UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like at least 3 female characters that play relatively big parts & have reasonably unique looks (Yukio, Viper & Mariko) . . . which seems like a whole lotta lady for one wave (especially if TRU is picking these up with the hopes that little boys will go nuts for 'em)

Guess i'm just thinking out loud/on screen... but i hope we get to see all these characters make the wave and not get cut (excuse the pun) in favour of too many Logan variants.

I think we're making at LEAST one look for each of the three female characters. They each wear multiple looks. Still plenty of room for Logan.

And I don't know if TRU particularly cares about women in the assortment. WE do, but as long as they're not the heavy pack, we're game.

Eh, believe it or not, she's actually not my cup of tea. Sure, cool Minimate, but she's like Yoko from Kill Bill. A 'Lets just get this over with' fight sequence. Maybe it's that I'm just not that excited for this movie after that last piece of trash.

Do you mean "Gogo"? I'd love a Gogo Yubari Minimate!

And by "last piece of trash," do you mean X-Men Origins: Wolverine? I assume you don't mean X-Men First Class, and while it's not perfect, I enjoy the last Wolverine movie for what it is. Far more than "Green Lantern," anyway.

I think we're making at LEAST one look for each of the three female characters. They each wear multiple looks.

Zach . . . wub.png . You always know just what to say.

Hopefully they're the looks everybody wants. We had a tough time getting reference, and while the new art looks great, the designs are locked, as far as I know.

hey Zach, I dont know if its too soon to tell, but any chance you know what kind of claws Wolverine will be getting? will they be the Brood Wolverine ones that everyone likes or some new ones specially sculpted for the film? or a reuse of the Origins claws?

Eh, believe it or not, she's actually not my cup of tea. Sure, cool Minimate, but she's like Yoko from Kill Bill. A 'Lets just get this over with' fight sequence. Maybe it's that I'm just not that excited for this movie after that last piece of trash.

Do you mean "Gogo"? I'd love a Gogo Yubari Minimate!

And by "last piece of trash," do you mean X-Men Origins: Wolverine? I assume you don't mean X-Men First Class, and while it's not perfect, I enjoy the last Wolverine movie for what it is. Far more than "Green Lantern," anyway.

Yeah, It's been a while since I've seen it. And W:O was bad enough that I only say it in theaters (i wish I hadn't) I don't even own the DVD. First Class was stupendous!

I think we're making at LEAST one look for each of the three female characters. They each wear multiple looks.

Zach . . . wub.png . You always know just what to say.

Hopefully they're the looks everybody wants. We had a tough time getting reference, and while the new art looks great, the designs are locked, as far as I know.

Mmmm, you always know just what to say. Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I don't understand why correct hair color is such a problem for filmmakers. She doesn't need "black green hair covering her face", but she couldn't at least be a brunette? rolleyes.gif

That teaser looks awesome (of course, so did the Origins trailers).

The posters look like Photoshopped dogsh**, however. I can't believe people get paid for crap like this:

WolverineRageMarchTrailerposterBig1.jpg

the-wolverine-poster.jpg

The cityscape isn't as bad as the ninjas, but still. Ick. yucky.gif

And I enjoyed Green Lantern. Especially after reading 8 years of comics (Rebirth through Blackest Night, including all the GLC books in there as well) in 8 months, then seeing the movie for a second time. It is way more faithful to the source material than First Class, which was a great film, but one of the worst adaptations I've seen since the Resident Evil movies (which I very much enjoy as movies, but holy crap, are they terrible adaptations).

And blonde Blake Lively went brunette for Carol Ferris. tongue.png

I'll take Reynolds' Green Lantern over any of the X-Men movies we've gotten so far, barring X2.

I still hate their "muscle" suits, and while he was a perfect Wade Wilson, he wasn't the greatest Hal Jordan, but I'd rather get a GL sequel (of course, now we've lost the best voice for Kilowog sad.png) than another Bryan Singer butchering. Everything I hear about DoFP just makes me angrier.

C'mon, Disney, you're rich enough to get the rights from Fox (and Sony), even if they're still active. Make them an offer.

Edited by TENIME_art

The trailer looks great so far, and I'm thrilled to finally see something from the movie, but these 30 second clips are really ridiculous. From what I've seen they're already saying there's going to be a longer one tomorrow and then presumably the one that actually comes out in theaters. Can't they just do it right the first time? I'm not a fan of having stuff like trailers have a teaser of their own.

That horrible photoshopped Wolvie & Tha Ninja's hurts the publicity for this movie more than anything. Whoever made that abomination and whoever approved it's use needs to be fired.

The viral marketing for this movie is very involved. Hope it lives up to the hype. If the best we get is 616-style (or close enough with minor QC-ing) Wolvie supporting cast minimates, then I'm happy.

What in the name of Interns-allowed-to-use-photoshop-hell is that?!?!?!

That ninja poster is freaking horrible. It's a great idea for a poster - but the executions is utter garbage.

The other poster isn't nearly so offensive... but why is the city falling apart / raining?

So I guess the Frank Miller miniseries was just a very loose source of inspiration...there are many of the same characters, it is set in Japan, but the main story is something Fox has concocted.

Cautiously optimistic. If this one doesn't work the way a solo Wolverine movie should, I think it is Jackman's last shot at defining the character, DoFP included.

Just like the comics, the more you know about Wolverine, the less interesting he becomes.

So wolverines gonna be wave 52 will Thor be wave 53 & does it leave room for anymore comic based waves this year?

Yeah, it seems like half the 'mates being offered are from these damned Marvel movies. Just be glad no one is clamoring for 'mates based on the cartoons.

Next year will be better. The only Marvel flicks being released in 2014 are Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Well... that's actually more than this year.

No, it's 2015 that's looking lean with the Fantastic Four reboot, the Avengers sequel, and Ant-Man!

huh.png

So wolverines gonna be wave 52 will Thor be wave 53 & does it leave room for anymore comic based waves this year?

Yeah, it seems like half the 'mates being offered are from these damned Marvel movies. Just be glad no one is clamoring for 'mates based on the cartoons.

Next year will be better. The only Marvel flicks being released in 2014 are Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Well... that's actually more than this year.

No, it's 2015 that's looking lean with the Fantastic Four reboot, the Avengers sequel, and Ant-Man!

huh.png

Wow! As someone who's very much a fan of the comic based waves, that's actually quite depressing. There's gotta be a case there somewhere for the movie waves being a separate entity like they are with TRU.