UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro Star Wars Black series

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Walgreens exclusives (Proto Fett and Agent Venom) on shelves at Target. I am thinking it was just resellers that bought other figures and returned them in their place, but I cant believe Target's return system is basic enough for that to even work.

Most major retailers allocate a batch of UPCs to a single stock number, therefore their system doesn't recognize that you're buying Black Widow, only that you're buying a Captain America Legends figure. It is moderately surprising that the unique UPCs for the exclusive characters are in the Target system, but that seems to me the fault, perhaps, of Hasbro supplying them those numbers in the first place. I imagine it as Hasbro dumping a list of UPCs into Target's lap to be entered into their system as "Action Figure Line X"

Side note:

In the past, Wal-Mart has not only NOT followed this system, they've clearly had nerds working for them. I. The GI Joe 25th Anniversary line, a figure called Big Brawler - who was an update of the character Outback, a name Hasbro could no longer use - rang up as "Outback" on Wal-Mart registers. This means that not only did his individual UPC register specifically with their computer system, as opposed to coming up simply as GIJoe25th or something, but also that whoever entered the information knew EXACTLY what they were doing

still haven't found prototype boba fett or darth vader. hopefully, they'll be more common after the holidays. was at a convention and saw this guy selling white boba fett for $60, which is just crazy.

I already typed up this big tirade on my Facebook page, and don't feel like editing it, so I'm just gonna paste it here:

So, I preordered two of the Walgreens exclusive white concept art Star Wars Black Boba Fett back in July. I paid via Paypal as I had the money for them then, and didn't feel like sitting on it until September when they were supposed to start shipping.

Then they started showing up in stores. People would ask me if I wanted them to grab me one, or telling me what locations they found them in so I could go myself. But I had two preordered. Why waste time & money getting more than I needed (I wanted one to leave as is, and one to customize, since it was all white - a good blank template)?

October rolled around and I suddenly had nowhere to move to, and still hadn't gotten a shipping notice, so I called up Walgreens customer service to change the delivery address to my work (and find out why they hadn't shipped yet).

First, they tell me they can't change the address (despite it not having shipped). That it'll go to my old house no matter what (mail forwarding would prevent that, but still - you can't change where it will go before it's ever left?). Second, they tell me they've all been delayed. Kinda shitty that you fulfill your brick & mortar stores before 3 month old online orders, but whatever, as long as I get them.

Someone contacts me every few weeks to update me on the fact that there's still no update.

Now, 5 months later, I get a call (on my cellphone) at work, saying all preorders are being cancelled, but don't worry, you can just reorder with the person on the phone no problem (then why cancel them?). Except, they'd need a credit or debit card (it was actually Walgreens, I wasn't being scammed), but don't worry, since they only charge when shipping, and since they never shipped, they never charged.

Except Paypal (not the bad guys here) took my money when I placed the preorder.

Well, Walgreens will talk to their accounting department who will contact Paypal on my behalf, and work it out.

Then I get an e-mail saying "nope, sorry, we never got your money, and now it's too late to replace the order, so good luck finding the product in stores." Which sold out of them months ago (pretty much the week they hit the stores). Prices aren't insane on eBay, but still $5-10 above retail (at best - two to three times more, at worst). And I already spent $43.58 worth of product/tax/shipping.

As if I didn't already hate "store exclusive toys" enough to begin with.

I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (as if that'll do anything), and urge people not to support this company.

Wow! I love my local comic shop! I just recently got into collecting these, and I've been trying to catch up on the older waves. I was fearing having to track down the first wave (Luke, R2-D2, Maul, and Sandtrooper) because they've been fetching such high prices on the aftermarket (especially Maul and R2). I popped into the shop today and I mentioned I was looking for them. He went into the back, pulled out all 4 figures, and sold them to me for $25 a piece. I'm so excited!

Yes I am trying to get all of them. I had Greedo prevously, and I got Han, Leia, Obi-Wan, Bespin Luke, and Speeder Bike/Scout for Christmas. Then when I got the first wave yesterday, I also picked up Chewie, a Stormtrooper, and RotJ Luke. I love everything that's been produced! My only problem is trying to resist the urge to army build Clones/Stormtroopers. That could get expensive fast!

My thoughts on army building (as if anyone cares) -

Two for basic figures. It shows that there's more than one. 'Nuff said.

Three if there's an interesting or unique display option.

I (pretty much) only buy more than three if a new version is released. For example - Sentinels. I had three of the original (two displayed as modern, one classic) but have since bought two of the wave 59's and an MvC. I've considered the DoFP version, as well.

Jabba at 15 bucks on Amazon is miiiiiiiiighty tempting to me at this point. I simply cannot start collecting this line but just having a Jabba/Leia in my display would be cool. I just don't trust myself not to become consumed by a great toy line.

Head on ball joint connected to thin circular "spine" with hole at bottom. Body = hemisphere on either side of "spine" with two hemispheres connected along an axis. Base can plug in to bottom of spine, body can spin on axis, head can turn and tilt OR head can be held and body can roll along beneath. Bonus points if the base looks like a dust cloud coming out behind his body

If he at some point has arms, I assume they would come out along the right and left poles, so they could peg in to the body at either end off the axis.

Alternatively, have a ball bearing at the center of the body and allow the head to magnetize to the outside, allowing full spherical rotation of the body

Edited by Mnemosis