UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro Star Wars Black series

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Head on ball joint connected to thin circular "spine" with hole at bottom. Body = hemisphere on either side of "spine" with two hemispheres connected along an axis. Base can plug in to bottom of spine, body can spin on axis, head can turn and tilt OR head can be held and body can roll along beneath. Bonus points if the base looks like a dust cloud coming out behind his body

If he at some point has arms, I assume they would come out along the right and left poles, so they could peg in to the body at either end off the axis.

Alternatively, have a ball bearing at the center of the body and allow the head to magnetize to the outside, allowing full spherical rotation of the body

tumblr_m7998nwn2u1qhg13lo1_500.gif?w=650

The head will probably need to come off.

In other news, I see while oil prices are dropping, retail prices on petroleum byproducts like 3 3/4" Black Series Star Wars action figures aren't going up by almost $5.

I had trouble enough justifying paying $10. This is pushing me right out of the hobby. I doubt I'll be able to afford to collect figures from TFA at this rate.

• 6 months later...

Bossk is cool, and so is Boush. What is the size complaint about IG88? I like him too. Commander Cody is pretty great. I'm waiting for Luke and Han in disguise, Emperor Palpatine, and the security clone trooper, as well as the two deluxe sets to arrive.

I found Bossk at the grocery store a few weeks ago. Still haven't bought him. It feels to me like this line is losing steam; I never see new figures in stores any more and just end up getting them on Amazon. Shame, since it started out so hot.

At this point I'm pretty sure distribution is scarce because of the new movie toyline launching in the fall. I know for a fact at my TRU we will not be receiving any new Star Wars until then.

I've found Palpatine, IG-88, and Cody a few times, but i just can't bring myself to buy them for the pricepoint. Collecting this line used to be a lot more exciting. Can't wait until my First Order trooper arrives, at least.

I'm not sure posting a picture where IG-88 is clearly standing a step below the other bounty hunters proves the figure is the right size.

The new movie on the way probably explains part of the distribution problems, mostly why Target has a bunch of pegs that they won't fill, but it's not like distribution has been good on this line after the first wave. Some of my local stores are still choking on Greedo and Slave Leia figures.

I don't mind the price so much, but I can't help but be disappointed as Hasbro really sold this as a "collector" line when it launched and then they quickly started cutting corners. The number of accessories started dropping almost immediately. There have been scale issues from the first wave, which is even more disappointing considering they do use so many new sculpts. Human likenesses are only okay. They didn't turn in good efforts on important figures like Yoda and Darth Vader, though I'm going by photos on Darth Vader since I've never seen the figure in stores. It's still as good a mass market line as is out there (not that Hasbro has any real competition in that regard) but considering how good so many of the 3.75" figures were the 6" line seems to fall short.

I do own it, and I'm probably being harder on it because it's one of the few SWB figures I've paid full price for. My first thought when I opened the box was that it was too short. Looking at the bounty hunter lineup again, it seems like they just scaled it to that picture without realizing IG-88 is standing a step below the other bounty hunters, which is weird since Hasbro got it right in the 3.75" scale before. Again, the attention to detail that should be present seems to be missing. Not that any of this matters since the figure won't be able to stand in a display for more than a day or two anyway. It should have been one of the best figures in the line but instead it's just mediocre.

Well, I said their distribution over the past 10 years has been utter garbage, and I included every Hasbro product in that statement. Not just Star Wars Black, or even just Star Wars period, and not just because the movie. Marvel, Transformers, G.I. Joe. Finding anything Hasbro anywhere in the Chicagoland area over the past decade has been a nightmare.

• 3 months later...