you plan to handle those 2 specific items.

While some prototypes exist, development is fairly early on both, but as far as I know:

- Lost in Space Minimate vehicles are not planned at this time. LiS Minimates in general will be more of an ancillary product to the main reason we got the license: making a big, cool B-9 robot. So I'm not sure how many there will be, and they will probably be specialty-only, but we'll see.

- Aliens Minimates will, ideally, be at both TRU and specialty, but I do not know if that is definite, or how they will be shared. No idea how big the Loader and Queen will be, or how they will be packaged, or if they will be exclusive. And it's just "Aliens" for now.

I assume we want to get product out by fall, so I hope we'll show stuff well before SDCC. I will share pics when I have approved pics to share.

Oh, and feel free to Ask DST these things and see what Chuck says. He needs letters! Almost at 200 Ask DSTs!

Zach, another quick question. I know you can't show pictures, but can you at least explain what DST's plans for the Alien Queen and Power Loader are currently? Are they going to be standard 2" sized Minimates, or larger 'vehicle' sized toys? I ask because people are in speculation mode and could spend a lot of money on the Minimate compatible Kubricks, but some clarification from DST could potentially save that money.

Again, not asking for pix or anything, just some clarification on how you plan to handle those 2 specific items.

Give us a break yb .....I didn't buy umpteen kubrick powerloader sets cheap at big $$ in the hope that some suckers maybe fellow members would buy them off me if the Aliens licence came through only to see a Minimate powerloader being announced dry.png

Anyone else remember the SNL spoof of Aliens called "Alienses"? The SNL cast as marines were huddled facing the door with Sigourney Weaver watching the aliens get closer and closer on the tracking device. They are yelling the classic lines from the movie like "Game Over, man" as they prepare for the onslaught. The door opens and they all open fire.

A cheap rubber E.T. tumbles out of the door, dead.

So stupid but it makes me laugh.

I'm gonna say that it'll be next year about this time before we're able to buy Aliens and Lost in Space Minimates. Something about the development of these makes me think it's going to take longer – each for different reasons – but it'll be well worth the wait.

Anyone else remember the SNL spoof of Aliens called "Alienses"? The SNL cast as marines were huddled facing the door with Sigourney Weaver watching the aliens get closer and closer on the tracking device. They are yelling the classic lines from the movie like "Game Over, man" as they prepare for the onslaught. The door opens and they all open fire.

A cheap rubber E.T. tumbles out of the door, dead.

So stupid but it makes me laugh.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbu053_sigourney-weaver-in-alienses_fun#.USRQLsXLSSo

Lovitz does a pretty dang good Reiser impression :lol:

Give us a break yb .....I didn't buy umpteen kubrick powerloader sets cheap at big $$ in the hope that some suckers maybe fellow members would buy them off me if the Aliens licence came through only to see a Minimate powerloader being announced dry.png

So...how much are you asking for a set, asks this sucker fellow member? smile.png

Accessory Wishlist for each Aliens wave:

Chestburster done similar to the guts on Walking dead, so any minimate can utilize this piece!

Facehugger "clip-on", so it can be used on any minimate (Spiderman, etc! This'll be fun!)

Eggs. I want the free-standing face-hugger nest-eggs, and lots of them!

Let's face it, a TON of us here are buying multiples, and I'm certain DST will go the route of WD and pack one human with one alien in each 2-pack. These are accessories that I would love to have a pile of, and if each alien pack got one of these in each wave, I'd be thrilled. And if I were debating on buying *another* extra 2-pack while I'm browsing at the store, thses would easily push me to buy every time!

Okay, if I were to bite on a Kubrick power loader, what would be an appropriate/reasonable price? I saw one go for $50+ shipped and I see "complete" sets for almost $250. EvilBay prices, of course.

I will need to abstain from any discussion about powerloader prices . The set includes the powerloader, 3 ordinary size Aliens ,one big mutha ,4 eggs & Ripley ,the packaging is huge & excessive . I mention this because shipping the set packaged will cost a lot of unnecessary expenditure whilst most people will inevitably ditch the Ripley kubrick & probably the 3 'ordinaries' .

Buying the powerloader loose ( by itself) could seem expensive but the seller will be left with a three-legged racehorse. Just saying.

I've got the "1979 Kenner" style single Kubrick Alien that they put out. It's super cool.

While that one was based on an Alien, not AlienS", figure... I can't help but still want one of those as a Minimate.

I really look forward to army building the basic ol' "alien".

Edited by Mystery Man

GAAK , I keep popping in here to spy pics of the LIS stuff, I may be out of the game more or less but the B-9 is gonna be a must have item I would think. and Dr. Smith, er, and Wil.....

I really , really hope they go with second season outfits, those silver jobbers never did it for me..

Edited by BannersID

Oh Wiseheadsmate,

Could ye at least comment on the original price, if not that of the current market?

Much thanks on ye and yours

Six of Onyx

I'm actually not sure how much they were originally but I'm pretty sure it was over $100 .

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=4982

EDIT: Current seller UK ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-ALIENS-Movie-Film-Kubrick-Powerloader-Figure-Box-Set-V-COOL-/230930200247?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item35c48336b7

I reckon that's cheap !

Edited by buttheadsmate

I think the 2.5 height limit is strictly for the Marvel license. Although DST/AA seem reluctant to resurrect the 3" bodies for perhaps aesthetic reasons? At any rate, they have been able to do cool stuff with plus-sized appendages/legs/etc to really "stretch" the 2.5 buck, so I'm just going to assume awesomeness however they decide to design the Queen.