UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got these today, I actually wanted to pass, but I wanted to actually get something this time. My TRU hasn't gotten anything since wave 3 WD which had its exclusives picked through so still don't have those. Having said that, I really like Logan with the tank top and the jacket. Did every set have to have Logan? I have 5 more Wolverines now... :( haha

I got two ninjas if you were trying to figure out the math ;)

Gah!!! Just got my order of the exclusives from tru.com. They sent me Ninja yukio and...another damned Yashida. I didn't want him to begin with, and now I have god damned 2 of them. And to top it all off, the only reason I ordered both exclusives was to save on shipping on Harada. Who I didn't get.

EDIT: Okay, I was able to my nearest TRU, who had the wave in stock and let me do an exchange. They still took almost 20 minutes to very simple task, but I'm just glad it's all done.

Edited by Glantern

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute here wait...

So Wolverine 2 got a TRU wave, but Thor 2's TRU wave got cancelled!?

What complete and utter bullcrap!

I haven't been paying attention to minimates as much lately (started a new full time job a couple months ago, I haven't been paying as much attention to anything lately) and I wasn't even aware Wolverine got a TRU wave til now...

This just makes me EXTRA irritated that Thor 2 got canceled... I feel like the Wolverine movie didn't have many characters/looks we NEEDED minimates for. And Frankly Silver Samurai is the one I'd have been MOST excited for and we still didn't even get him (as usual with the big surprise end-of-movie villains... grumble grumble)

I remember being so relieved that we were getting the other two warriors three FOR SURE this time... and then we didn't. >_< Thor 2 got screwed!

FANDRAL AND HOGUN OR WE RIOT!

(Kind of off-topic, sorry, lol...)

Its my fault for even mentioning the Thor TRU assortment, before I knew it was a no-go. Sorry to set everyone up for disappointment. I'm happy TRU gave us more Wolverine, although I wish we'd gotten the reference we needed. Still some great Minimates.

Edited by DSTZach

Rock and a Hard Place, Zach. I would of loved to have the non-robot silver samurai Shingen, with a slip on helmet and an alternate hair peice insted of Mariko's fiancée right? (guy in the grey) or any form of Yashida, young or old.

YB do customs!!

• 1 month later...

I don't want a blu-ray, I shouldn't have to buy one. Blu-ray really isn't a superior format. It's slower and more cumbersome, but just makes people go "Ooh, pretty." Given the half life of it it's essentially dead already anyways. The industry predicted that DVDs wouldn't be made after 2011 anyways. The DVD will outlive the blu-ray.

Anyways,

was anyone else really shocked and confused when Mariko didn't die? Here we have this perfect foreshadowing with the bear, poisoned arrow and Logan having to kill it, his guilt of killing Jean, slowly falling in love with Mariko, healing his heart, and then Mariko is poisoned by (Madame) Viper. And here he goes again, having to kill the woman he loves. And then fast forward 2 years later, about the same time he was brooding over Jean. And he's got Yukio to keep him company and watch his back.

But what happens? Mariko is alive! Love forever! But he doesn't stay, because...? There is literally NO reason for him NOT to stay, especially when the next scene says "Two Years Later." Why was he not just in Japan for 2 years?

I was just confused and disappointed. It was perfectly foreshadowed and set up.

I would also have liked it to be a tiny bit more inclusive (Hail Hydra, we got the plans from Stark, i'm the second best archer in the world, ect) but I'm not going to fault the movie for what it may have been unable to legally do. It was so close to perfect anyways.

And this was an actual conversation.

me: The Wolverine was SO GOOD! It put Wolverine Origins to shame and made you forget it exists.

sister's boyfriend: I Liked Wolverine Origins better.

me: But... it was stupid. Like, really stupid.

S'BF: Yeah, but The Wolverine had Jean in a nightie.

me: Right,, but... W:O was stupid.

S'BF: Well, I'll take putiry over stupidity any day.

me: ...

I mean, props for moral standards, man. Glad you're dating my sister. But jeeze. "Not sleezy" is never reason enough to forgive "Unforgivably stupid" in my book.

Well if he isn't a fan of comics and just goes to movies because they look good, then it's a different take...I saw the Counselor and didn't really care for it, but the scene with Cameron and the car made me feel like I didn't completely waste my money... (and other things)...same thing...? No. Anyway Dino, I'm glad you liked it, I had no expectations after hating Origins and left really pleased and also craving the minimates, to bad it took months to get them, but for you there available now! Enjoy!

Zach would DST have made the Samurai? Instead of the dude in the grey suit if they could change things? You had Tomb Raider planned before this came out...

Just kinda curious about this, is there anything you really would've changed about these 'Mates, Zach? Personally, I love almost all the ones you made for the movie, I think it got out a bulk of the cast plus some awesome Wolverine looks. But I definitely would've made Shingen in the samurai armor, or maybe just given him a few samurai pieces to place over the suit (much like he did at the end). Past that, I think we got a REALLY nice movie wave. Got almost all the main cast and like I've said before that's why I love getting the movie 'Mates over what most other companies put out because you guys always get a great bulk of the main cast out there, I love it! But now I'm just rambling haha Is there any different looks or characters you'd have picked for this wave?

I desperately want a classic Silver Samurai, so hopefully people will keep asking for him. I'm sure we'll make him eventually, though. Has anybody customized one using a Tomb Raider Storm Guard yet? I searched, but I haven't seen one, and I'm kind of surprised. Maybe now that they've started to turn up at TRU...

And the only thing I would have changed is maybe a different Viper costume, and a more accurate Shingen. Everybody else works for me!

So this has been confusing me since I saw the movie:

Is Jean supposed to be a representation of Wolverine’s guilt over killing a married woman he knew for 3 months OR was it the actual factual phoenix force talking to him from beyond the grave? (with her leaving through the white light at the end either representing his putting his guilt to rest or her leaving to go resurrect in a future sequel)

I know it doesn’t change the movie one way or another, I’m just not sure how to read the scenes.

So this has been confusing me since I saw the movie:

Is Jean supposed to be a representation of Wolverine’s guilt over killing a married woman he knew for 3 months OR was it the actual factual phoenix force talking to him from beyond the grave? (with her leaving through the white light at the end either representing his putting his guilt to rest or her leaving to go resurrect in a future sequel)

I know it doesn’t change the movie one way or another, I’m just not sure how to read the scenes.

I read it as a manifestation of his guilt.

Scott and Jean were married?

Does it matter? Even if they weren’t does it change the fact she and Scott were at least at one point in love and had been for several years, where as she met Wolverine in “X-Men” and she dies at the end of “X2” and it’s implied Logan spent much of the time between the two movies driving around trying to figure out his past only stopping by the mansion now and then to say hi to Rogue and check in with the Prof...

So if it makes it more accurate I’ll rephrase it:

"Is Jean supposed to be a representation of Wolverine’s guilt over killing a woman in a long term relationship he knew for three or so years on and off depending on the gap between X1 and X2 (which couldn’t be more than 3 years since the X-kids are still in school as it opens with a school trip) and it should be noted it was mostly off since it’s implied by Rogue’s reaction to his return in X2 he’s rarely at the mansion OR was it the actual factual phoenix force talking to him from beyond the grave?