UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

harada comes with a ninja head? and is the tru logan different at all from the lcs version? (a la Mk 42 iron man?)

Yes, Harada has a ninja head and a bow and arrows. Black Suit Logan with Mariko is the same as Black Suit Logan with Ninja. Street Fight Wolvie and Shingen should also be the same at both.

Zach, not that I'm criticizing, just some genuine curiosity, but was there a particular reasoning behind having Shingen be the only shared supporting character between LCS and TRU? I personally felt the character was rather forgettable and the resulting minimate is a tad on the boring side. Was he more prominent in early drafts of the script?

Well, technically the ninja is also shared between LCS and TRU, but we didn't get to read the script. We based the line off of what was in the public. We did not receive reference (or see the coolest trailers) until it was much too late to change anything, and some early Minimate designs were actually rejected. Sorry he disappoints, we truly did our best.

Well, technically the ninja is also shared between LCS and TRU, but we didn't get to read the script. We based the line off of what was in the public. We did not receive reference (or see the coolest trailers) until it was much too late to change anything, and some early Minimate designs were actually rejected. Sorry he disappoints, we truly did our best.

I keep forgetting about the ninja. Thanks for giving some insight on the process of picking characters. The reasoning behind Shingen makes sense now. For the record, I don't think he's disappointing, just a bit on the boring side, which is in no way Diamond's fault. One slightly boring minimate in a set with 10 really cool ones is by no means a failure!

The jumbled mess of a "Product Description" on each set details the whole wave along with UPC numbers, which you can match up with that of each set listing under "Additional Info". The two exclusive sets do appear to have sold out after verifying numbers.

ARRRGHHHH

FUTRU.gifFUTRU.gif

The jumbled mess of a "Product Description" on each set details the whole wave along with UPC numbers, which you can match up with that of each set listing under "Additional Info". The two exclusive sets do appear to have sold out after verifying numbers.

Well I missed out this time around but at least I know now so next time I can figure out which sets are the ones I'm looking for. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

As much garbage as I talk about TRU, I'll give credit where credit is due. Finally found something new, (a case of The Wolverine), tonight. Two each of the Ninja Yukio/Yukon Wolvie & Prisoner Wolvie/Harada packs per. As a heads up, these were in the action figure section on a Hasbro Wolverine peg instead of the new Minimates section.

As much garbage as I talk about TRU, I'll give credit where credit is due. Finally found something new, (a case of The Wolverine), tonight. Two each of the Ninja Yukio/Yukon Wolvie & Prisoner Wolvie/Harada packs per. As a heads up, these were in the action figure section on a Hasbro Wolverine peg instead of the new Minimates section.

Awesome news, pk13! To help facilitate the search, do you mind saying where in the US you are located?

Oh man, I hope these are easy to find...I defiantly want a couple sets of this wave. And of course the day before I am to set up my 10th Anniversary of Marvel Minimates museum show new TRU stuff pops up to make my OCD kick in on how the show won't be a complete collection lol

Jeff of the Miniacs