UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro Star Wars Black series

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kmart also has them for $19.99. Picked up a Sandtrooper and R2 there. I like them well enough, but disappointed they didn't go as all out with the accessories as they could have. The 3 3/4" Sandtrooper blaster actually has a folding stock where this one does not. Plus, what I wouldn't have given for just R2's head to pop off to store his stuff inside. Oh well. I've hesitated on the Pilot Luke simply because I hate the front neck peg showing the way it does. Always looks bad to me. Passed on Maul because, well... he's Maul. I'm sure they'll improve as the line continues, as long as it has some life in it past 3-4 waves.

Almost bought the Artoo 6"; but for $22 (@ Fred Meyer) there just wasn't enough in the box for me to make a purchase. I took it and pilot Luke to the end of the aisle and compared them to the ML Iron Man Legends series 2 and was just disappointed. (of course, I don't like the price of those figures either)

They are making it easy for me to pass them up.

I've always been a sucker for slave Leia but without an in scale Jabba The Hutt it wouldn't have much of a place in my collection. I'm very impressed with these, it amazes me when I am more into the figures than I am the license the toys were born from. A New Hope Leia, RotJ Luke and Emporor Palpatine are some I'd like to see in 6 inch scale.

• 4 weeks later...

So...I broke down and picked up X-Wing Pilot Luke the other day on a failed TRU Minimate hunt. I'm surprisingly pleased with the figure. The articulation and details are very nice, and the sculpt likeness of New Hope Hamill is spot on. If other figures in the series end up looking this good, I may pick a few more of them up. One problem though, and I am betting it is one that others will have, the belt clip for the lightsaber hilt broke off pretty quickly as the plastic was very thin. I had picked up a bunch of rare earth magnets for 1/6 customs, and decided to apply a few to the belt and lightsaber hilt to replace the broken hook.

20130927_081837.jpg

20130927_081937.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Han arrived a few weeks ago and he's one of the best action figures i've ever owned, period. Could only be surpassed by Bespin Han, but he's perfect. Well worth the premium, he's gonna be a fast seller.

His elbow joints look wonky in the pics I've seen; they look ok in-hand though?

My Han arrived a few weeks ago and he's one of the best action figures i've ever owned, period. Could only be surpassed by Bespin Han, but he's perfect. Well worth the premium, he's gonna be a fast seller.

His elbow joints look wonky in the pics I've seen; they look ok in-hand though?

They're a liiiiiiiittle bit too bulgy where the elbow would be, but honestly i barely notice it.the sleeves and wrinkles do a fair job of suggesting it's just bunched up shirt. His poseablility is outstanding; the hips even with the blaster belt, and torso movement, are surprisingly really great Ankles too.

If i had one complaint, it's that the neck is slightly too long, but that's also a barely noticeable detail, unless you take the vest off.

The head sculpt for Han looks better in those pics than the promo shots so I might consider picking him up, but I can't seem to muster up any enthusiasm at the prospect. These are pretty good figures but I can't get excited about them the way I can about some of the latest NECA, DCC, and Select offerings.

Got my set today, and Boba Fett an Han Solo are just awesome. I love them. Greedo is nice, though I don't care much about him. Leia is fine, definitely the weakest figure in the line so far. Basically, I didn't want to risk missing out on Boba (I suspect he's going to be hard to find) so I bought the set, but I probably would have passed on Greedo and Leia otherwise.