UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello from Brazil

Hello everybody!

My name is Daniel and I'm from Brazil. I'm 30 years old and I collect Marvel comics since I was... actually, I don' t remember how old I was. I know that my passion for comics started in 1994.

I had the chance to know the Marvel Minimates series last July when I was on vacation in New York. I was amazed by the details and amount of obscure characters. And so I decided to give it a try, knowing that I wouldn't rest until I got all of them.

Unfortunately, they are quite impossible to be found here in my country so I depend basically on Ebay auctions. Sometimes I get them for a fair price, but the shipping fee is depressing.

Well, I guess that's it. I'm a regular reader but I never really posted anything until today. Hope to share my opinions and ideas with you guys.

Daniel
:)

O.M.G.

You are my new best friend. Tell me everything! Where do you live? What's the weather like? Hows the travel and safety in your country? Are you excited for the Olympics I have this crazy nebulous idea about backpacking there. Does everyone really speak Portuguese? Or are there Spanish speakers too? How far inland do you have to get before you speak Spanish? Are the comic shops in English or Portuguese. Tell me!

Also, hi.

Hey Daniel, it's great to see you here. Hopefully you'll find more of what you need here (since I could only help you out with a Spider-Carnage). thumbsup.gif

I have to confess that you inspired me to post here! :)

Welcome to the black hole in which you were sucked into

Thank you very much for the warming welcome! :)

O.M.G.

You are my new best friend. Tell me everything! Where do you live? What's the weather like? Hows the travel and safety in your country? Are you excited for the Olympics I have this crazy nebulous idea about backpacking there. Does everyone really speak Portuguese? Or are there Spanish speakers too? How far inland do you have to get before you speak Spanish? Are the comic shops in English or Portuguese. Tell me!

Also, hi.

LOL

I'm always delighted when people want to know about Brazil. When I was visiting NY last July, a saleswoman from Sacks was amazed to find out that I hate guavas. :)

I live in São Paulo, the most important capital city from Brazil. It may not be the main tourist attraction, since it doesn't offer beautiful beaches like Rio de Janeiro, but it's a really huge city. We have people from all over the world.

Our native language is PORTUGUESE... I really have no idea why people think we speak Spanish. Well, it's pretty similar, I know, but we were colonized by the Portuguese guys. I don't speak Spanish at all... lol

Comics here in Brazil are translated into Portuguese. The main publisher we have is Panini, which I guess is known in Europe or something like that. We usually have a difference of one year from American comics. For example, the last saga we had here in Brazil was Fear Itself (what we called "A Essência do Medo" or "The Essence of Fear").

Thank you for your welcome! Where are you from?

Welcome to the 'verse and your new addiction, Daniel!

And you're not the only one living oustide of Minimate-Country. A lot of us are from all over the world and we've found our ways to get our 2" plastic crack. Besides our Fleamarket, Luke's Toystore might be a good start for current releases.

I noticed that Minimates are only sold in the United States, right? I hope to make some cool deals at the Fleamarket! :)

Bom dia!!

Where are you from in Brazil? I am visiting Passo Fundo, Gramado, and Canela(RS) at the end of Feb. beginning of Mar. My wife is from Londrina in Parana state.

Maybe we can work something to get you some mates de forma mais barata.thumbsup.gif

Boa tarde! (I'm writing at 2 p.m. right now)

I'm from São Paulo and I've never been to RS or Paraná. I wish I could've visited more Brazilian States... :( I hope you enjoy your trip to Brazil. It's a gorgeous country! :)

Welcome aboard! Here are a few places you can buy minimates without resorting to eBay (they are the ones I use):

Luke's toy store

Atomik Toys

Amazon

Corner store comics

Thank you for the suggestions! :)

Welcome aboard! Here are a few places you can buy minimates without resorting to eBay (they are the ones I use):

Luke's toy store

Atomik Toys

Amazon

Corner store comics

And with that, you're officially off my black ball n00b list. Congrats, Kosti. smile.png

Sky_Dive, I'm lookin at you. You're up!