UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens and Lost in Space!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world would they get LiS? Does anyone even remember that show, let alone like it?!

Well, given that we've had some discussion between a few of us referencing specific episodes, I'd say a few of us remember it. It was also well known enough that a few people had guessed it as the "space" license in the speculation thread. While it may not be everyone here's cup of tea, there's a fairly large chunk of people who grew up watching this show on a daily basis. That plus the fact that it's got a whole bunch of really fun designs, which I think will translate really well to mates. I do think there's a slightly larger fan base for LiS than there is for the Munsters.

Fun fact for the LiS detractors a lot of people grew up with the show, I mentioned it in passing to my Dad when I saw him earlier, he wants some for his retirement mancave. Thats a man who hasn't ever bought a Minimate nor a figure for as long as I can remember.

Much like Munsters, theres a market.

Fun fact for the LiS detractors a lot of people grew up with the show, I mentioned it in passing to my Dad when I saw him earlier, he wants some for his retirement mancave. Thats a man who hasn't ever bought a Minimate nor a figure for as long as I can remember.

Much like Munsters, theres a market.

Now if we can only get the rest of the Munsters!

Joshua, I will send you DVDs of these movies if need-be, but you must see them. Try to forget as much as you can about the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad AVP movies and be prepared to have your mind blown by the awesomeness of Alien and Aliens.

As for alien variants, you could do blue and brown variants (since they look different in different lighting, etc.). You can also have battle damaged variants. But apart from that, I agree that you are fairly limited with what you can do unless the license is expanded beyond the film.

Some ideas:

Wave 1

Ripley with leather jacket/Apone

Hudson (alternate "game over" head)/Vasquez

blue alien/Burke

variant blue alien/cocooned Burke

Wave 2

Hicks/Crowe (or one of the other lesser Marines)

Gorman (alternate bandaged head)/Ferro (using Minimate Max parts)

brown alien/Bishop

variant brown alien/battle damaged Bishop

Wave 3

Dirty, angry, no jacket Ripley (some variation of this would be released with the power loader)/Newt

Frost/Drake

battle damaged blue alien/Wierzbowski

variant battle damaged blue alien/Spunkmeyer

Perfection. Well, we'd need the Queen and Newt. Instead of cocooned Burke, I'd prefer cocooned "Kill me" guy. Seeing what DST has done with Walking Dead, I think they could make that guy look amazing.

I'm not sure I've actually seen an episode of Lost in Space either. See what I'm talking about here? It's not exactly a super-strong franchise.

I'm glad that, if DST could only get the license for one movie, it's Aliens and not Alien. While I like the first one well enough, it's basically just a monster movie with sci-fi trappings (and yes, it's a good one). But Aliens is one of the best sci-fi movies ever made. Might have to watch it tonight.

Just a monster movie with sci-fi trappings? Aliens is one of the best sci-fi movies ever, sure, but Alien is better. As a movie. But I'm with you: if it was one or the other, the right choice was made. There's a lot of potential here. I am very, very excited.

.....& I'll get the LIS for the robot & hopefully the chariot ,but I'm totally sure I'll army build that creepy pedophile doctor .......Oh the pain the pain !

Ady does your dad drink ? Maybe he & I can hang out in the 'cave wink.png

I have every belief you two would get on like a house on fire.

What did i set up / miss?

I think Alien is one of the best sci fi films, and best horror films there ever was. I think of Aliens, first and foremost, as an action movie. The sciency fiction part of it all is more important to the story of Alien IMO.

Now this is exciting news!! I must confess that I haven't been coming around much lately as my 'mate-collecting has waned a bit, but Aliens?!? Oh, I'm back in a big way! Lost in Space is a pleasant surprise as well.

I can understand a few folks' reservations about LiS, but it has been aired for ages and has a decent fan-base. I think these will translate quite nicely in MM form and that Chariot just screams MM vehicle! A landing-pod would be nice too, but do not forget to include a few of the funky aliens as they are an essential part of the shows' appeal.

And then there's the big news...Aliens. What can I say other than if any movie, show, etc. were tailor-made for army-building "dumpers" this is it! A good amount of characters with reusable parts from a highly recognizable franchise= win. It doesn't hurt that it coincides with a video game release. Get these into retail in a timely manner and watch sales soar. The "power-loader" and "APC" (must seat at least 4-6 'mates though...don't cheap-out DST!) are no-brainers for mini-vehicle release. I will personally buy the Hell out of this line. I'd still like to see a box-set or two in the near future for "Alien", but this will do...for now. Secure the Predator license too, and watch me back-flip like a wind-up monkey!

Lost In Space, eh? That's a definite pass for me.

Aliens is a cool suprise. I'm not an Aliens fan by any means but I'd pick up a few Aliens to display. My X-men can fight them instead of the Brood now. Hopefully this leads to Aliens vs. Predator or just Predator down the road.

I'm hoping the Tomb Raiders and Invincibles license news included Minimates.

There are two specific items that need to be in the Aliens line:

Facehugger slip-over mask/hairpiece

Chestburtser chest piece

After that everything else will be bonus :)

I do hope the Aliens themselves are as sculpted as the Battle Beasts or at least Brood figures were

Alien is superb & if you haven't seen it then see it before we get Alien Minimates because there are some great moments that a few well-sculpted minimates would spoil.

There are two specific items that need to be in the Aliens line:

Facehugger slip-over mask/hairpiece

Chestburtser chest piece

After that everything else will be bonus smile.png

I do hope the Aliens themselves are as sculpted as the Battle Beasts or at least Brood figures were

laugh.png

No offence meant but 'Chestburster' is perhaps the most misspelled kubrick ever made . Did I mention that Medicom produced the kubricks donkey's years ago ? wink.png I'm really looking forward to the superior Minimates.

Edited by buttheadsmate

There is a Pathfinder comic, and books, but the movie is I believe unrelated. We made plush goblins for the RPG, but plan to do more. :)

Lost in Space! Is old news!

Just sayin... ;)

Astronaut's?

Calling it... duh duh duh...., LOST IN SPACE!

To be fair, someone also guessed Aliens. Once people guess things correctly, I kinda lose interest in the guessing game

Ooohhh, my guess of Aliens was right although youbastards gets credit for first guessing Alien and Lobsterman four guessing Aliens characters.

Pete wins for first guessing Lost in Space.

Stop your grinnin and drop your linen! This is the most amazing news in all of ever (well almost). I can't say what I will do with Lost in Space I will have to see them first. But ALIENS!!!!!!!! This is in my top 3 things that I wanted minimated (along with SW and MOTU) After SW, Aliens is my favorite Sci-fi movie of all time! Oh boy I can't wait to see this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only wonder what the exclusives for the Aliens line would be? More than likely all the battle damaged versions.... ala dismembered Bishop.

I care not how they break it all up, but IMO the main way this could go wrong is if it's too difficult to keep the Marines outnumbered by the Aliens.

If they can get the Pred lisence too, oooooh my!

Started to multiquote everything but gave up after a while.

Didn't Robbie the Robot guest star in one episode of Lost in Space??

Zach, does the license allow you to make Robbie the Robot?!? WANT!!!!!

No, I believe RObbie is not included in any LiS license, being an otherwise owned guest star.

Squeee! DST delivers yet again!

My personal wishlist includes:

Ripley with copious amounts of accessories

Newt

Lt. Vasquez

And a Power Loader!!!

You're getting wishes granted all over the place! I've seen three of those concepts, and two of those prototypes.

Zach, if ever there were a better time to bring back Army dumps...it is ALIENS! You have no idea how many of those would be purchased by us, no idea. Just make it a simple pack out of 12 Alien Warriors with alternate parts (extended jaw head).

No talk of army dumps, but jaw and tongue placement alone would make for plenty of variations on the warrior alien.

I want all the Marines, even Wierzbowski and Crowe. Not sure how they are gonna pull off the Alien Queen though, or the Power Loader for that matter. These things defy what has been done before with Minimates

Zach, why don't you get DST to go ahead and cancel Lost in Space, and then they can devote all the resources allocated to it to designing a Minimatized Alien Queen and Power Loader. Thanks.

I think we've already designed the queen.

Power Loader is an easy "Vehicle" too, just something large enough to fit a 2" Minimate into, shouldn't be much trouble. The Marine APC can be similar to the M.A.X. APC that was shown a few years ago.

Police-APC_1314875538.jpg

It IS similar!

Wow, lots of love for Aliens. I hope these do well, though I fear they may turn out more like Terminator (classic sci-fi movie that just doesn't have the juice to support toys so many decades later) then Ghostbusters. But, if the Aliens are cool (and the Brood makes me think they'll be cool), these should be a success. And at least you've got a recent movie to help drive up interest.

Lost in Space... well, good luck. It's a fifty-year old TV show that's better remembered for it's campiness then quality. I honestly don't think there are enough Lost in Space fans in the world to make this line fly (pun intended).

Not sure we had an Aliens movie THAT recently, but there's also a big Colonial Marines video game hitting stores any day now.

We aren't planning a massive LiS push, it's really just a bonus for our electronic B-9 plans.

Minimate Dropship please?

You got it.

very nice. I think the two essentials are Newt and Hudson. Please make sure Newt is made if you're going to do all the marines.

I think we all remember the Kenner toys, Drake was my fave.

Zach, Is it possible Paul Resier could be made? And if that's possible, could DST ever get the rights to maybe Cast Away, Twister, or The Sessions?

i'm just thinking out loud.

poster.jpg

and ya, we all want an Alien army, Cylon style

*ps- Paul Reiser played Carter Burke in Aliens. I think his minimate would shine like Dr Janosz Poha