UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor 2 coming Nov 2013, Will we get minimates?

monkeycrumb

Title says it all. However, I'm more hopeful for more classic comic-style Asgardians this year, such as the Enchantress and the Warriors Three. I would also love to see the unreleased Thor movie Borders exclusive 2-pack of Fandral & Hogun get released this year.

I wouldn't expect to see any designs until SDCC, but Zach, is Thor 2 and some comic style companions on tap for 2013?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Aye we will get movie based minimates and hopefully with them a comic based wave to go along with it. Malekith the Accursed would be a given but if his movie look could pass as the comic look then it may not be same as the Destroyer.

I am more in favour of comic accurate stuff then the movie lines so like everyone else Enchantress and Executioner are top of my Thor 616 list but there are a few others that coulsd slip in for a thor wave.

Warriors Three, naturally.

Grey Gargoyle

Absorbing Man (Updated)

Titania

Ulik

Mr Hyde

Wrecking Crew! ( The perennial MMMV boxset want)

I would say Aye we will get movie based minimates and hopefully with them a comic based wave to go along with it. Malekith the Accursed would be a given but if his movie look could pass as the comic look then it may not be same as the Destroyer.

I am more in favour of comic accurate stuff then the movie lines so like everyone else Enchantress and Executioner are top of my Thor 616 list but there are a few others that coulsd slip in for a thor wave.

Warriors Three, naturally.

Grey Gargoyle

Absorbing Man (Updated)

Titania

Ulik

Mr Hyde

Wrecking Crew! ( The perennial MMMV boxset want)

Oh absolutely! I'd like each and every one of those sets... along with Cobra and a bulky (done RIGHT) Destroyer.

See, when lots of people get excited about the movies coming out... I'm the one excited about the prospect of new comic collections of old comic book material being reprinted and new comic-based minimates hitting.

Edited by Mystery Man

Sarcasm aside, I think that there will be at least movie based minimates. I expect given the popularity of the Avengers movie that both Cap and Thor will get a boost in revenue this time around.

Not holding my breath for any comics waves, boxed set maybe, but not a wave.

616 Amora and Skurge, yeah they're in the 'can't believe we haven't seen them yet' category. Other Asgardians not so much. YMMV

Now movie based Hogan, Fandral, and Heimdall, no doubt. But I don't have high hopes for them this time around unless they are MUCH more prominent this movie. No, we'll likely see Malekith, Algram, Amora, and whatever new characters are featured this time around. And more Thor and Loki's.

Now in a perfect world, there would be a "guys we missed" super sized boxed set at SDCC that featured Final Battle Whiplash, Fandral, Hogan, Heimdal, Zola, Sawyer, and Bruce Banner. Expensive, yes, but I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

Now in a perfect world, there would be a "guys we missed" super sized boxed set at SDCC that featured Final Battle Whiplash, Fandral, Hogan, Heimdal, Zola, Sawyer, and Bruce Banner. Expensive, yes, but I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

Sawyer? I don't remember that name. Please, wise sir, enlighten me.

Merci

Sawyer? I don't remember that name. Please, wise sir, enlighten me.

Merci

Phillips, not Sawyer. In comics and in the movie Col./Gen. Chester Phillips is the man in charge of Project: Rebirth. In the movie, he also served as a Nick Fury Sr. stand in at times. "Happy Sam" Sawyer was Nick Fury Sr.'s commanding officer in WWII/Howling Commando days. And in my mid-first cup of coffee haze this morning, I got the two men confused. Sorry to have inflicted it on you guys. Won't happen again.

That'd be great. Won't happen but I'd buy it, too. And as long as we're masturbating vigously to this fantasy, I'd like a much larger Destroyer as well.

I suspect Thor 2 'mates will be on display at Toy Fair, if not sooner.

Mastering your bait whilst hoping for 'a much larger destroyer' is not a picture that sits happily in my mind's eye .

Everyone says it's not the size of the Destroyer than counts but when I look at that puny thing, I sure as hell don't want to whip it out and put it on display.

No comic-based Thor assortment planned, but definitely movie Minimates. The designs are, as they say in Asgard, muy fantastico.

LCS and TRU assortments, I assume? Unique assortments with no crossovers?

Stars and garters, PL, here is was engaging in some harmless wistful wishlisting and you have to get all hand lotion and Kleenex. Just sayin' there were missed characters in each of the Marvel movie-verse minimate lines that in a perfect world there would be some way to get a hold of. But ain't no livin' in perfect world, there ain't no perfect world anyway. So better to look forward than backward. Then here you go getting all Costansa w/ Glamour... you and Valo clearly feel differently about these toys than I do. huh.png

ermm.gif

[putting away the lotion]

Sorry, Miry. Your wishlist got me excited.

I, too, am looking forward to second chances. Hasbro managed to offer up plenty of armors from the first Iron Man movie withing their Iron Man 2 assortments. I've suggested DST do the same, especially when original circumstances wouldn't allow the timely release of figures like Armored Whiplash. (I really want to add that to my collection!)

While I do think that's possible within each family brand, a giant boxed set that covers more than one movie property (IE Thor and Iron Man) is unlikely. I've been told Marvel frowns on that so we'll just have to come up with another way to get them into our hands. For example, I'd be all for a 5-pack of Hammer Drones that included Whiplash because I never got the army dump and army-building is cool with many collectors.

And in my book, you offer ALL the Warriors Three or none at all. We were ONE 2-pack away from completing that trio. No retailer wanted that exclusive, I suppose. Thor 2 is certainly a chance to make up for that criminal exclusion. Get Heimdall and Zola in there and I'm a happy camper.