UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens and Lost in Space!

Wowza Zach, that is a heap ton of awesome information right there, thank you very much!

One last question, do you think you guys will expand this to the new game coming out? or are you just using the games publicity as a launching point?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure we had an Aliens movie THAT recently

Prometheus came out last year and is a direct prequel that resparked insterest in the franchise. I guess that blows my question out of the water about the Prometheus license. :/

I'm great with an ALIENS licence it gives us the basic Alien, The Queen, Pods and Face Huggers. There is from my memory only 2 other types shown on screen the animal type

from Alien 3 which could prob be done with a limb swap by customisers and whatever the one from the end of Resurrection is, which looks crappy anyway.

As for Promethicrap please don't spoil the licence with that stain.

Zach, give Chuck a HUUUGE hug for me! (And make it a good one. Don't embarrass me.)

I'll take Minimates from any installment of the Alien franchise, from Prometheus through Resurrection. Thanks. cool.png

Since the Narcissus shows up in the beginning of Aliens, any chance we'll get that ship soon or is it better left as a vehicle for the inevitable Alien assortment?

Speaking of vehicles, PLEASE check out what Galoob did with the Alien/Aliens ships in their toy line. The bar has been set pretty high for a small-scale vehicle like the APC or Narcissus.

And is the plan for Lost in Space to offer them as two 4-packs and a vehicle (as with Peter Pan) or are you going to be a little more ambitious and expand beyond the main cast to some of the aliens as well?

Started to multiquote everything but gave up after a while.

Squeee! DST delivers yet again!

My personal wishlist includes:

Ripley with copious amounts of accessories

Newt

Lt. Vasquez

And a Power Loader!!!

You're getting wishes granted all over the place! I've seen three of those concepts, and two of those prototypes.

Incredible! smile.png Thanks again for the insider information. This will put some pep in my step as I'm digging myself out of my home this morning (Nemo)...I'm going to have to make my wishes a bit more ambitious since I seem to be on some sort of streak here tongue.png

Edited by pumpkinpatch

I love the idea of Lost in Space - Minimate versions of the Robinsons and their robot would be spectacular - though I could really give-or-take the chimpanzee with werewolf ears from the original show. I'm glad it's not the reimagined version of the show. Better yet, mini-versions of the Chariot, Jupiter 2 and flying pod would be great. I'll be disappointed if this goes the way the Munsters did and we get a Dr. Smith mate with a vehicle and no other cast.

As for Aliens - another great license to explore with a lot of Marines and aliens to fill out sets, but it won't be complete without the APC, Power Loader and Drop ship. I can actually see 2 APC's - a battle damaged APC variant with Ripley driving and another "clean" version with Bishop

Prometheus came out last year and is a direct prequel that resparked insterest in the franchise. I guess that blows my question out of the water about the Prometheus license. :/

You beat me to it!

So, did anyone else end up rewatching (or watching for the first time) Aliens last night? smile.png

So, did anyone else end up rewatching (or watching for the first time) Aliens last night? smile.png

For reference, anyone who hasn't seen the film, while all versions are bloody fantastic, the Directors Cut / more prevalent Blu ray version is by far the best version of the film.

I may rewatch the whole quadrilogy. Funny thing is my daughters are familiar with Lost in Space because of the family-friendly movie but they've never seen any of the Alien films. My youngest hasn't even heard of it and she's eight. My 20-year-old son has no excuse.

Well that's a hard offer to pass up from either of you. Just let me know what you need for them yb and I'm sure I could find them time to watch them.

Boxed the DVD set up today, will mail it on Monday. thumbsup.gif

You (and Dr. k80) rock! And I admit, i remembered this morning I have watched Alien once years ago. Actually, I started and fell asleep 5 minutes in and didn't wake up until the credits. I think that's why I've never gone back and watched it again. Same story with Star Trek The Motion Picture. And League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. And that Ang Lee Hulk movie. I guess who needs sleep medicine when there's SciFi available, right?

Edited by groundhog7s

You (and Dr. k80) rock! And I admit, i remembered this morning I have watched Alien once years ago. Actually, I started and fell asleep 5 minutes in and didn't wake up until the credits. I think that's why I've never gone back and watched it again. Same story with Star Trek The Motion Picture. And League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. And that Ang Lee Hulk movie. I guess who needs sleep medicine when there's SciFi available, right?

I did the same thing with Alien way back in the day, I thought it was slow and boring. I went back and rewatched it as a teenager and was surprised at the amount of suspense the movie had. At that time I felt Aliens was an ok movie, I dug the Aliens and that was about it. I recently watched both movies again.....Alien has the 70's slowly building up pace that I don't think any child or teenager now would be able to sit through, but I thought it was better than even my Teenager self thought about it & Aliens....well yeah, there was a lot I missed when I saw it in the 90's apparently, It's great, I'm going to have to watch it again tomorrow :)

Actually, I started and fell asleep 5 minutes in and didn't wake up until the credits. I think that's why I've never gone back and watched it again. Same story with Star Trek The Motion Picture. And League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. And that Ang Lee Hulk movie. I guess who needs sleep medicine when there's SciFi available, right?

I did this with 2001. I saw the monkey flip a bone and then woke to the credits. Never went back either.

Man, I really hope Prometheus isn't off the table. I don't care if you liked it or not, there's no denying the movie had some awesome character designs

FBFX-portfolio-PROM1.jpg

YES! Especially Shaw :wub: Edited by Onyx_6

There are two specific items that need to be in the Aliens line:

Facehugger slip-over mask/hairpiece

Chestburtser chest piece

I do hope the Aliens themselves are as sculpted as the Battle Beasts or at least Brood figures were

I hope the facehugger piece is more like Morg's or Heihachi's hair piece, that attaches at the neck. It would make sense since they wrap their tails around the huggie's neck.

Chestbuster could/should be done a la "Guts" Zombie.

And as for sculpted parts, the only deal breaker for me would be the lack of an elongated head on the warriors. I think, if DST does not do a fully sculpted head or slip-cover mask, a "hair" piece similar to Frankenstein's Bride would be acceptable.

Aliens! :woot:

DST has been going crazy with sculpts of traditionally unsculpted parts with the Walking Dead line.

'Standard' parts like arms, heads & legs that would normally have slip on pieces to show sculpting have recently been resculted specifically for single figures.

I'd be unsurprised if we saw this continue with the Aliens products. Sculpted Chest-burster pieces, rather than the traditional 'sip-on' pieces, etc...

I'd be pretty happy with some sculpts incorporated, but i think i still definitely want to see separate pieces for things like Face-huggers. I plan on using a lot of my older minimates as hugger-fodder if DST does make them as a stand-alone piece.

Brain fart. Yeah, we aren't making Prometheus figures, we're making Aliens figures. Aliens was a 1986 movie that resparked interest in aliens.

very nice. I think the two essentials are Newt and Hudson. Please make sure Newt is made if you're going to do all the marines.

I think we all remember the Kenner toys, Drake was my fave.

Zach, Is it possible Paul Resier could be made? And if that's possible, could DST ever get the rights to maybe Cast Away, Twister, or The Sessions?

i'm just thinking out loud.

poster.jpg

and ya, we all want an Alien army, Cylon style

*ps- Paul Reiser played Carter Burke in Aliens. I think his minimate would shine like Dr Janosz Poha

Newt is the first Minimate design I saw. Not sure when we'll get to Burke, but I certainly want one.

Zach, ever think you'd be fielding roundabout Mad About You requests?laugh.png

I've never been a big Reiser fan, but he's really good in Aliens. He brings a real humanity to the corporate slimeball role.

Oh, almost forgot: NEWT!!!!!

Edited by hellpop