UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor 2 coming Nov 2013, Will we get minimates?

monkeycrumb

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, I really hope X-Men Days of Future Past isn't relying on Wolverine mate sales figures, because they're almost apples & oranges! (i.e. one recognizable hero vs a whole team of recognizable heros!)

WOOT! on Thor 2!

Heimdall - YES! Hope the costume matches Thor 1

Darcy & Selvig - Upgraded Selvig, sure why not. Don't care for Darcy's character but sure why not.

BUT if we don't get Fandrall & Hogun, I would have sacrificed Darcy and/or Selvig to get them!

Frigga - confirmed by Zach - TRU wave I guess?

Here's hoping for Kurse, Fandrall & Hogun!

But since Frigga was confirmed, who is taking up the last 3 TRU spots? Does that mean we're skipping Jane Foster this time? I'm very much okay with that since we already have one. As important as her character is, I don't see them putting 2 females at TRU.

Can't wait to see pics!

Zach, any chance on announcing the TRU lineup?

Zach, I really hope X-Men Days of Future Past isn't relying on Wolverine mate sales figures, because they're almost apples & oranges! (i.e. one recognizable hero vs a whole team of recognizable heros!)

Same here. I understand but don't think a series that's heavy on one (albeit popular) character like Wolverine can be a fair indication of how well a series that SHOULD feature a wide variety of characters might perform.

Unless of course the TRU buyer is a huge Hugh Jackman fan and expects Logan to be packed into every 2-pack from Days of Future Past. Which would be silly. "Wow! The Wolverine really flew off the shelves! Make sure you add plenty of Wolverine to that X-Men movie assortment, bub!"

Or worse: "Well, The Wolverine didn't really perform as expected despite being one of the few toy lines based on the movie. Which is pretty much what happened with First Class so... from here on out, no more mutants."

But, yeah. Anyway. Darcy!

Hoping she'll be sporting an Asgardian girdle to put Wonder Woman to shame.

Fandral/Hogun and Frigga/Odin at TRU. Yes, Thor/Malekith and Loki/Heimdal will be shared, although The Thor set may be slightly more weighted at TRU.

And only TRU's indifference to DoFP can doom it. Without their support, I doubt we would pursue it just for specialty, but who knows. Also, XMFC is still on the pegs, and they still want Wolverine, so I wouldn't dispair just yet.

Heimdall!! Yeeehyyuhh!!

Damn now I need to get that Sif pack from the first movie!

XMFC is peg warming? While I don't have them nor have seen them ever at my TRus. Damn what a cruel unfair world we live in.

Wow - Frigga, Darcy, Hogun, Fandral, Heimdal AND Malekith!!!

These assortments are shaping up to be bloddy brilliant!

Between these guys and the Thor 1 figures, it looks like there really will be a well rounded cast represented in minimates. I'm very impressed. Can't wait for images.

Not too enthused on another Selvig, I'd have loved that 'Powered Up Thor' we missed out on from the first movie in his place.

Perhaps there will be a box set for the movie, just like the Iron Man ones we seem to get.

Jane

Powered up Thor

Civvy Thor

Dark Elf

Not too enthused on another Selvig, I'd have loved that 'Powered Up Thor' we missed out on from the first movie in his place.

I just google searched for the concept art and couldn't find it, can anyone please help? :)

Heimdall!! Yeeehyyuhh!!

Damn now I need to get that Sif pack from the first movie!

XMFC is peg warming? While I don't have them nor have seen them ever at my TRus. Damn what a cruel unfair world we live in.

They've been clearanced for ages, and there's still some hanging around. Definitely pegwarmes. I'm sure there are several of us that can help you complete a set. Go take a look at the trade thread.

Fandral/Hogun and Frigga/Odin at TRU. Yes, Thor/Malekith and Loki/Heimdal will be shared, although The Thor set may be slightly more weighted at TRU.

And only TRU's indifference to DoFP can doom it. Without their support, I doubt we would pursue it just for specialty, but who knows. Also, XMFC is still on the pegs, and they still want Wolverine, so I wouldn't dispair just yet.

YESSS!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

No Kurse, and it sounds like Jane Foster wears Asguardian Armor in the movie. So, does that mean there's a Thor 2 themed SDCC 4-pack coming this summer? Sounds logical since they could have otherwise taken Selvig & Darcy's places in the LCBS wave.

if DoFP is going to be TRU only, I hope it lasts at least 2 waves! And I've bought up all the First Class pegwarmers in LA that I could find.

Wolverine comes out in 3 months, shouldn't we be seeing pics of the minimates soon?

YESSS!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

No Kurse, and it sounds like Jane Foster wears Asguardian Armor in the movie. So, does that mean there's a Thor 2 themed SDCC 4-pack coming this summer? Sounds logical since they could have otherwise taken Selvig & Darcy's places in the LCBS wave.

if DoFP is going to be TRU only, I hope it lasts at least 2 waves! And I've bought up all the First Class pegwarmers in LA that I could find.

Wolverine comes out in 3 months, shouldn't we be seeing pics of the minimates soon?

I don't think anyone is allowed to release Thor movie product as early as SDCC. We're definitely not doing a box set.

I can't imagine DoFP would be TRU only, I only said that if TRU didn't want it, we probably wouldn't do it. I don't remember the details of XMFC being TRU only, but there must have been a reason. DoFP seems like it would have a broader appeal.

We solicited the Wolverine figures without pics out of necessity. Once I have something to show, I will, but I don't. Not sure when Minimates will actually hit, possibly post-film. Again, out of necessity.

• 2 weeks later...

Very fun. Although, based on the trailer, I think I would prefer a second Jane to a second Selvig....

And what is up with Loki's hair?