UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hellfire Club

Martini World

We already got that emma frost back in wave 8 or 9 (can't remember). I would be down with the rest of the club though.

Yes, but now Emma's a "big star" with a movie appearance and everything. She might even be just B+ list enough to anchor a Hellfire Club boxed set with her, Shaw, Pierce, and Mastermind. At least that's what I would do if I ran the circus.

And speaking of Pierce, he loves to claim he's the White King now that he's been kicked out years ago.

"wishlist thread". Heh. It's cute the way you guys think there actually such a thing.

Yeah - The old wave 9 White Queen is looking a bit out-dated these days. Especially when compared to the wave 34 Black Queens.

I'd be down for a Hellfire Club set. Updated White Queen,
Donald Pierce, Sebastian Shaw (with bare chest & extra arms, so he
can go topless, as he was so fond of doing back in the 80's) & i'd
really want to see the last place go to Harry Leland - I figure he'd be
the hardest custom to make. You could make a Mastermind reasonably
easily from the Pierce parts.

Or Better yet - TRU could to a Mastermind / Dark Phoenix 2 -Pack thumbsup.gif

"wishlist thread". Heh. It's cute the way you guys think there actually such a thing.

It totally used to be a real thing... didn't it? sad.png

Again, without NR we will never know for sure will we. I've been around on and off... several years now, and I don't remember one single thread dedicated to wishlisting with rambling "Man it'd be cool if..." conversations restricted to only there. As far as I can tell just about every thread on here minimate related devolves into a couple of pages worth of wish lists eventually, whether or not it stays on topic. >shrug<

But if this is truely becoming a problem for some, prehaps a "Wishlisting" sub section could be added to the Marvel forum and all these threads could be moved there.

oooooOOOOOOoooooh.

Thaaaat wishlist thread.

We're actually suppossed to talk about the lists in there? Huh. Who knew.

• 1 month later...

Would definitely love to see a Hellfire a club Box Set. As much as I love Emma Frost her older wave figure isn't the best, it's actually quite horrible (compared to her FC, AvX & new F5 mates). That being said would love a new Emma Frost Hellfire Club minimate, Shaw would definitely have to come with a removable top he always had his top off in the 80s. I wouldn't mind seeing Wyngarde and Pierce as well, would also be nice to see Tessa!

I certainly wouldn't say no to them, but I'd much much much much much much MUCH rather get the Brotherhood rounded out first. (As I just explained at length in the Villains poll thread)...

That said...

I'd like the Dark Phoenix Saga Inner Circle and that's about it. Shaw, Leland, Pierce, Wyngarde, Updated Emma, and I'm good. Honestly, I could probably even live without Leland and Wyngarde. White Queen needs an update, if this were to be done, that I won't deny. Shaw and Pierce have at least remained relevant X-Men villains over the years, so I want them a little more than the rest. Wyngarde I feel, is better released as Mastermind (or one with the other as a variant). Leland is... a somewhat useless character, in the grand scheme of the Marvel Universe... that I'd just want for Dark Phoenix Saga completion's sake.

Maybe Tessa... but more because I want her as Sage than I do as Tessa.

Honestly, I just don't see where these guys have the comic book appeal to get a wide release of the whole team. They're not SUPER Villains, like Blob or Toad or Pyro. I know their powers because I'm an X-Men geek, but most of the comic book world doesn't even have a clear idea of their powers, I've noticed. They played a key role in one of the most iconic X-Men stories of all time, and I'd never deny that... but beyond that they're... kinda boring. From a toy/character perspective. Ultimately, they're a bunch of guys in stuffy shirts with ponytails.

They're too lame for their own boxed set or wave. No way could they support that. Not even GOOD villains get their own waves, and very rarely do they get their own boxed sets. The Hellfire Club stands about as much chance of release as a "founding fathers" boxed set... less chance actually... since more people know who George Washington is than do Donald Pierce.

I could see Shaw getting released as a one-off someday, kinda like Selene was. Shaw and an updated White Queen or Dark Phoenix seem like an okay 2 pack for one of those "Misc" character waves, that lacks a strong theme. But I don't think the rest of them have very good odds at all.

I could easily see Minimates going another 10 years as a toy line while never releasing a Harry Leland minimate... lol.

Edited by Gillbob316